Strong headaches/migranes, what to do when nothing works, what to use?

Filosofy

What to use when is a emergency and you already tried aspirin, coffee and other things more "peat", and nothing works, and you cannot use NSAID because is bad for you, what others meds or drugs you can try to find instant relief?

Stretch. Look up upper back stretches. One is hands clasped behind the head, gently pressing the head forward as you pull your elbows back slowly and softly, and tensing your stomach. Hold for a minute or two.

Cold water on the face throughout the day will lower heat from the head. Try eating cooling foods like cucumbers or fruit juices. Anything that dilates blood vessels should theoretically help, though some say it worsens their migraines. Magnesium and calcium are of course pivotal. Often a really hard water will eliminate a headache. Actually, all cool water may.

Avoid staring at screens as this tenses the eyes and nervous system. You can also relieve eye strain by putting your hands on your eyes and holding for a while.

TurboTime

Late to this thread, but it helpful, I have been able to largely control / minimize migraines with the following steps:

1) I take no painkillers unless I truly cannot go on without them (i.e., have an event I have to go to). I understand some people may not be able to do this it and perhaps the pain is worse for some people, but once you learn to manage through the pain it becomes more bearable in the long term. Painkillers have been shown to cause rebound symptoms, so I think it is very likely a factor in improving long term.

2) Drink a bottle / glass of Coke (ideally Mexican coke but regular works, too. NOT diet version.). Over ice if possible.

3) Eat some salty potato chips (I try to get the olive oil version and add extra salt, but any type of salty chip (even with PUFA oil) will help for a migraine. I have also seen suggestions to eat a salty carrot salad - very likely could work as well.

4) Drink a LOT of water (several glasses)

5) Sleep - the above steps will help a lot and usually make it go away or reduce enough to get through, but sleeping it off overnight works almost every time. Naps don’t help as much.

6) long term - figure out your triggers. One of my worst triggers, oddly, is beans. One serving is fine but several servings over the course of a week lead to migraines. Drinking wine on an empty stomach (even 5 minutes before the meal begins) or when stressed is another. So is dehydration or too much sun or stress. It differs for everyone so figure out your personal triggers by tracking in a diary etc.

This corresponds very well with my fluoride theory in the post above yours. The cures being almost the same, salt and water to help carry the fluoride/halogens out. And your triggers are known potential sources of fluoride. Particularly the wine and particularly wine from California can have tons of fluoride pesticide used on the grapes. Beans are often fumigated with another fluoride based pesticide for storage.

>As a result of fluoride pesticide use, some food products–particularly grape products, dried fruit, dried beans, cocoa powder, and walnuts–have high levels of fluoride.

cucumbers or fruit juices. Anything that dilates blood vessels should theoretically help, though some say it worsens their migraines. Magnesium and calcium are of course pivotal. Often a really hard water will eliminate a headache.
Same remedies that work according to the fluoride theory. Salt, magnesium, calcium (I wonder if this displaces Fluoride from bones for some people making things worse in the short term), water. Obviously you want water that isn't fluoridated. In my own test of similar headache+ nausea situations in the last year the difference in recovery time was about 3 times faster by using distilled water with salt, mg, and sugar vs the time previously with fluoridated tap water and staminade powder (glucose, citric acid, sodium potassium)

Last edited:

DDRB

It's not very politically correct on this forum, but I had a lot of headaches when I was young and they immediately and completely disappeared after I significantly reduced saturated fat from my diet and replaced it with MUFA /PUFA in the form of olive oil, nuts, peanut butter, fish etc.

When I wanted to eat more "peaty" for a few weeks on just 20-30g of saturated fat a day, mostly in the form of dairy fat coconut oil, my headaches returned!
I had almost forgotten this feeling of sticking my head against a cushion and desperately massaging my skull hoping that it would pass.
Never again...

OP
Marine

Marine

Thanks everyone to trying help me, i am using some tips and finally find some relief!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals