Stopped Aspirin Cold Turkey. Any Permanent Risks?

_lppaiva

So I've been on and off Aspirin. Took it probably 4-5 times "consistently" for less than a month at most. Around 125mg daily, would usually drop it after some weeks.

Only later I heard that ideally you should easy out of aspirin in order to avoid problems with blood thickening/increased stroke and heart attack risk.

My question is, how does that work? Is the risk permanently increased if I stop it cold Turkey? Or is it a momentary thing after you stop, that will go back to normal after a few weeks?

Just curious since I stopped Aspirin for good some months back and haven't had any "issues", but if I should be worried if taking any medication that might increase blood flow (more blood flow with thicker blood does sound like a disaster).

The blood thinning effect is already in full force even for doses as small as 20mg or such. Maybe you should take bloodthinning stuff around 5 to 8 days post, for a couple of days / weeks, like vitamin E a/o Fish Oil, and stay more hydrated than usual.

OP
_lppaiva

_lppaiva

The blood thinning effect is already in full force even for doses as small as 20mg or such. Maybe you should take bloodthinning stuff around 5 to 8 days post, for a couple of days / weeks, like vitamin E a/o Fish Oil, and stay more hydrated than usual.

My point is I already stopped taking it months ago. I would like to understand if the increased risk due to blood thickening is permanent or only momentarily after you stop taking aspirin? Should I restart and drop again slowly?

mrchibbs

My point is I already stopped taking it months ago. I would like to understand if the increased risk due to blood thickening is permanent or only momentarily after you stop taking aspirin? Should I restart and drop again slowly?

You should stop worrying. Aspirin is very safe.

SonOfEurope

Don't worry.

In folks who have used 650mg with consistency the only thing is a temporary rebound in platelet aggregation that normalizes in a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals