Strong Lithium Deficit Despite Suplementation

Trunks00

Hi,

I can´t understand why my blood lithium is so low despite I am taking 10 mg of lithium orotate

Neither I can´t understand why my folic acid is so high if I am taking 5-mthfr (the active form that it is nos supposed to acumulate....)
Others comments about my blood tests are welcomed

These are my labtests (they are in spanish but I think they are understandable)

informe analisis febrero.pdf

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

redsun

According to this mineral interaction wheel I found containing lithium(most you find online dont have lithium in it), lithium and potassium antagonize each other and my guess since your potassium levels are borderline too low for normal function, your body is trying to keep you alive.

Low potassium in my opinion would be something you should be more concerned about and likely your lithium levels wont budge when potassium is so low.

Attachments

• The-mineral-wheel_img.jpg
    The-mineral-wheel_img.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 80
According to this mineral interaction wheel I found containing lithium(most you find online dont have lithium in it), lithium and potassium antagonize each other and my guess since your potassium levels are borderline too low for normal function, your body is trying to keep you alive.

Low potassium in my opinion would be something you should be more concerned about and likely your lithium levels wont budge when potassium is so low.

Cool wheel! Where did you find it? Any color version available?

redsun

Cool wheel! Where did you find it? Any color version available?

I remember finding a mineral interaction wheel when researching nutrition awhile ago. Didnt even know it was a thing until recently.

All I did was search google for mineral interaction wheel and you'll find others. This is just one I found with lithium, Im assuming the first results which cover known required minerals might be better wheels to reference as a general rule however.

I remember finding a mineral interaction wheel when researching nutrition awhile ago. Didnt even know it was a thing until recently.

All I did was search google for mineral interaction wheel and you'll find others. This is just one I found with lithium, Im assuming the first results which cover known required minerals might be better wheels to reference as a general rule however.

Thanks, I will look in to it.

Teres

There's a popular statement that few miligrams of Lithium Orotate, measured in a single digit (elemental), are equivalent of much larger dose of Lithium Carbonate. A statement I'm not entirely convinced is truthfull.

Have a look - Lithium orotate, carbonate and chloride: pharmacokinetics, polyuria in rats.

The tiny amount of Li taken may be the factor to blame for the low blood levels measured. What is the duration of supplementation also should be taken into account, because Lithium accumulates in the organs first. The lower the dosage, the more time is requred for acumulation before blood levels to rise.

Last edited:
OP
T

Trunks00

There's a popular statement that few miligrams of Lithium Orotate, measured in a single digit (elemental), are equivalent of much larger dose of Lithium Carbonate. A statement I'm not entirely convinced is truthfull.

Have a look - Lithium orotate, carbonate and chloride: pharmacokinetics, polyuria in rats.

The tiny amount of Li taken may be the factor to blame for the low blood levels measured. What is the duration of supplementation also should be taken into account, because Lithium accumulates in the organs first. The lower the dosage, the more time is requred for acumulation before blood levels to rise.
Very interesting. I have taken 5 mg of lithium orotate....I really dont understand the study very well....is this a real low dosis to rise blood lithium?....

Frankdee20

Lithium can displace Iodine from the Thyroid

Frankdee20

and what does it mean?

High doses of Lithium are anti thyroid, but I would not worry about that unless you're doing alot of it. It can be bad because we need some Iodine.

Frankdee20

It can also increase the concentration of Iodine in the gland itself, and cause hyperthyroidism, but that is not as typical as low thyroid.

ken

Sorry, I've been out and about. If you were to read through the inter action for lithium carbonate blood levels you can find plenty of discussion of inter actions with sodium. Ray Peat points out that they are in the same family of the periodic table. Interestingly the symptoms of low sodium and schizophrenia are similar.

OP
T

Trunks00

Sorry, I've been out and about. If you were to read through the inter action for lithium carbonate blood levels you can find plenty of discussion of inter actions with sodium. Ray Peat points out that they are in the same family of the periodic table. Interestingly the symptoms of low sodium and schizophrenia are similar.
Dont worry. But my blood level tests are quite different between sodium and lithium?....What does it mean?.....

Last edited:

ken

In my common sense take, there's no commonly agreed upon range for lithium except as a mood stabilizer in psychiatry. Without looking it up I think that is the range they are quoting, which is very near toxic. Over the counter lithium products have very low levels of elemental lithium. And the amounts ingested are small compared to its Drug counterpart. The counter spin by the supplement world is that they are more bio-available.

OP
T

Trunks00

In my common sense take, there's no commonly agreed upon range for lithium except as a mood stabilizer in psychiatry. Without looking it up I think that is the range they are quoting, which is very near toxic. Over the counter lithium products have very low levels of elemental lithium. And the amounts ingested are small compared to its Drug counterpart. The counter spin by the supplement world is that they are more bio-available.
Then, acording to you, it doesnt matter if the lithium is so low as in my blood tests?.... I have anxiety and thought maybe it was because of this....

ken

According to me, you would have to take a lot of over the counter lithium to raise your blood levels. Ray argues that what many treatments have in common is raising body temperature to make people more comfortable.

OP
T

Trunks00

Thank you.
Anyone else?....

About the folic acid accumulation?....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals