StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

Dagwood

Hi Haidut. I'm having trouble deciding what to get. I'm pretty sure about getting Estroban and perhaps Energin, however, I'm having trouble deciding between Stressnon (pregnenolone) and Pansterone (pregnenolone and DHEA). Since pregnenolone can convert into DHEA I wonder if it could be redundant to get Pansterone. In addition, I believe Ray Peat said that excess DHEA would convert into estrogen, whereas excess pregnenolone would have no effect. Is there any chance that the pregnenolone wouldn't be able to convert into DHEA? I believe I probably could use some DHEA but I don't want to take too much and I'm not sure it would be necessary if some of the pregnenolone will convert into it. Furthermore, it might be possible that I need more pregnenolone than DHEA but if they came in a mixture I might have to take too little pregnenolone for fear of taking too much DHEA. I'm mostly trying to get rid of my premature grey hair which I know is silly but it's important to me lol. I read that Ray said DHEA could help with grey hair (whether topically or orally I don't remember). Oh, I'm a male by the way. Anyway, can you help me sort this out? Should I just get the Stressnon and forget about the Pansterone? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut. I'm having trouble deciding what to get. I'm pretty sure about getting Estroban and perhaps Energin, however, I'm having trouble deciding between Stressnon (pregnenolone) and Pansterone (pregnenolone and DHEA). Since pregnenolone can convert into DHEA I wonder if it could be redundant to get Pansterone. In addition, I believe Ray Peat said that excess DHEA would convert into estrogen, whereas excess pregnenolone would have no effect. Is there any chance that the pregnenolone wouldn't be able to convert into DHEA? I believe I probably could use some DHEA but I don't want to take too much and I'm not sure it would be necessary if some of the pregnenolone will convert into it. Furthermore, it might be possible that I need more pregnenolone than DHEA but if they came in a mixture I might have to take too little pregnenolone for fear of taking too much DHEA. I'm mostly trying to get rid of my premature grey hair which I know is silly but it's important to me lol. I read that Ray said DHEA could help with grey hair (whether topically or orally I don't remember). Oh, I'm a male by the way. Anyway, can you help me sort this out? Should I just get the Stressnon and forget about the Pansterone? Thanks.

I think for males, Pansterone would be more appropriate since it tends to have both an anti-stress and androgenic effect. If you stick to 1 dose or less of Pansterone daily, the 5mg of DHEA that provides is highly unlikely to convert into estrogen. And many people using Pansterone find that they get best effects from taking even less daily. Given that the supplement is liquid you can control how much DHEA you get but if you stay under 5mg per dose you should be safe. StressNon is more or less a neutral supplement and can be used in pretty much any dose by both sexes.
I hope that answers your questions.

jaa

I couldn't find a Stressnon thread, so I decided to post this here since the products are similar?

A 4-5mo old Stressnon bottle I have that's almost emptied has a weird solid crystal formation inside it. Is this from a reaction between ingredients? Can I safely consume it. The air temperature in my home is usually 10-15C.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I couldn't find a Stressnon thread, so I decided to post this here since the products are similar?

A 4-5mo old Stressnon bottle I have that's almost emptied has a weird solid crystal formation inside it. Is this from a reaction between ingredients? Can I safely consume it. The air temperature in my home is usually 10-15C.

It's just the pregnenolone that has crystalized. Pregnenolone is not very soluble in any solvent really and even in DMSO. So, at lower temps it may crystalize. You can put the bottle in a warmer environment where the temps are 20C degrees, wait for the bottle to warm up and them just shake it. Even if the liquid is still cloudy it will still absorb.

jaa

It's just the pregnenolone that has crystalized. Pregnenolone is not very soluble in any solvent really and even in DMSO. So, at lower temps it may crystalize. You can put the bottle in a warmer environment where the temps are 20C degrees, wait for the bottle to warm up and them just shake it. Even if the liquid is still cloudy it will still absorb.

Thanks!

firebreather

Haidut, Am I reading the label wrong on the bottle?

The post says that one serving contains 100mg of pregnenolone per serving and 100IU - 200IU of vitamin E.

But the bottle says that one serving contains just 20mg of pregnenolone and nothing about vitamin E.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, Am I reading the label wrong on the bottle?

The post says that one serving contains 100mg of pregnenolone per serving and 100IU - 200IU of vitamin E.

But the bottle says that one serving contains just 20mg of pregnenolone and nothing about vitamin E.

The supplement changed. The original one had 100mg pregnenolone per dose and it was dissolved in olive oil and tocopherol. But it did not dissolve well and was clogging the bottle. After doing research on DMSO and how effective it is in increasing steroid absorption, we changed it to DMSO and 20mg pregnenolone per dose. The studied show that transdermal route of applying steroids dissolved in DMSO is equivalent to about 10 times higher dose oral.
Enhanced Bioavailability And Tissue Effects Of Steroids Dissolved In Dmso
DMSO makes transdermal steroid absorption close to 100%

Thanks for bringing it up, I need to change the original post.

firebreather

The supplement changed. The original one had 100mg pregnenolone per dose and it was dissolved in olive oil and tocopherol. But it did not dissolve well and was clogging the bottle. After doing research on DMSO and how effective it is in increasing steroid absorption, we changed it to DMSO and 20mg pregnenolone per dose. The studied show that transdermal route of applying steroids dissolved in DMSO is equivalent to about 10 times higher dose oral.
Enhanced Bioavailability And Tissue Effects Of Steroids Dissolved In Dmso
DMSO makes transdermal steroid absorption close to 100%

Thanks for bringing it up, I need to change the original post.

Ok great. Thank you for clarifying

Kennya

Haidut what's the overall consensus on dosing the Stressnon so far? Is most everyone doing 1 or 2 drops per day or dose like Pansterone and Tyromax, because of the DMSO potentiation?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut what's the overall consensus on dosing the Stressnon so far? Is most everyone doing 1 or 2 drops per day or dose like Pansterone and Tyromax, because of the DMSO potentiation?

I don't know what the consensus is since there is really no established optimal dose for everybody. But the equivalence should be roughly 1 : 10, so 10mg topical StressNon should be equivalent to 100mg oral pregnenolone.
[Edited to show ratio instead of smiley - tara]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to post this for everybody using or thinking of ordering StressNon.
We are now using an odor-free DMSO as a solvent for the steroids and this type of DMSO also seems dramatically lower the incidence of skin irritation as well.

Sheila

Haidut,
Thank you for all your hard work and sharing your knowledge, suggestions, ideas so freely, it is much appreciated.
I know a 14 yo, pre-puberty boy with brain damage and slow metabolism whom Dr Peat has suggested try pregnenolone and thyroid. I am fairly familiar now with results and combinations of such approaches, how to monitor etc.
However, i am not sure whether StressNon or Pansterone would be best to start with, do you have a preference? Risk remains with me, merely please if you have a view.
Many thanks
Sheila

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,
Thank you for all your hard work and sharing your knowledge, suggestions, ideas so freely, it is much appreciated.
I know a 14 yo, pre-puberty boy with brain damage and slow metabolism whom Dr Peat has suggested try pregnenolone and thyroid. I am fairly familiar now with results and combinations of such approaches, how to monitor etc.
However, i am not sure whether StressNon or Pansterone would be best to start with, do you have a preference? Risk remains with me, merely please if you have a view.
Many thanks
Sheila

Probably a higher dose oral pregnenolone, maybe 100mg daily, combined with topical Pansterone in doses of no more than 8 drops daily. At least that's what I would try.

Makrosky

Dear Haidut
Many thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.
Sheila
Make sure the boy is well fed (lots of carbs) and watch out for possible conversion of pregnenolone to stress hormones. In my personal experience if I take PREG when I'm angry/stressed/serotonergic it can easily convert to more stress hormones. If I take it when I'm ok and relaxed or some hours before I know some stress is gonna hit me, then it does all the good that plus it lasts to the next day. Also, sometimes PREG can give irritability (some had hypothesized it's because allopregnenolone) and I found it depends a lot on the dosage and the beforementioned stuff. So watch out for this kind of things. My personal experience, strictly. Good luck!

Last edited:

T-3

I just ordered from idealabs. FYI, it took quite some searching to find a link to the online store. For example searching "buy pansterone" on this site does not produce a direct link to the store. Looking forward to trying out these terrific looking products, thanks!
Re: Custom supplement - "Pregnenolone in vitamin E w/ olive

AFAIK there is a range of prices by weight. For $7 we can send 1-4 bottles, and then I think the next range is $9 and that should be enough for 5-8 bottles, etc. However, for everybody's convenience I have made the shipping rate flat so the charge is $7 even if one orders 10 bottles. The difference in cost is not that much to justify me fighting with the complexity of setting up multiple shipping options in PayPal, which is not an easy task.
So, fee free to order as many as you want and the shipping will still be $7.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just ordered from idealabs. FYI, it took quite some searching to find a link to the online store. For example searching "buy pansterone" on this site does not produce a direct link to the store. Looking forward to trying out these terrific looking products, thanks!

The link to the store is in my signature and thus in every single one of my posts. Googling "buy pansterone" should get you to the right place as well. The forum is not just a venue for my supplements, and I would not expect it to be completely focused on making it too easy to find my supplements :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals