Storms Trigger Nuclear Reactions, Produce "cosmic" And Gamma Rays

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think this is yet another finding in support of the EUT. If relatively weak thunderstorms on Earth can produce gamma-rays and x-rays, then imagine what the tens of thousands of times stronger thunderstorms on planets like Jupiter, Saturn and Venus can do. Nikola Tesla once said that all talk about radioactivity is bogus and all observed radioactive matter and its decay is simply an observation of yet unknown electromagnetic phenomena. Well, this study below is a (small) step in proving him right.
As an interesting sidenote, the article goes on to say that at the turn of the 20 century cosmic rays were thought to be of terrestrial origin. The current Wikipedia page says they are of "mysterious origin".
Cosmic ray - Wikipedia
"...Cosmic rays are high-energy radiation, mainly originating outside the Solar System[1] and even from distant galaxies.[2] Upon impact with the Earth's atmosphere, cosmic rays can produce showers of secondary particles that sometimes reach the surface. Composed primarily of high-energy protons and atomic nuclei, they are of mysterious origin. "

I wonder if that "mystery" is yet another simply well-hidden ignorance, and if "cosmic" rays are nothing but results of intense electrical activity in the Sun, Earth and other planets in our solar system. The article actually does suggest that is a very real possibility.

Hey, @pimpnamedraypeat I think you like this one as well.

A bolt of insight | UNews
Thunderous nuclear reactions

"...Thunderstorms occur in the dense lowermost layers of the atmosphere. Electrons in these layers undergo frequent collisions with air molecules and are therefore subject to a strong drag force. Wilson’s proposal requires electrons that have sufficiently high initial energies to overcome this force. It is now known that cosmic rays irradiate the atmosphere and produce such electrons, which multiply in thunderclouds to form an avalanche of high-energy electrons4. However, in the mid-1920s, cosmic rays were extremely mysterious and thought to be of terrestrial origin5."

"...To this end, Enoto et al. carried out ground-based observations of γ-ray emission from low winter thunderclouds above the coast of the Sea of Japan. On 6 February 2017, they detected an intense γ-ray flash that lasted for less than 1 millisecond, which they associated with a lightning stroke. After the initial γ-ray flash, the authors observed a prolonged γ-ray line at an energy of 0.511 MeV that lasted for about a minute (see Fig. 4 in the paper2). This line is a conclusive indication of electron–positron annihilation, and represents unequivocal evidence that photonuclear reactions can be triggered by thunderstorms."

"...Enoto and colleagues’ discovery is important because it unveils a previously unknown natural source of isotopes in the atmosphere, in addition to the irradiation of Earth by cosmic rays. These isotopes include nitrogen-15, carbon-13 and carbon-14, the last of which is widely used in the dating of archaeological artefacts and artworks. In fact, the contribution of thunderstorms to Earth’s carbon-14 abundance could be comparable in some regions to that of cosmic irradiation14. Future studies should check whether thunderstorms produce other isotopes (such as those of hydrogen, helium and beryllium)."

"...Thunderstorm-induced nuclear reactions could occur in the atmospheres of other planets, such as Jupiter and Venus, and might therefore contribute to the isotopic composition of these atmospheres. However, determining the magnitude of this contribution will require detailed observations of γ-rays and neutrons from thunderstorms on these planets. Another implication of Enoto and colleagues’ discovery is that the neutrons are formed outside the plasma created by lightning. This suggests that these neutrons cannot provide information about the plasma, in contrast to expectations15. "

Last edited:

Amazoniac

2446301-zeus_lightning.jpg

How interesting. I didn't know lightning could split atoms.

I wonder if lightning strikes is what caused the nuclear radiation on mars.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I have read the exact opposite: cosmic particles entering the earth's atmosphere leave an ionization channel, which can trigger lightning if the particle track goes through a charged cloud towards the ground.

Kartoffel

I asked Peat a few things about his view on the laws of thermodynamics a while ago and one of his replies might be interesting in this context.

"N.A. Kozyrev, an astrophysicist, looked at the issue historically, and concluded that the 19th century people who promulgated the first and second laws were just mathematizing their fairly fundamentalist Christian beliefs, building on the preceding Deists, who saw the world as a big clock set in motion in The Beginning by the Big Watchmaker. Realizing that there was, and is, simply no evidence for the way they formulated the laws, asserting that time could just as well run in either direction. Kozyrev worked out the implications of considering that time works the way it seems to, moving only in one direction. With that assumption, the passage of time introduces negative entropy constantly into the system. Kozyrev’s calculation from that assumption showed that any mass, existing through time, converts negentropy into energy, and it works out to predict that the amount of energy coming out of the sun and stars is consistent with the observed energy, but is derived from the asymmetry of time, rather than from nuclear reactions. He then scaled the figures to the planets, and predicted the amount of heat coming from Jupiter and Saturn; his figures were confirmed decades later when the space probes made measurements at close range. The internal heat of the earth was on the same scale, so he estimated the amount of heat that should be produced by the mass of the moon, and predicted that there would be volcanic activity there. Since he was an astronomer, he aimed a telescope at the dark side of the moon, with infrared sensitive film, and showed periodic hot eruptions. A little earlier, Fred Soddy (famous for work in nuclear fission and isotopes) proposed continuing creation, and suggested that cosmic rays are newly formed atoms, and if this creation is happening everywhere, there should be a certain amount of “background” microwave radiation coming from all directions. Years later when radiation of that sort was detected, the Deisitic Fundamentalists proclaimed that they had discovered evidence of The Big Bang at the Time of Creation, and ignored Soddy’s prediction."

I asked Peat a few things about his view on the laws of thermodynamics a while ago and one of his replies might be interesting in this context.

""
Thats a mind blowing quote. I wonder if creation happens inside planets and that they grow internally instead of forming from accretion like the mainstream scientists claim. Well I don't have to wonder I know. Rocky moons are baby planets and gas planets are baby stars. Some gas planets are aging stars, shrunken with time like little old men.
There is it, everything explained and wrapped up in a neat little bow.

Do human beings also have this negentropy? Do fat people have more?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
For a short while, I followed an interesting question, why where such enormous creatures like dinosaurs over 60 million years ago on Earth but not now. Some people argued that the bone structures of the dinosaurs could not hold such enormous amount of weight that gravity must have been much less. But we don't see a gradual decrease in dinosaurs sizes, or? Someone else came up with an alternative explanation: buoyancy, that Earth's atmosphere was much, much denser than it is today. The accumulation of matter could explain why the continents of the Earth could nicely and tightly fit together if Earth's size would have been much smaller in the past (and probably completely covered with water?). But if that were true and Earth somehow would still accumulate mass, then its gravitational constant would therefore still increase today and maybe with extreme sensitive measurement of Earth's red shift with lasers, for example, could put an end to this hypothesis. I think that such a measurement should be possible and maybe that measurement has been done, but I don't know of any such publication. It is difficult to imagine someone getting such an article published to nullify a crazy theory...

Our sun produces heat from fusion, and when its hydrogen fuel runs out, it becomes a red giant. If our sun were more massive, then it would end up in a supernovae explosion. Earth's heat is a combination of the remainder of its matter that has been collected and its gravitational energy converted into heat initially, and then in Earth's core we have nuclear reactions going on that keep the core hot. We may also include tidal forces from the moon that may also contribute to the core heating but I am not sure about that....