Stopped Using Pillow

L

lollipop

I notice asymmetry. I don't know if that would always cause strain or injury.

I think there is evidence of people doing well without pillows in various side-lying positions, too, so I'm guessing it's not so simple as that everybody needs to be supported in a straight spine position.
But if someone has an injury or pain, I certainly believe that supporting such a position could often be really helpful.
+1

I think along with Peat's theory on life, it needs personal experimentation. I saw "the problems" so tried to mitigate for people. Might work perfectly fine for some as you mentioned.

One thing to notice, in experimenting, which position causes the neck and shoulder muscles to remain the softest and relaxed. That might correlate with more comfortable, and might not. Worth noticing.

InChristAlone

Ever since I was young I cannot sleep on my back without getting night terrors. It's almost a sleep paralysis type of thing where I'm screaming out in my dream and then wake up and realize I was on my back. I have tended to like stomach sleeping.

Peatful

Ever since I was young I cannot sleep on my back without getting night terrors. It's almost a sleep paralysis type of thing where I'm screaming out in my dream and then wake up and realize I was on my back. I have tended to like stomach sleeping.
@Janelle525
Is this still the case for you?
Do you think the etiology of the night terrors was digestion related, cortisol related, or simply anatomical/positional?
Thx!

InChristAlone

@Janelle525
Is this still the case for you?
Do you think the etiology of the night terrors was digestion related, cortisol related, or simply anatomical/positional?
Thx!
Yes, still the case unless I'm for sure nose breathing by taping my mouth I can tolerate on my back. But back sleeping usually leads to mouth breathing which causes the terrors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals