Stress (from Poverty) Leads To Early Puberty And Health Problems In Adulthood

haidut

Forum Supporter
I recently posted a study on the effects of pregnancy stress (cortisol) on the development and aging of an organism.
Chronic Stress During Pregnancy Accelerates Fetal Aging And Harms Its Health
Peat also wrote that virtually all features of aging can be produced by administering a large dose of cortisol, and that delaying puberty has a strong lifespan extending effect. This study confirms that children growing in poverty experience much earlier puberty and health problems during adulthood. The study does not mention cortisol, but the previous study I posted (see above) establishes the crucial role of that hormone in aging, puberty and health problems in adulthood.

Research shows poor kids really do grow up faster—and risk a lifetime of health problems

"...Shape-shifting bodies. Cracking voices. Hairs sprouting in new places. Puberty marks a dramatic period of change for young people. Now new research shows children who grow up in poor homes enter puberty early. Not only do they experience more emotional, behavioral and social problems compared to their peers, early puberty puts them at risk of a range of health issues for the rest of their lives. The research, published today in the journal Pediatrics, adds to a body of work showing the cumulative effect of adversity in childhood can have lifelong physical, mental and behavioral repercussions."

Orion

I am seeing premature adrenarche that has started at 9yrs even following a good Peaty approach from normal healthy birth and not living in poverty. Very low PUFA, lots of sucrose and carbs, fruit, dairy, sunlight, play, digestion and sleep are very good. Not sure at this point what would help to slow it down, and hopefully full puberty won't come on as fast.

miki14

I grew up with an abusive, working single mom, who suffered from estrogen dominance but we were not poor financially. I was always the tallest compared to my same aged peers and at age 12 I had growing pains, constantly cold extremities, poor sleep and concentration. To make things worse my mom decided to do me something good by putting me on a vegetarian diet, no more liver and eggs and lots of whole grains and soy. At age 14 I was 180cm tall and had morbus scheuerman, juvenile arthritis, 10 cavities and gyno. I feel like cortisol is a big problem for me but my tests were in normal range.

If cortisol increases aromatase activity, causing low T levels and a tendency to convert dhea into estrogen, what would be good ways to lower cortisol and aromatase in concerned rats? Sugar, sunlight,...Emodin, Gonadin, ..???

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I grew up with an abusive, working single mom, who suffered from estrogen dominance but we were not poor financially. I was always the tallest compared to my same aged peers and at age 12 I had growing pains, constantly cold extremities, poor sleep and concentration. To make things worse my mom decided to do me something good by putting me on a vegetarian diet, no more liver and eggs and lots of whole grains and soy. At age 14 I was 180cm tall and had morbus scheuerman, juvenile arthritis, 10 cavities and gyno. I feel like cortisol is a big problem for me but my tests were in normal range.

If cortisol increases aromatase activity, causing low T levels and a tendency to convert dhea into estrogen, what would be good ways to lower cortisol and aromatase in concerned rats? Sugar, sunlight,...Emodin, Gonadin, ..???

Emodin, aspirin, progesterone, pregnenolone, androsterone, etc can all lower cortisol and estrogen. I think trying to keep stress at bay and avoiding PUFA and starchy foods (to keep intestine from getting irritated), a well as some red light and maybe some charcoal would be good systemic ways of keeping metabolism high, which tends to keep cortisol and estrogen lower.

miki14

Thank you for the answer, my rats doing most things already apart from andro, I might give it a try. Have you heard of Cassia fistula as a source of emodin? Do you have an opinion about it, @haidut ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the answer, my rats doing most things already apart from andro, I might give it a try. Have you heard of Cassia fistula as a source of emodin? Do you have an opinion about it, @haidut ?

Given that it is considered a purgative I guess it does contain enough emodin to be used instead of Cascara or rhubarb.
Cassia fistula - Wikipedia