Strong Heart palpitations on Tiromel

ursidae

I got some Abdi Ibrahim Tiromel 25mcg and started taking it yesterday to see how it would affect my stomach acid production. Split the tablet into 16 bits and took 12 of them yesterday spread out throughout the day. in other words took 18.75 mcg. No change in terms of stomach acid or the feeling coldness but fatigue was lifted for a bit, confidence, mood and motivation improved. I took even less today (10) or 15 mcg and started having strong palpitations by the third one. What could this be a sign of and should I be staying away from this stuff?

AntiPUFA

Tiromel increases my heart rate too. But I can't say it feels like 'palpitation'.

mrchibbs

You probably just need to take more magnesium when you take this.

OP
U

ursidae

How much? I’m eating leaves, and taking magnesium chloride. I also supplement calcium

lampofred

Is that T3 only? RP said T3 only caused heart palpitations for him until he added T4.

OP
U

ursidae

yeah this is currently the only thing I can obtain here without prescription, took it just to see how I react digestion wise. The main difference is how much better I felt mentally. I also get better mental health from progesterone

mrchibbs

Exogenous thyroid hormone (T3) increases your need for magnesium, as it increases magnesium absorption and use in the tissues. It can exacerbate a deficiency, and this has been known to be associated with neuromuscular excitation, muscle contractions, and heart symptoms are common.

Just get a good source of supplement and take more of it daily and see if that solves it, I suspect it will.

I take transdermal magnesium/epsom baths and also magnesium bicarbonate (made with magnesium hydroxide and carbonated water).

OP
U

ursidae

Okay so this didn’t make a difference for the problem I tested it for (Hypochlorhydria), but I did notice that my moderate to sometimes severe fatigue, brain fog, lack of motivation and willpower completely disappear when I take as little as 5 mcg per day. I have been taking this tiny amount on and off and this mental shift only happens on the days that I do take it. Other things that happen: I get insomnia, my joint pain that I haven’t had for a long time comes back. I don’t mind these things considering the mental benefits but I’m gonna have to quit for now as I likely continue to have a deficiency of thiamine and maybe multiple other things. Inadequate stomach acid also makes it difficult to absorb calcium and magnesium and this will increase my demands even more
And I’m going to be getting thyroid tests in two days

OP
U

ursidae

I got tests done, I still have high cortisol and prolactin, TSH is higher than before, T4 is lower.

Attachments

• 21560B69-78AD-4116-9A78-405892F55D57.jpeg
    21560B69-78AD-4116-9A78-405892F55D57.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 57

mrchibbs

I think those FT3 and FT4 numbers are encouraging.

But of course, you're not going to feel good with those prolactin and cortisol numbers (and TSH above 1.0).

If I remember well from our previous discussions, you tried oysters, right? Maybe it's time to add extra zinc gluconate for a time, as that will help suppress the prolactin levels:

Combined with b6 will potentiate those effects:

b6 should also help with the high cortisol:

I would continue with some extra T3 in small 2-3mcg doses throughout the day, with food. That should help get the TSH below 1.0

If you feel like magnesium/calcium absorbption is a problem, use a transdermal magnesium product (I like Natural Calm brand). Baths with epsom salts are also relaxing and provide a good amount of magnesium but you have to be careful and bring a sugary drink (like sweetened milk) with you when you bathe (say before bed), Ray's quote from his latest newsletter is interesting:

These interactions help to understand the benefits and dangers of a warm bath or a sauna. At bedtime, a mild warm bath can compensate for low internal heat production, increasing the metabolic rate and helping to increase glycogen stores and increase progesterone level, making deep restorative sleep possible. But if the bath is too warm or too prolonged, or if estrogen’s influence is too great, the increased metabolic rate can intensify the inefficient metabolism further depleting energy stores, and leading to higher stress hormones. Having extra carbohydrate before and during the warm bath improves its therapeutic function, and decreases the risk of heat shock.

- Ray Peat (Cumulative damage, degeneration, & aging -- possibilities of reversal, January 2021)

Also, making sure your vitamin D (25(OH)) is at the right level is important as that influences everything.

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I have neuralgia and neuropathy, is it risky is it to take high doses of p5p? I'd like to take tyrosine and pehnylalanine too for my prolactin. Even though digestion is improved, my cognition/mental clarity make me think I must not be fermenting fibre into SCFAs and the relevant neurotransmitters aren't being produced. My low stomach acid still hasnt budged no matter how many supplements I take for it. Taken multiple grams of salt, histidine hcl, betaine hcl, niacin, zinc gluconate, zinc carnosine, thiamine hcl and even T3... nothing is working. It's making me think maybe I have SIBO and need to take care of that. Rifaximin is available where I live but there's talk, iron oxides and other bad things in the tablet

I was told by a doctor my cortisol is high due to high insulin. When I consistently work out it's lower on tests but it's still destructively high. And I just found out I was prescribed a corticosteroid nasal spray for rhinitis in 2019 that I used for the 7 months leading up to the beginning of my health/hormonal problems...And I used it in the evening. Now I know why it took me 3 hours to fall asleep during that period. 2019 is a long time ago, but 7 months is a lot, could this have permanently disturbed my hormonal balance?I know that I struggled with wakefulness in the mornings my entire life (normal cortisol?) and ever since 2019 I have been alert and wide awake every morning

Last edited:

Vileplume

When you tried the tiromel, did you ever use it according to Paul Robinson’s circadian T3 method (CT3M)? It has a track record of helping people use T3 to regain normal cortisol production patterns.

OP
U

ursidae

When you tried the tiromel, did you ever use it according to Paul Robinson’s circadian T3 method (CT3M)? It has a track record of helping people use T3 to regain normal cortisol production patterns.
I've seen it mentioned but don't know what it is, it's likely I have not tried it.

One more question, is it safe to do things like cardio when taking T3?

Niacinamide
pyroset
taurine

these fixed this for a family member who experienced palpitations from ndt

i think palpitations are from poor NAD to NADH ratio.

boris

I tried to make tiromel work for about a year without success. It gives me very strong prostate pain, which makes me think it's not a clean supplement. Using Tyromix causes no problems at all.

OP
U

ursidae

Niacinamide
pyroset
taurine

these fixed this for a family member who experienced palpitations from ndt

i think palpitations are from poor NAD to NADH ratio.
Thanks for this information
How much iodine do you take while supplementing T3?

boris

I tried to make tiromel work for about a year without success. It gives me very strong prostate pain, which makes me think it's not a clean supplement. Using Tyromix causes no problems at all.

I got back to TIROMEL the past few months, and: it works fine. Something else must have caused the bad reactions.

Good alternative to Cynomel for people in Europe/Asia

wayney

Is Tiromel the best option for people living in Europe?

Been trying to get Cynoplus and Cynomel from Mexico but the customs send the package back.

So far I have only tried T3/T4 from IdeaLabs and from one underground shop, but no effect.
Want to get access to some products that I know is potent.

Thanks!