StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

milk_lover

Also extremely horny, it must be converting to DHEA since the voice got deeper right away. Skin gets thicker/oilier. No headaches as I take it with sugar
Nice! Maybe the route is the most important factor in the downstream hormone conversion from pregnenolone. I will try to give pregnenolone another go.

Frankdee20

Nice! Maybe the route is the most important factor in the downstream hormone conversion from pregnenolone. I will try to give pregnenolone another go.

Don't they also claim micronized vs non-micronized effects conversion? Or is that really not as important as route ?

milk_lover

Don't they also claim micronized vs non-micronized effects conversion? Or is that really not as important as route ?
I was taking MRM pregnenolone for a long time and on the bottle it says micronized. That's all I know about these words and pregnenolone :)

Frankdee20

I was taking MRM pregnenolone for a long time and on the bottle it says micronized. That's all I know about these words and pregnenolone :)

How'd you like the MRM ? I'm taking the Pure Encapsulations 10 mg capsules

milk_lover

How'd you like the MRM ? I'm taking the Pure Encapsulations 10 mg capsules
MRM was nice in opposing estrogen when I was experimenting with GNC DHEA capsules. It helped me when I ate food that increases serotonin. It helped me sleep better and made my mood good.. The problem with it was the too much conversion to progesterone even at low doses. When days pass with taking MRM pregnenolone frequently, I find myself lose sensation down there and sex doesn't enter my mind. Also, I think I gained weight from it although that could be from overeating and taking many supplements with questionable ingredients at the same time. But it was a good supplement overall. It contained rice flour at the time, and I think they have changed their formula now by adding microcrystalline.

Frankdee20

Picked up Douglas Labs 5mg Pregnenalone sublingual tabs while in FL. Unfortunately, the giant bottle of Pure Encapsulations 10mg capsules I left in NY. I’d like to report any differences noticed with each. Took 1 yesterday and noticed nothing. This isn’t a bad thing though. Also not proof that it isn’t doing anything. Usually 5 mg oral of the Pure Encapsulations product yields effects though. We shall see.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Also extremely horny, it must be converting to DHEA since the voice got deeper right away

Is this effects from oral or topical? How often are you taking and how much?

Frankdee20

Is this effects from oral or topical? How often are you taking and how much?

So I’ve never used topical. I’ve used oral 5mg -10 mg of the Pure Encapsulations brand. More often than not, got DHEA voice deepening effects. I’ve taken DHEA years ago, so I kind of see similarities.

Started the Douglas Labs 5mg, They’re sublingual tablets, but I’m swallowing them whole. I took 10 mg today and get really relaxed from it. I’m going to use it under the tongue and see how different the effects are.

I think both of these brands are from reputable manufacturers, and high quality. Still can’t say how they differ in effect at the same dosages, orally. I think I need more time to elapse with this experimentation.

I’ll keep posting here, but I’m glad to report toleration to these doses without headaches or anxiety. I remember when I tried Pregnenalone for three days when I first began, and got so discouraged from the stimulating effects.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

MRM was nice in opposing estrogen when I was experimenting with GNC DHEA capsules. It helped me when I ate food that increases serotonin. It helped me sleep better and made my mood good.. The problem with it was the too much conversion to progesterone even at low doses. When days pass with taking MRM pregnenolone frequently, I find myself lose sensation down there and sex doesn't enter my mind. Also, I think I gained weight from it although that could be from overeating and taking many supplements with questionable ingredients at the same time. But it was a good supplement overall. It contained rice flour at the time, and I think they have changed their formula now by adding microcrystalline.

Yeah, took the 10mg today and wanted to go to bed. This has to be a progesterone Effect right ? It’s funny too, I had very low cigarette intake. Also seems like I don’t care to drink much alcohol either.

Frankdee20

Okay, I feel out of my mind on this Pregnenalone stuff. Took 10 mg today, under the tongue, and 5 at dinner orally. There must be a cumulative effect, began 5 days ago. Never exceeded 15 mg in any route. I’m super anxious now, it’s intense. Only had 3 cups of coffee, but 100 cups of that don’t have as profound an effect as this stuff. I’m circling my room, too listless, almost feels like akathisia from SSRI. Never again, I keep looking for a different result from the same behavior, I deserve it. Foolish and idiotic.

milk_lover

Okay, I feel out of my mind on this Pregnenalone stuff. Took 10 mg today, under the tongue, and 5 at dinner orally. There must be a cumulative effect, began 5 days ago. Never exceeded 15 mg in any route. I’m super anxious now, it’s intense. Only had 3 cups of coffee, but 100 cups of that don’t have as profound an effect as this stuff. I’m circling my room, too listless, almost feels like akathisia from SSRI. Never again, I keep looking for a different result from the same behavior, I deserve it. Foolish and idiotic.
Stop using it then.. Pregnenolone alone makes me lose interest in almost everything..

Dhair

what causes this response ??

I can no longer tolerate DHEA and need just pregnenolone
The low doses cause anxiety due to the NMDA agonism. Ray Peat said that most of pregnenolone's benefits are due to the progesterone conversion, which happens more significantly at higher doses. I do not understand why people are taking <50mg and expecting it to do anything therapeutic. It has NO calming effect on the HPA in low doses.
In my experience, pregnenolone is difficult to dose. I now use low dose progesterone only. I think it may always be best to use pregnenolone and low dose progesterone together.

Jsaute21

The low doses cause anxiety due to the NMDA agonism. Ray Peat said that most of pregnenolone's benefits are due to the progesterone conversion, which happens more significantly at higher doses. I do not understand why people are taking <50mg and expecting it to do anything therapeutic. It has NO calming effect on the HPA in low doses.
In my experience, pregnenolone is difficult to dose. I now use low dose progesterone only. I think it may always be best to use pregnenolone and low dose progesterone together.

The dosing of pregnenolone has been very conflicting on here. There were many posts from @haidut and others who spoke of the problematic feminizing side effects that can come from too much preg. I think like anything else, context and the individual is everything.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

The human trials with pregnenolone on depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and even autism found benefit only from doses in the 30mg - 50mg range. Actually, another schizophrenia study found benefit from 500mg daily dose as well, but most found benefit from lower doses and no benefit (and no harm either) from the 200mg+ doses.

milk_lover

what causes this response ??

I can no longer tolerate DHEA and need just pregnenolone
I think pregnenolone in low doses like what I was taking makes me lose my fun personality around friends and family. I don't know personally why it's doing that but @Dhair brought a good point. It's almost like I become a different person, anxious and tired at the same time and I don't like that. I like the effects of DHEA and progesterone much better. Even though I like progesterone almost too much, I make sure not to overdose it (around 10mg a day). When I come from work stressed mentally from looking at two big screens 8+ hours, I take extra of it.

Frankdee20

Stop using it then.. Pregnenolone alone makes me lose interest in almost everything..

Hi there, that was earlier experiences with Pregnenalone. It no longer does that, now it just makes me blah. So + 1 to your quote. Five to twenty milligrams will elicit utter numbness. There’s no great memory or cognitive enhancement effect like some websites market it. I’ve never dosed it at 40-100, so cant say what that’s like. I’ve never used it with Dhea either. I suspect 5 mg dhea with a little Progesterone May be better

Jsaute21

I think pregnenolone in low doses like what I was taking makes me lose my fun personality around friends and family. I don't know personally why it's doing that but @Dhair brought a good point. It's almost like I become a different person, anxious and tired at the same time and I don't like that. I like the effects of DHEA and progesterone much better. Even though I like progesterone almost too much, I make sure not to overdose it (around 10mg a day). When I come from work stressed mentally from looking at two big screens 8+ hours, I take extra of it.

What are the effects you feel from progesterone? I have heard so many reports on here of it being feminizing. @haidut interested in your experience as well.

milk_lover

What are the effects you feel from progesterone? I have heard so many reports on here of it being feminizing. @haidut interested in your experience as well.
I don't take it alone; I usually take it with DHEA. Plus, I make sure I don't take too much per dose (3 - 5mg). I think those two things help reduce its feminizing effects. In fact, haidut posted a study that low doses of progesterone might be androgenic.

When I take it, I see very bright colors and I get clear and peaceful mind. I smile and interact with people socially with ease and I like to go out and do some activities. I become super cooperative at work because I can handle the extra stress from the additional work. Overall, I think of it as a superb stress reduction tool.