StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

Wagner83

What is the point of changing the formulation to SFA esters if the selling point is supposed to be the 10× potentiation with DMSO? Makes the product much more expensive than basically every other pregnenelone available. I'm sure it's high quality, but it just doesn't make sense.
It makes a lot of sense, there have been a lot of discussions and reports of side effects with dmso and haidut decided to change it, although he may bring it back as an option.

Dhair

@haidut I am really concerned about how to dose this, especially since I'm pretty stressed and there seems to be no reviews of the SFA esters version of this supplement.
I do not want to be overloaded with allopreg, since this causes some pretty horrific side effects for me. In order to achieve the optimal dose for androgens synthesis, it looks like I would need about 30 mg, but Im not sure if I should take this all at once, throughout the day, topically or orally. I know it's all individual, I just don't want to make myself worse. Is there any potentiation with the SFA esters version of this product?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the point of changing the formulation to SFA esters if the selling point is supposed to be the 10× potentiation with DMSO? Makes the product much more expensive than basically every other pregnenelone available. I'm sure it's high quality, but it just doesn't make sense.

The selling point for DMSO was not only the 10x potentiation. It was also the almost 100% absorption effectiveness through the skin. That latter effect should still be present with the SFA/ethanol formulation. And we don't know if there is no potentiation, studies on this are being done right now. It might turn out there is.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I am really concerned about how to dose this, especially since I'm pretty stressed and there seems to be no reviews of the SFA esters version of this supplement.
I do not want to be overloaded with allopreg, since this causes some pretty horrific side effects for me. In order to achieve the optimal dose for androgens synthesis, it looks like I would need about 30 mg, but Im not sure if I should take this all at once, throughout the day, topically or orally. I know it's all individual, I just don't want to make myself worse. Is there any potentiation with the SFA esters version of this product?

The absorption through the skin is close to 100% and the studies I have seen were with progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA. So, pregnenolone should be pretty much the same. There are some studies being done right now about whether these SFA esters potentiate steroid effects but until they are done I cannot say either way except that it certainly it does NOT decrease steroid effectiveness as some solvents like propylene glycol are known to do.

Dhair

The absorption through the skin is close to 100% and the studies I have seen were with progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA. So, pregnenolone should be pretty much the same. There are some studies being done right now about whether these SFA esters potentiate steroid effects but until they are done I cannot say either way except that it certainly it does NOT decrease steroid effectiveness as some solvents like propylene glycol are known to do.
If the SFA esters are 60% as effective as DMSO when used topically according to your estimation, then could we conceivably achieve blood concentrations equivalent of 100mg pregnenelone when using the SFA esters version of this product? How likely is that to happen? And would it be possible for you to do blood tests to confirm it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If the SFA esters are 60% as effective as DMSO when used topically according to your estimation, then could we conceivably achieve blood concentrations equivalent of 100mg pregnenelone when using the SFA esters version of this product? How likely is that to happen? And would it be possible for you to do blood tests to confirm it?

The estimate of 60%-70% effectiveness is for functional effectiveness based on subjective evaluation when comparing the effects of both versions (DMSO and SFA). As I said before, the absorption should be equal, so blood concentrations should be the same. DMSO seems to somehow potentiate steroid effects inside the cell and whether the SFA ester does the same is not yet known.

Dhair

The estimate of 60%-70% effectiveness is for functional effectiveness based on subjective evaluation when comparing the effects of both versions (DMSO and SFA). As I said before, the absorption should be equal, so blood concentrations should be the same. DMSO seems to somehow potentiate steroid effects inside the cell and whether the SFA ester does the same is not yet known.
So Just to confirm for the sake of simplicity, would you still expect 20mg (12 drops of Stessnon) to achieve 200mg concentration in the blood?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So Just to confirm for the sake of simplicity, would you still expect 20mg (12 drops of Stessnon) to achieve 200mg concentration in the blood?

No, I would expect 20mg topical StressNon to achieve the same concentration as 200mg oral pregnenolone. The better absorption and higher equivalence discussed in the past was in regards to oral steroids, at least that was the case with pregnenolone.

Dhair

No, I would expect 20mg topical StressNon to achieve the same concentration as 200mg oral pregnenolone. The better absorption and higher equivalence discussed in the past was in regards to oral steroids, at least that was the case with pregnenolone.
Yes, sorry, I meant to say topical. So the SFA esters version and the DMSO version can both achieve the same concentration when used topically. My mistake, I thought the 10x potentiation referred specifically to topical use, not the other way around.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes, sorry, I meant to say topical. So the SFA esters version and the DMSO version can both achieve the same concentration when used topically. My mistake, I thought the 10x potentiation referred specifically to topical use, not the other way around.

Yes, the studies show a mixture of SFA ester + ethanol to match the DMSO/ethanol for topical absorption effectiveness.

Dhair

Yes, the studies show a mixture of SFA ester + ethanol to match the DMSO/ethanol for topical absorption effectiveness.
In that case, I apologize for my initial criticism regarding the change in formulation. I misunderstood.
I did try the full dose in divided doses topically over a period of a couple hours the other night. I have been suffering from insomnia lately. I did notice some good, interesting feelings, kind of a feeling of "fullness" and 3 dimensionality reminiscent of when I was healthy. When I finally crashed, I slept 9 hours. I will continue to experiment with it.
Do you think some of the depersonalization and mania that people report with other pregnenelone products is a result of the estrogenic impurities that Peat talks about? Some people have reported borderline psychotic reactions, and that's what scared me away from trying preg at first.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
In that case, I apologize for my initial criticism regarding the change in formulation. I misunderstood.
I did try the full dose in divided doses topically over a period of a couple hours the other night. I have been suffering from insomnia lately. I did notice some good, interesting feelings, kind of a feeling of "fullness" and 3 dimensionality reminiscent of when I was healthy. When I finally crashed, I slept 9 hours. I will continue to experiment with it.
Do you think some of the depersonalization and mania that people report with other pregnenelone products is a result of the estrogenic impurities that Peat talks about? Some people have reported borderline psychotic reactions, and that's what scared me away from trying preg at first.

The depersonalization could be from conversion into progesterone/allopregnanolone. Never seen any reports on pregnenolone causing mania. Do you have some links?

Dhair

The depersonalization could be from conversion into progesterone/allopregnanolone. Never seen any reports on pregnenolone causing mania. Do you have some links?
Not sure about mania specifically. Probably the wrong word to use. But words like "psychotic" and the depersonalization are what some others on this forum have described. In fact, if you search for pregnenelone, most people seem to have an overwhelmingly negative reaction to it, which is what led me to believe Peat was using a different product altogether when he was taking grams of the stuff years ago.

Very powerful compared to oral, notice effects rather immediately.

Working outside mowing grass am sometimes fatigued and can barely function due to metabolism being low as well. Sometimes very weak feeling when trying to move mower boxes full of grass etc.

However when taking one drop pregnenolone topical, I notice a feeling of strength, and almost like muscle hardness, pretty interesting, as I am usually on autopilot at work and just going through the motions, I will notice that this feeling wasn't there before.

Brain activity soars on pregnenolone as well as androsterone and I love this, I notice all I want to do is expand my mind by watching lectures or learning something new, I just want to devour knowledge.

One drop usually does the trick for my system and have to space out between days as too much can cause palms to get sweaty and also stress like reaction. My pregnenolone was also a little high on previous tests.

I also can become very animated on this substance and full of life :D.

Sleep quality increases and becomes much deeper and refreshing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Working outside mowing grass am sometimes fatigued and can barely function due to metabolism being low as well. Sometimes very weak feeling when trying to move mower boxes full of grass etc.

However when taking one drop pregnenolone topical, I notice a feeling of strength, and almost like muscle hardness, pretty interesting, as I am usually on autopilot at work and just going through the motions, I will notice that this feeling wasn't there before.

Brain activity soars on pregnenolone as well as androsterone and I love this, I notice all I want to do is expand my mind by watching lectures or learning something new, I just want to devour knowledge.

One drop usually does the trick for my system and have to space out between days as too much can cause palms to get sweaty and also stress like reaction. My pregnenolone was also a little high on previous tests.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! In lower doses pregnenolone probably goes down the DHEA route quite a bit so it seems to have androgenic effects, which explains the muscle hardness. But this is the first time I am hearing about such great effects from even 1 drop topically! Great news all around!

milk_lover

Where do you apply the one drop topically? wrists, neck, feet etc.,

Frankdee20

Anyone know likelihood of sublingual Pregnenalone conversions ? Never tried topical, but I pour open capsule under my tongue.

milk_lover

Anyone know likelihood of sublingual Pregnenalone conversions ? Never tried topical, but I pour open capsule under my tongue.
I heard sublingual is similar to topical but not sure. What do you feel when you do that? Do you get anxiety?

Frankdee20

I heard sublingual is similar to topical but not sure. What do you feel when you do that? Do you get anxiety?

Well, I've recently began introducing Pregnenalone again. Initially, off the bat, I'd take 10mg oral. It created too much stress feelings/headaches, only used for 3 days. So started slowly in applesauce, then under tongue. Got nice calm but alert feelings, voice deepening, no anxiety.

Frankdee20

Also extremely horny, it must be converting to DHEA since the voice got deeper right away. Skin gets thicker/oilier. No headaches as I take it with sugar