Storing Fat

iLoveSugar

What makes one store fat as opposed to properly utilizing it? I'm not eating a surplus by any means, very little if at all pufa, but the scale is climbing and climbing. What could I be missing? I'm storing all the fat.

Kingpinguin

What makes one store fat as opposed to properly utilizing it? I'm not eating a surplus by any means, very little if at all pufa, but the scale is climbing and climbing. What could I be missing? I'm storing all the fat.

Things that burn fat is having a high metabolism. That is kinda broad description tho. But good hormonal status, low inflammation, healthy thyroid. On top of that you burn fat while the body is in a resting state. When you exercise you burn glucose. Although you can burn all glucose and start fat burning while exercising but imo thats not a healthy way to get rid of fat. Usually thats when people tend to hit the so called wall when running. They run out of glucose and cortisol spikes. Then when they eat the body is in starvation mode and will just suck that energy into storage. Its better to supply glucose and protein. Build big muscles. Keep cortisol low will help with that. And that means not over exercising. Then once you have big muscles those muscles will demand a higher metabolism at resting state. And while youre resting your body preferentially burns fat so having muscles will help keep you slim. If you have muscles but still cant lose weight you likely have more a metabolic problem like chronic inflammation, high cortisol or something similair.

What helps you store fat? The opposite of what I said above. Anything that blocks metabolism. PUFA is a direct thyroid antagonist i would say. Sugar is a thyroid agonist. But unless you’re glucose system is not perfect then sugar can harm you. With that I mean insulin resistant and similair things that blocks or make glucose burning inefficient. And insulin/glucose inefficiency can be caused by nutrient deficiencies and inflammation.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

So how do all these athletes and body builders not have any fat and look well, even when they are a picture of health? I feel and look like ***t. I ride my exercise bike 10 min a day and it's hard as nails to do.

I'm just desperate as I am gaining and gaining and I feel it.

Gone Peating

So how do all these athletes and body builders not have any fat and look well, even when they are a picture of health? I feel and look like ***t. I ride my exercise bike 10 min a day and it's hard as nails to do.

I'm just desperate as I am gaining and gaining and I feel it.

A healthy person should not get tired after riding a bike for 10 minutes.

I don’t say that to be mean, but it truly sounds like you have some health issues.

Get a blood panel done including hormone tests for cortisol, prolactin, testosterone, progesterone and also track temps and pulse

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I definitely have issues as I'm chronically I'll. I can walk a mile or 2 and be fine, but this recumbent bike is tough.

Being fat now doesn't help.

Kingpinguin

I definitely have issues as I'm chronically I'll. I can walk a mile or 2 and be fine, but this recumbent bike is tough.

Being fat now doesn't help.

Like I did mention in the above post. You need to build muscle. To do that you need a good metabolism. To get that you need energy production. Sounds weird because isnt good metabolism gonna be giving energy production. Well the wheel goes both ways. To get a good metabolism you need to supply what the body needs. Think of it like a car needs gasoline. But a car without an engine even if you supply gasoline it wont move. It needs an engine to convert the gasoline into energy. The car is your body. The engine is the mitochondria in your cells. Gasoline is nutrients like protein, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats etc. Your thyroid you can think of as your gear. But yeah many other factors at play and the body is a bit more complex then a car. But from what I gather it seems like you have some underlying faulty in your body that causes the problems you are experiencing. The problem is not the amount of food you are supplying or the exercise amount you are doing. Since your not performing at your optimal then there’s no point in trying to push yourself. It will only cause more harm. 10 minutes of cycling per day is a good amount to keep on doing. I suspect you have a underlying metabolic problem which ripples through your body causing this cascade of effects just like a domino. Thats why usually most metabolic problems tend to share same symptoms. They are all connected in one way or another. The best way is to do some blood testing and see if you can figure something out that way. Start with the basic most common issues. Check your blood values. Hemoglobin, iron, ferritin, B12. Then hormonally check thyroid status, testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, prolactin. And throw in vitamin D levels aswell and inflammation marker like CRP. CRP tends to be higher if you struggling with chronic inflammation and also could be a good teller if something not right with your iron levels. Its a good marker to get tested. Depending on your lab results you can sort of tell whats happening and whats not optimal etc. Once you fix that you will feel a big difference. You can be iron overloaded, iron deficient and fixing that will make you a new person. You could have high prolactin because of low vitamin D, calcium problems. You could have low T for many reasons. Cortisol can be low or high. You can have chronic inflammation. If you know these things then there is sure ways to treat and fix those problems.

cyclops

At least bodybuilders/athletes may be using steroids or training real hard, the more annoying thing is when you see some average dude drinking vegetable oil soy shakes and doing everything else wrong while still looking chiseled, while some have been following the ray peat life for years and look softer then a (gelatin) marshmallow

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

Can cyprophetadine cause weight gain, or does it just increase appetites which leads to more eating?

Kingpinguin

Can cyprophetadine cause weight gain, or does it just increase appetites which leads to more eating?

Cyproheptadine in general should not be used over a certain dose. I would say thats between 0,5-1mg. Above that you will start blocking dopamine. It will just cause more fatigue and unmotivation. Keep that in mind if you are using it. Should not go above 0,5 dose twice per day.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I was using 1 mg per day but lately have tapered off to 1 mg about twice per week, only when I need something to make me calm when I go in public.

At least you call it what it is. And not "muscles". Maybe you should leave all this fancy ideas, the fat and bold gurus behind for a while and think for yourself.

tankasnowgod

So how do all these athletes and body builders not have any fat and look well, even when they are a picture of health?

The health of athletes has been discussed many times on this forum, they are often not in great health. Regardless, there are quite a number of athletes that do have significant body fat, like linebackers, some baseball pitchers and hitters (Prince Fielder and CC Sabathia always carried a lot of fat), among others. Body Builders often gain tremendous amounts of fat while building muscle, and then they will diet down to very low percentages right before a competition where all they have to do is flex on stage. The strong men who are lifting huge amounts of weight will also have quite a bit of fat to go along with muscle.

Kingpinguin

The health of athletes has been discussed many times on this forum, they are often not in great health. Regardless, there are quite a number of athletes that do have significant body fat, like linebackers, some baseball pitchers and hitters (Prince Fielder and CC Sabathia always carried a lot of fat), among others. Body Builders often gain tremendous amounts of fat while building muscle, and then they will diet down to very low percentages right before a competition where all they have to do is flex on stage. The strong men who are lifting huge amounts of weight will also have quite a bit of fat to go along with muscle.

Yeah theres a documentary on netflix with the strongestmen in the world and they say for strength being lean is generally not optimal. Hafthorn björnsson dude is probably the only semi ripped strongman there is. The fat tends to help lifters to become stronger at least thats what they say in the movie. Also peat mentioned several times that body fat is protective to a certain degree and it’s healthier to have a little extra chub rather than being too lean.

Xisca

Just to say that if you love sugar, then you know where the fat comes from...
And if you are tired and not gain muscle, well, do you have enough sulfur? Do you eat garlic, onion, eggs, fish, enough proteins, radish, cauliflower or cress? Coffee and coconut also have some, but we need to eat as much sulfur we can without farting it! Just stay under and build up. Or else the body will eat your methionine and cysteine to take the sulfur from them...

Xisca

Try Mg sulfate bath as well when tired especially. SULFATE. Needed transdermal if you lack it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals