Stomach growing

iLoveSugar

I've read around a bit, but am curious as to what caues the stomach to grow, while continuing to maintain weight. I gained quite a bit of weight, but have maintained this 200lb over the past couple of years. The odd part is, my stomach is the main thing growing. I went from a medium in shirts, and pretty much right past large to an extra large. What's likely responsible?

gaze

What does one do for this?
there's a million different opinions on this. the peat thinking would be to lower endotoxin, eat fruits, keep fats lowish (around 60g) a day, use magnesium and vitamin b1, caffeine, small doses of aspirin, vitamin D, calcium, choline (from egg yolks). there's debate on how much fructose someone should eat with a fatty liver, how much fat they should eat, how much protein, etc. a lot of people do not feel good on a high sugar low starch diet, it gives them liver pains. for other people high starch causes endotoxins. other people get liver pains from excessive dairy. a lot of things are individual. i would say the number 1 rule is to lower intestinal inflamation. but of course, it's way easier said than done. especially when every food causes inflamation for some people

Last edited:

LLight

High fluid quantity, low osmolyte (betaine) consumption.
Low fluid could tend to increase the activation of protective transcription factors in the liver (LXR, FXR) and gut.
Osmolytes, minerals and vitamins allow you to sustain the osmotic stress.

youngsinatra

I think most people have some sort of NAFLD and it is not that easy to find out if you have it - liver values don't necessary need to be elevated. In the US the estimated prevalence of NAFLD is around 25-30%.

Do you consume any choline-rich foods like eggs or red meat? Choline deficiency is known to directly cause NAFLD in parenteral nutrition. (IV nutrition)

High fluid quantity, low osmolyte (betaine) consumption.
Low fluid could tend to increase the activation of protective transcription factors in the liver (LXR, FXR) and gut.
Osmolytes, minerals and vitamins allow you to sustain the osmotic stress.
Do you supplement betaine, or do you try to get enough from food?

LLight

I supplement betaine as I've found a supposedly pure supplement (I empty the capsule in some food).
I believe betaine has low toxicity and could be lowered in food produced by modern agricultural standards (betaine is anti-stress in plants and I believe plants are less stressed to optimize produced volumes).

We would also like to make the point that the level of betaine in the diet is affected by the source of the food. Betaine is also a plant osmoprotectant and cryoprotectant, and the level of betaine in plants may be significantly different depending on the conditions in which they are grown.

Betaine (trimethylglycine, an osmolyte) really seems like a wonder nutrients:

Investigation of betaine as a novel psychotherapeutic for schizophrenia

I supplement betaine as I've found a supposedly pure supplement (I empty the capsule in some food).
I believe betaine has low toxicity and could be lowered in food produced by modern agricultural standards (betaine is anti-stress in plants and I believe plants are less stressed to optimize produced volumes).

Interesting. Thanks.

I've read around a bit, but am curious as to what caues the stomach to grow, while continuing to maintain weight. I gained quite a bit of weight, but have maintained this 200lb over the past couple of years. The odd part is, my stomach is the main thing growing. I went from a medium in shirts, and pretty much right past large to an extra large. What's likely responsible?
Now that I'm thinking about it, doesn't cortisol cause weight gain in the midsection?

B

Blaze

there's a million different opinions on this. the peat thinking would be to lower endotoxin, eat fruits, keep fats lowish (around 60g) a day, use magnesium and vitamin b1, caffeine, small doses of aspirin, vitamin D, calcium, choline (from egg yolks). there's debate on how much fructose someone should eat with a fatty liver, how much fat they should eat, how much protein, etc. a lot of people do not feel good on a high sugar low starch diet, it gives them liver pains. for other people high starch causes endotoxins. other people get liver pains from excessive dairy. a lot of things are individual. i would say the number 1 rule is to lower intestinal inflamation. but of course, it's way easier said than done. especially when every food causes inflamation for some people
Very well stated............ great advice, very thorough response.

akgrrrl

that bellyfat is a shaggy curtain attached directly over the stomach organ called the omentum, that is largely cortisol induced. Your ab muscles are stretched out over the top of the curtain, on the outside. Its a worthwhile discovery to determine all the ways we produce cortisol.

Rick K

Pregnant? :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals