Strange blood results - high estrogen in serum, lowish prolactin and estrone and estrone sulphate

I'm inclined to think that the "total estrogen" blood results are a day anomaly. I take DHEA but it's not high, strangely, to me.

serum estrogen HIGH
storage estrogen is GOOD
DHEA is LOW-NORMAL even though I use DHEA and progesterone every day.

prolactin 5.4 ng/mL (2.0 - 18.0)

SHBG 70 nmol/L (22-77)

serum estrogen 199 pg/mL (60-190)

estrone 39 pg/mL (< 68)

estrone sulphate 806 pg/mL (231-2125)

DHEA 157 ng/dL (147-1760)

DHEA sulphate 216 mcg/dL (38-313)

Last edited:

sweetpeat

According to this quote from haidut, your DHEA results are optimal:
Ideally, you want DHEA-S to be in the upper 75% and DHEA to be in the bottom 25%
Your estrogen results could be an anomaly, as you said. Were you sick when you got these labs?

OP
ecstatichamster
According to this quote from haidut, your DHEA results are optimal:

Your estrogen results could be an anomaly, as you said. Were you sick when you got these labs?

Thank you for looking and commenting. No I wasn't sick. I do respond (badly) to a lot of exercises, and this gives me headaches and probably raises E and serotonin, is my surmise.

Gerard

Beside your estrogen numbers on paper, then maybe you should tell us how you feel… Are you fine or not?
If all good, then don’t bother fixing anything.

OP
ecstatichamster
Beside your estrogen numbers on paper, then maybe you should tell us how you feel… Are you fine or not?
If all good, then don’t bother fixing anything.

not quite fine. I am experiencing a bit of peripheral neuropathy in my feet.

korpesh

@ecstatichamster Where do you get that detailed of blood results from? Since I'm experimenting with the oral test and dht, I'd really like to find a thorough but cost-effective online hormone panel, but not sure where to go. I used Everlywell, but their tests seem very basic on what you find out.

Also, have you ever looked into traditional chinese medicine formulas for the neuropathy. That's a classic system of imbalanced Qi, I believe, or your "meridians" being blocked. If you go to activeherb .com they offer traditional formulas at very decent prices to try something out for a bit. I've had some luck with their "Strocontrol" formula (even though I've never had a stroke) and their "QiVive" formula for both pins and needles issues and numbness. Might be worth trying one of them out.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster Where do you get that detailed of blood results from? Since I'm experimenting with the oral test and dht, I'd really like to find a thorough but cost-effective online hormone panel, but not sure where to go. I used Everlywell, but their tests seem very basic on what you find out.

Also, have you ever looked into traditional chinese medicine formulas for the neuropathy. That's a classic system of imbalanced Qi, I believe, or your "meridians" being blocked. If you go to activeherb .com they offer traditional formulas at very decent prices to try something out for a bit. I've had some luck with their "Strocontrol" formula (even though I've never had a stroke) and their "QiVive" formula for both pins and needles issues and numbness. Might be worth trying one of them out.

I ordered lab tests through a physician so I could get an insurance-adjusted price. I would order from lef.org in the USA if I didn't do that.

I specified the tests I wanted.

I will try QiVive, thanks for the suggestion.

korpesh

I ordered lab tests through a physician so I could get an insurance-adjusted price. I would order from lef.org in the USA if I didn't do that.

I specified the tests I wanted.

I will try QiVive, thanks for the suggestion.
Okay, awesome. I will check LEF out. Thanks!

lampofred

Your supplemental DHEA might be converting to estrogen in spite of taking it with progesterone? How is your blood pressure? I think high blood pressure and high cortisol might increase aromatase.

OP
ecstatichamster
Your supplemental DHEA might be converting to estrogen in spite of taking it with progesterone? How is your blood pressure? I think high blood pressure and high cortisol might increase aromatase.

normal blood pressure I have a home cortisol test to take but am waiting to recover from flulike illness to take that test.

PaRa

High SHBG and High serum estrogen looks like good thyroid as thyroid raises both no ? Plus prolactin is low so it matches with it.

Rasaari

2 months ago I started experimenting with cortinon, and noticed the next day little neuropathy in few of my toes. I got a bit worried but continued taking ~3 drops which is 9mg Prog and 3 mg DHEA. After a couple of days it subsided and I continued to reap the benefits of it. However every now and then I would experience it as I was changing doses and experimenting with other stuff too. Yesterday I took 30mg of pregnenolone, which I hadn´t taken in a long time, and also few drops of cortinon. The evening I noticed some of that neuropathy again. I think its probably from the DHEA increasing estrogen, especially because Im probably replete in Pregnenolone already. There was a study on the forum about how progesterone could increase estrogen in the first few days of starting it Pregnenolone Is As Potent As Progesterone As An (irreversible) Aromatase Inhibitor so I think my neuropathy came from increasing estrogen by both starting prog and having some DHEA.
Also ray says that progesterone pushes the estrogen out of the cells, but I think that is on higher dosages. I think you probably don´t need the DHEA, suspecting you´re probably replete in it already, and extra would just turn into estrogen, causing neuropathy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals