Stress & Weight Gain, Estrogen & Endotoxins W/ Georgi Dinkov

tankasnowgod

I agree. In my opinion, I do not think people should waste their and other peoples time trying to be a podcaster when they lack the basic ability or care to get the essentials like audio set up correctly first. And especially with the cheap mics and audio equipment available which offers very good audio, there really should be no excuse for people to still offer bad quality podcasts/audio. If they tested the audio beforehand then this would be prevented as well, for the most part. You'd expect these things would be common sense by now. It's like attempting to sell concert tickets to your concert as a professional pianist while not being an actual professional pianist or knowing how to play. Very infuriating.

Here's the thing.... she DOES have good audio. She has been uploading videos for some time now, and if you go back and take even a cursory look at her videos, she has great quality. Now, having a discussion with a phone caller..... different story. I don't think she's done too many of those, doesn't appear any before Ray Peat and Georgi. And that's really tricky. Most people are used to "radio quality" when having interviews with phoners, but most don't realize the equipment that radio stations have to make the phone caller and in studio host both sound good. That sort of equipment isn't available to your average podcaster, not at low expense at any rate.

So it's really not a shock that the first two interviews she did over the phone didn't sound top notch. As someone who used to do some podcasts myself (never with phoners), I know the audio quality improved dramatically as the months went on. It's a lot easier to get great quality with something like Skype, which she appears to have done in her second interview with haidut.

It's clear that Jodelle does put both time and money into the audio (and video)quality. You are basically criticizing her for not having the knowledge and equipment of radio engineers on the first two phoner interviews she ever did.

Lee Simeon

Thank you both for this.

Just one correction:

1:05:05 - "There is no one person that is an expert on aspirin."

Jodelle, if you're reading, you should invite @DaveFoster to your podcast. I don't know if you're a forum member, but if not, you can contact him through [email protected]. The guy is writing a comprehensive book on aspirin that should be out any time; I'm sure he'll have some original stuff to share. This is not a guru reveal, it can be another audio interview.
Would love this as well!

Waremu

Here's the thing.... she DOES have good audio. She has been uploading videos for some time now, and if you go back and take even a cursory look at her videos, she has great quality. Now, having a discussion with a phone caller..... different story. I don't think she's done too many of those, doesn't appear any before Ray Peat and Georgi. And that's really tricky. Most people are used to "radio quality" when having interviews with phoners, but most don't realize the equipment that radio stations have to make the phone caller and in studio host both sound good. That sort of equipment isn't available to your average podcaster, not at low expense at any rate.

If I go back? I just did, and there are other interviews with horrible audio. So clearly you should have gone back and checked before telling me to go back and check. And no, there are interviews that are not done over the phone that have horrible audio as well. In fact, in one of her videos, she is using a mic that isn't set up correctly as you can tell because that type of mic I have used and it only sounds like that if you don't have it set up properly:

The reverb, static, and overall noise on the audio is HORRIBLE and you can clearly hear it if you have it turned up to any decent level. And there are more videos. One other video has NONSTOP background noise. Are you going to make an excuse for that too? The quality improved as months went on you say? What are you smoking? These videos ARE her later videos.

So it's really not a shock that the first two interviews she did over the phone didn't sound top notch. As someone who used to do some podcasts myself (never with phoners), I know the audio quality improved dramatically as the months went on. It's a lot easier to get great quality with something like Skype, which she appears to have done in her second interview with haidut.
It's clear that Jodelle does put both time and money into the audio (and video)quality. You are basically criticizing her for not having the knowledge and equipment of radio engineers on the first two phoner interviews she ever did.

Thats a load of rubbish. You do not have to have very expensive sound gear to put up decent quality audio and the fact that you think that probably shows you weren't very good at it yourself, as thats a nonsensical statement. I am criticizing her for putting up poor quality audio interviews. Much of this could have been avoided or diminished by a test run to see how it sounds. Many free/cheap things you can do to make it come out better. If it is clear to you that she put time in to deliver quality audio, then your standards are awfully low, Mr. Sound Engineer.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Thats a load of rubbish. You do not have to have very expensive sound gear to put up decent quality audio and the fact that you think that probably shows you weren't very good at it yourself, as thats a nonsensical statement.

Name the piece of equipment that that will allow you to have a great podcast interview with the host on mic and subject on the phone, and price, as I was specifically talking about that situation.

DaveFoster

Thank you both for this.

Just one correction:

1:05:05 - "There is no one person that is an expert on aspirin."

Jodelle, if you're reading, you should invite @DaveFoster to your podcast. I don't know if you're a forum member, but if not, you can contact him through [email protected]. The guy is writing a comprehensive book on aspirin that should be out any time; I'm sure he'll have some original stuff to share. This is not a guru reveal, it can be another audio interview.
I'm no expert on anything. Georgi's more experienced and well-read.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

But would you accept an invitation or not?
If I got one, sure, but I have no idea what we'd talk about. Aspirin would be a topic where I feel that I can offer something to Georgi's knowledge base. He makes very interesting threads, often sociological that go fairly unnoticed on this forum. Also, why would he do that?

Something that I've been thinking about doing is arranging a Discord server for anybody willing to jump in. I think that would be very productive. There could be monthly scheduled times, and people could bounce ideas off one another frequently and share our experiences.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

If I got one, sure, but I have no idea what we'd talk about. Aspirin would be a topic where I feel that I can offer something to Georgi's knowledge base. He also makes very interesting threads, often sociological that go fairly unnoticed on this forum.
Don't worry, Jodelle has a plan <hand rubbing>.
Something that I've been thinking about doing is arranging a Discord server for anybody willing to jump in. I think that would be very productive. There could be monthly scheduled times, and people could bounce ideas off one another frequently and share our experiences.
I think that if a forum only allowed members to post one day a week, the quality of discussions would improve a lot because it would force people to be more considerate and elaborate their ideas better. Maybe there's some value in the idea.

Cirion

Discord sounds like a nice idea! I'm down for that.

LUH 3417

Don't worry, Jodelle has a plan <hand rubbing>.

I think that if a forum only allowed members to post one day a week, the quality of discussions would improve a lot because it would force people to be more considerate and elaborate their ideas better. Maybe there's some value in the idea.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom...You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.
William Blake

Amazoniac

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom...You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.
William Blake
That's what thoughts and imagination are for, we don't need to be expressing everything, in factus we gain a lot more by shutting our mouths, odserving and meditating before delivering.

MatheusPN

But would you accept an invitation or not?
Amazoniac, we know. Why don’t you just say you want to be interviewed by haidut, Roddy or Jodelle?

It is time to inflate your ego and of course, kill your free time; It's time to ambush Amazoniac, making a thread for him!
Time to gozar, enjoy of Amazoniac :smirk:
Something that I've been thinking about doing is arranging a Discord server for anybody willing to jump in.
Beautiful idea! It would be productive and interesting

Last edited:

Waremu

Name the piece of equipment that that will allow you to have a great podcast interview with the host on mic and subject on the phone, and price, as I was specifically talking about that situation.

No, if you were just talking about the caller-interview video, then you wouldn't have mentioned her other videos, and secondly, I wasn't just talking about the caller she interviewed. Her microphone set up has CONSTANT noise when you listen to a number of her videos regardless of who she is interviewing. It isn't set up properly and she continued doing recordings with it not being set up. Anyone with any experience with the most basic audio gear would know that right away. Name the piece of equipment? You don't just use one thing, if you want to do it on the cheap. You can just use skype and have decent quality audio with a few cables and other cheap add ons. Skype has it's issues, but you can still record a decent short podcast on it with a good mic. She already has a mic too. She can also use Audacity. She could use Skype call recorder, which is a cheap product she can download and use with Skype to make it much better. Throw in a couple cheap decent mics like the ATR2100 to use with Skype and you can easily have decent quality podcast interviews. She can use Anchor for free hosting. All for very cheap. There are other hardware options that you can do for a decent price as well.

A random example of a podcaster who uses such gear can be seen here:

‎Do Dope Sh*t.: Bilal Dawson: Life is too Short to Give a Sh*t. on Apple Podcasts

The audio is decent/clear, and he used the products I mentioned above.

You do NOT need expensive equipment that costs thousands of dollars. It takes a little research and trial and error. That is all. There a tons of kids who have channels on YouTube and have little to no money that are able to make better sounding podcasts. It's not rocket science. The information is out there to make decent quality podcasts, so there isn't any excuse not to, really. The only reason usually is because someone didn't care enough to put the little time it takes in getting the know-how down so they can deliver decent quality and instead just wanted to push a ton of recordings out or whatever.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Amazoniac, we know. Why don’t you just say you want to be interviewed by haidut, Roddy or Jodelle?

It is time to inflate your ego and of course, kill your free time; It's time to ambush Amazoniac, making a thread for him!
Time to gozar, enjoy of Amazoniac :smirk:

Beautiful idea! It would be productive and interesting
I was going to reply some inappropriate things, but for now I won't because the suggestion to get David on the show would weaken, so I have to act normal and take advantage of the number of posts to appear credible. Once she disassociates us, I can resume (para)normal activity.

MatheusPN

I was going to reply some inappropriate things, but for now I won't because the suggestion to get David on the show would weaken, so I have to act normal and take advantage of the number of posts to appear credible. Once she disassociates us, I can resume (para)normal activity.
You have the mastery of saying inappropriate things have an appreciable and meaningful quality, so yes please pm me
I don’t understand why once she disassociates, you would resume… Just because the suggestion to get David would weaken!? Come back to, para normal living

Last edited:

dfspcc20

With YouTube interviews, is there a straightforward way to convert to audio-only and transfer to a phone? So I could listen in the car without needing Wifi and/or cellular signal.

Inaut

YouTube to mp3 is what I use. Pretty straight forward.

Ps who cares about the quality if the material is good? I for one appreciate the latter more so

dfspcc20

YouTube to mp3 is what I use. Pretty straight forward.

Ps who cares about the quality if the material is good? I for one appreciate the latter more so

Awesome! Found YouTube to Mp3 Converter and it seemed to work perfectly, even behind my work's firewall.
I'll try to upload the .mp3 here to save anyone else the trouble. Not sure if there's a limit to file size.

Attachments

• Stress & Weight Gain, Estrogen & Endotoxins w Georgi Dinkov.mp3
    121.6 MB · Views: 9