Strong response from Armour and Tyromax

Dlt

I have been having “reactions” to thyriod meds. When I try 1/4 of a 60mg Armour or one drop of tyromax on my skin I get extremely nervous, anxiety, hot, increased pulse, disconnected, short tempered, head pressure and cannot sleep. It’s not mild but very intense and very uncomfortable. It last about 14 hours.

I react to all thyroid meds this way. I have been able to SLOWLY get to 25 mcg of Tirosint with 2.5 mcg of t3. But I was only able to get to this dose by small increments over months. I have not seen huge improvements in temps on 25 Tirosint and t3 but initially felt a mental improvement.

I am clinically hypothyriod with a TSH at 6. My morning temps are 97.4 and go up to 97.8-98 20 minutes after meals. Horrible afternoon fatigue. Flushing some evenings. Cholesterol is above 200 and liver enzymes are always elevated with no drinking. Fasting blood sugar is 105. Also pretty sure I have estrogen clearance issues based on DUTCH hormone testing. I finally am able to tolerate coffee without nervousness. I am in my mid 50s.

I follow forefront health diet and supplements which are based off of RP.

supplements (forefront health):
VitE
ADK
B Complex
Carrot salad or charcoal
OJ usage
at night to reduce stress hormones
Occasional oregano oil for gut and I do feel somewhat improvements on oregano oil.

My question is has anyone had similiar reactions on such a small dose of Thyriod? Any advice or something I am missing? This is really frustrating and feel my health is in the tubes.

Thanks

Elize

ADK Lowers cortisol and may be what triggers the stress response. I too have Forefront ADK using 7 drops 3 times a day.is waaaaay too much for me.

OP
D

Dlt

Interesting. Do you think switching ADK to night supplementation would be advised along with reducing the dose? I do have low D (<25) so wonder if lowering ADK and taking just D would effect cortisol?

thanks...

Elize

I take my ADK 3 days a week only after a very good dinner. More than that makes me feel shaky and get bad body aches caused by low cortisol. I can't touch magnesium in any form at all as it also lowers cortisol

OP
D

Dlt

Very good information that I was not aware of. Do you follow forefront dietary protocol? Do you supplement thyriod?

Thank You.

Elize

NDT don't work for me. T3 only neither. Both triggers histamine liberating reactions with me. Synthroid, Tirosint and Tirosint-Sol did too. So I use Levoxyl T4 70 mcg at bedtime and T3 Cytomel 2.5 mg after breakfast. My TSH is under 1 T4 high normal and my T3 is low normal. My D3 is 26 once I get to 50 will increase the T3 maybe tolerate it better then. I take oxbile supplement at breakfast since I have no gallbladder. No other meds or supplements . I don't find the sugar and all the dairy and Orange juice good for me. High in salicylates and histamine.

OP
D

Dlt

Thank you for taking the time to share this. I too have histamine reactions but I swear they are reduced the more thyriod I get in me. I’m surprised tirosint caused histamine issues as I always thought of that one as the cleanest as far as fillers but I will keep an eye on how I react. Armour so far has been a disaster but it could be cortisol issues. I do measure cortisol with 4 point saliva test occasionally but not sure how useful that is. It is usually low in the AM.

MitchMitchell

Get T3 only and stick to 2 or 3 drops of tyronene

bloodwork should be tsh, free t3, free t4. Tsh in the lower quartile, free t3 upper quartile, free t4 kinda irrelevant. T4 has a tendency to convert too much into rT3 in hypothyroidism.

OP
D

Dlt

Get T3 only and stick to 2 or 3 drops of tyronene

bloodwork should be tsh, free t3, free t4. Tsh in the lower quartile, free t3 upper quartile, free t4 kinda irrelevant. T4 has a tendency to convert too much into rT3 in hypothyroidism.

The labs you listed above I have done and the ones that are off are TSH(~6) and Rt3 (20+). The rest are ok. Do you think Tyronene would not give me the stress response I got on tyromax or Armour? I didn’t know about tyronene.
thanks

MitchMitchell

RT3 being high isn’t a surprise. Giving t4 to someone with high tsh (and highly likely has high rT3 like you) means you just keep getting more rT3. The whole idea that something is better because it’s found as is in nature doesn’t really hold true when someone doesn’t have the enzymatic capacity to convert T4 into T3. So why give T4 in the first place.

Tyronene up until 3-4 drops first thing in the morning won’t get your tsh down to 0, but will significantly reduce rT3. Its worth trying. Everybody is different.

Elize

Tirosint gel cap. Contains Levothyroxine pork and bovine gelatin all histamine liberating.
Tirosint-Sol had Levothyroxine and glycerol and I got the most severe all over body rashes from it. Very bad heart palpitations and nausea and constantly had diarrhea. Lost weight went down to 96 pounds. Eating about 2500 calories a day and back up to 102 pounds. Still trying to get back a few more pounds. I am working on increasing T3 but I'm first working on getting my D levels up as was told I would then tolerate more T3 better

OP
D

Dlt

Tirosint gel cap. Contains Levothyroxine pork and bovine gelatin all histamine liberating.
Tirosint-Sol had Levothyroxine and glycerol and I got the most severe all over body rashes from it. Very bad heart palpitations and nausea and constantly had diarrhea. Lost weight went down to 96 pounds. Eating about 2500 calories a day and back up to 102 pounds. Still trying to get back a few more pounds. I am working on increasing T3 but I'm first working on getting my D levels up as was told I would then tolerate more T3 better
Again, really interesting. I take Tirosint gel. That could be adding to my flushing. I can tolerate 2.5 t3 with no issues. I might try and raise t3 like suggested above and see what happens.

What happens when you try to increase your t3?

lampofred

How can TyroMax cause a reaction topically? I thought NDT had to be digested in order to work. In the email depository there's an email from RP saying that NDT doesn't contain thyroid hormone, only a protein called thyroglobulin, and that as this protein is digested thyroid hormones are released.

Lucas

My reaction to small doses of T3, in this case 2.5 mcg, is sleep and very, very tired and cold hands. Because of that I only take T4 and with it I feel good and with my hands warm. I react very quickly to T4, on the first day I already feel a difference. I do not tolerate T3 in any way, even using hydrocortisone together, that is, increasing my cortisol as the Stopthethyroidmadness folks say.
Do I have to use my T3 dose only at night?

Elize

What happens when you try to increase your t3?
Start itching a lot
I become very sleepy, ice cold hands and feet, temperature drops to 35.8 C.

Last edited:

Elize

How can TyroMax cause a reaction topically? The alcohol or DMSO are histamine liberating for some people. Topically still can cause reactions with some people. Topically used magnesium still reduce cortisol. I am not a fan of Stop The Thyroid Madness.

Your body will tell you when the best time would be to take T3 and how much is right for you.

OP
D

Dlt

How can TyroMax cause a reaction topically? The alcohol or DMSO are histamine liberating for some people. Topically still can cause reactions with some people. Topically used magnesium still reduce cortisol. I am not a fan of Stop The Thyroid Madness.

Your body will tell you when the best time would be to take T3 and how much is right for you.

OP
D

Dlt

How do you know if it’s a histamine or thyriod reaction?
Oddly Tyromax topically, one drop caused my biggest reaction. Took several days to get the high adreneline feeling calmed down. Very unpleasant. I assumed it was because Tyromax was just more potent with T4/T3 compared to the dose of Armour I tried. So far my failed attempts to thyriod are either extreme wired or tired.

Thanks for the responses, I really am interested connecting the dots...

Elize

Look at it my posts about Histamine and you will understand the link. Itching, anxiety, shaking, gut issues a host of things. Muscle weakness. Red eyes and be more

OP
D

Dlt

Look at it my posts about Histamine and you will understand the link. Itching, anxiety, shaking, gut issues a host of things. Muscle weakness. Red eyes and be more
Will do, thank you.