Strong Endotoxin Symptoms Despite Eating Clean And Peaty

BearWithMe

I have symptoms of endotoxin overload despite eating zero fermentable carbs (or complex carbs at all). My diet consists of strained orange juice, plenty of low lactose milk products (cheese, curd, some fresh raw milk), mexican cola, eggs and occasional meat.

Pharmaceutical antibiotics doesn't help, natural antibiotics doesn't help, carrot salad doesn't help, prokinetics doesn't help, the only thing that helps for a while is when I eat something bad and get diarrhea (sorry).

It is actually getting worse over time and I'm getting desperate.

Is there anything else I could try to stop the body from producing endotoxin?

Have you tried Haidut's Idealabs formula CamphoSal? I used it recently and it helped me. I took it for 2 weeks and it really improved my endotoxin symptoms. It would completely depend on what is causing it but could be worth a try. I was getting to the point where literally everything I ate bothered me. It is not a cure by any means but it did lessen my symptoms.

If you are not digesting protein properly (e.g. because you don't produce much stomach acid), the remnants could be feeding bacteria. Have you experimented with salt, vinegar, or other things that stimulate digestive secretions? Is it possible you're deficient in vitamin B3? Charlie posted an article suggesting that B3 deficiency can cause under-production of stomach acid.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Have you tried Haidut's Idealabs formula CamphoSal? I used it recently and it helped me. I took it for 2 weeks and it really improved my endotoxin symptoms. It would completely depend on what is causing it but could be worth a try. I was getting to the point where literally everything I ate bothered me. It is not a cure by any means but it did lessen my symptoms.
I'm tempted to try CamphoSal for a while, thanks for great review! Did you took it orally? What dose have you used?

Endotoxin probably messed up my liver (have elevated liver enzymes), would it be safe to use CamphoSal, haidut?

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

If you are not digesting protein properly (e.g. because you don't produce much stomach acid), the remnants could be feeding bacteria. Have you experimented with salt, vinegar, or other things that stimulate digestive secretions? Is it possible you're deficient in vitamin B3? Charlie posted an article suggesting that B3 deficiency can cause under-production of stomach acid.
Did not think of that, but this is actually very possible, I'm eating a lot of protein (150g a day+) and have some other symptoms of hypochloremia (nutritional deficiencies despite high intake of these particular nutrients).

Have tried raising my stomach acid in the past with mixed results, but I should definitely try again.

Thank you for your message, this really helped me to connect some dots!

I'm tempted to try CamphoSal for a while, thanks for great review! Did you took it orally? What dose have you used?

Endotoxin probably messed up my liver (have elevated liver enzymes), would it be safe to use CamphoSal, haidut?

I eased into the dose but by day 3 I was taking the full dose and did so for the rest of 2 weeks. I took it between lunch and dinner without food and I put the drops in a tablespoon or so of simple syrup and drank it.

I have taken it again a couple times when I felt like my digestion was getting wonky again and it helped.

laleto12

It's getting worse for me either. I am so bloated all the time. Do not know what to do :(

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I eased into the dose but by day 3 I was taking the full dose and did so for the rest of 2 weeks. I took it between lunch and dinner without food and I put the drops in a tablespoon or so of simple syrup and drank it.

I have taken it again a couple times when I felt like my digestion was getting wonky again and it helped.
Awesome, thank you very much!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

It's getting worse for me either. I am so bloated all the time. Do not know what to do :(
Yes, the bloating makes it hard to get enough calories, which further makes the digestion slower and worse. It is really a vicious cycle

laleto12

Yes, the bloating makes it hard to get enough calories, which further makes the digestion slower and worse. It is really a vicious cycle
Exactly! I am kinda sick of that "there is something in my belly that won't go away" all the time. I've been like this for a considerable amount of time though, before peat inspired diet as well. I really want to try antibiotics. maybe rifaximin but i have to get it prescribed first smh

Gone Peating

I think we can easily forget about certain herbs and spices like ginger and garlic and onion that help digestion when hardcore peating

Endotoxin decreases when loading up on saturated fats.

Your gut biome will fix itself within ~5 days of sticking to a solid carnivore diet. Don’t drink calories besides water for now, milk later.

postman

maybe you're reacting badly to the commercial juice products, they seem to cause a lot of bad reactions for many people

stackz07

maybe you're reacting badly to the commercial juice products, they seem to cause a lot of bad reactions for many people

I think this is becoming more apparent for me as well. Whole Foods OJ I believe is the culprit, I'm going off it today, will report back in a few weeks.

OP - have you tried Lidocaine yet?

gaze

maybe try ncrease salt intake by a lot. even if that means eating way more starch to add salt to. That helped me a lot personally

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have symptoms of endotoxin overload despite eating zero fermentable carbs (or complex carbs at all). My diet consists of strained orange juice, plenty of low lactose milk products (cheese, curd, some fresh raw milk), mexican cola, eggs and occasional meat.

Pharmaceutical antibiotics doesn't help, natural antibiotics doesn't help, carrot salad doesn't help, prokinetics doesn't help, the only thing that helps for a while is when I eat something bad and get diarrhea (sorry).

What symptoms do you get exactly?
If it's mostly bloating then you might not have enough stomach acid or digestive enzymes. Are you drinking the OJ with the protein? Seperating them could be a good experiment as the juice would dilute stomach acid and cause indigestion. Perhaps your body is struggling with curds. Do you react the same way too all types of protein?

Lastly, if you have a leaky gut anything could cause endotoxin symptoms

dreamcatcher

Did not think of that, but this is actually very possible, I'm eating a lot of protein (150g a day+) and have some other symptoms of hypochloremia (nutritional deficiencies despite high intake of these particular nutrients).

Have tried raising my stomach acid in the past with mixed results, but I should definitely try again.

Thank you for your message, this really helped me to connect some dots!
The acv should help. You could try a TBS in water a few times daily. Have you measured your urine pH? If it's lower than 7, lemon juice could help to normalise it.
Your diet seems very restrictive. Ray Peat talks about using green broth every other day for extra minerals.
Diarrhea is also a B12 deficiency symptom and B12 helps the immune system. But this might not be related at all.

Last edited:
I think this is becoming more apparent for me as well. Whole Foods OJ I believe is the culprit, I'm going off it today, will report back in a few weeks.

OP - have you tried Lidocaine yet?

Any fruit juice is going to pass by the stomach and liver way too quick and go down to ferment in the gut and feed bad bacteria.

same goes for any liquid food that isn’t milk or water. Protein shakes have been shown to disrupt the biome in a bad way.

Drinking calories is probably among the worst behaviors that this convenience driven society has issued. Prep your meals folks, or sip on milk/water through the day and eat once a day for dinner.

Vins7

What symptoms do you get exactly?
If it's mostly bloating then you might not have enough stomach acid or digestive enzymes. Are you drinking the OJ with the protein? Seperating them could be a good experiment as the juice would dilute stomach acid and cause indigestion. Perhaps your body is struggling with curds. Do you react the same way too all types of protein?

Lastly, if you have a leaky gut anything could cause endotoxin symptoms

So, what is the way to fix a leaky gut?

dreamcatcher

Any fruit juice is going to pass by the stomach and liver way too quick and go down to ferment in the gut and feed bad bacteria.

same goes for any liquid food that isn’t milk or water. Protein shakes have been shown to disrupt the biome in a bad way.

Drinking calories is probably among the worst behaviors that this convenience driven society has issued. Prep your meals folks, or sip on milk/water through the day and eat once a day for dinner.
This is very true.