Stomach Flu, Stomach Virus

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh man, I went and helped a friend a couple days ago cause she was in bad shape, she was crazy sick with a stomach flu, virus, whatever. Now, bam, it just hit me at 3am in the morning.

Any tips to get though this? :(

Please accept my apologies if I dont do much of anything around here for a couple days.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Oh man, I went and helped a friend a couple days ago cause she was in bad shape, she was crazy sick with a stomach flu, virus, whatever. Now, bam, it just hit me at 3am in the morning.

Please accept my apologies if I dont do much of anything around here for a couple days.

Penicillin. Charcoal. Lots of carrot salad. Lemon and honey.
Take some garlic cloves and place in warm milk with lots of syrup and let it sit for a while. Then remove cloves and drink.
Also take a glass and put cut up onions in it. Then pour in lots of syrup. Leave somewhere warm for a few hours. Strain out onions and drink.

Birdie

Charlie said:

Oh, no. I'm sympathetic, poor Charlie.

Add to nwo, aspirin. Careful to dissolve it in hot water. (Remember me.)

Birdie

nwo2012 said:
Charlie said:

Penicillin. Charcoal. Lots of carrot salad. Lemon and honey.
Take some garlic cloves and place in warm milk with lots of syrup and let it sit for a while. Then remove cloves and drink.
Also take a glass and put cut up onions in it. Then pour in lots of syrup. Leave somewhere warm for a few hours. Strain out onions and drink.

On the charcoal, I was taking it with my carrot salad. peatarian said nonono. So, how do we take it? The carrot is an hour away from eating on each side and charcoal is supposed to be the same. To keep from losing nutrients.

nwo, There is no way I can find another 2 hour period in my day for the charcoal to be in the middle of. How do you take charcoal? This would help Charlie too. Thanks if you see this.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Finally starting to turn the corner. Thank you for all the well wishes. Much appreciated.

Thank you nwo for the delicious concoctions. :lol:

Back to bed rest for me. :sleeping

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Out of everything I tried taking to feel better. It seems like the aspirin helped a lot. Thank you Birdie! I would immediately get some relief. And I would also get really warm after taking it.

Had a hard time staying hydrated, that was a chore.

Slowly getting better. Thanks again everyone!

BobbyDukes

I've had a stomach bug for three days. It's starting to get on my nerves now.

On day one, I tried cyproheptadine because I figured it might help the serotonin situation, and clog the dihearrea. But it had no effect on the stomach bug (dihearrea persisted), and it made me oversleep. I was therefore late for work. And in hindsight, trying forcefully to clog myself up, actually doesn't sound like a good idea. Your body needs to get rid of that virus infected toxic filth for a reason (hence it comes out in a form that is almost snoother than liquid itself - your body wants rid of it). I've been doing the carrot salad's, but they honestly haven't been doing anything.

Garlic would be more potent, I guess?

I've got minocycline. Would that help?

This thing isn't shifting. I've had three days of this. I woke up this morning in a very embarrassing situation that I won't go into. Ironically, I actually feel fine in myself. Just very slight flu like symptoms.

So this thing has had a nice time inside of me. But now it's time for it to go. I'm gonna go Dave Foster on its **** :ninja

This thing is literally lower than pond life. It belongs down the toilet. Not in me.

I'm going to start with minocycline (haven't used it for two years. Hope what I have here is still useable).

EDIT: Oh dear. Everywhere I am reading says that minocycline has no use against stomach bugs, nor antibiotics in general.

I don't have charcoal.

I could just soldier on and let it pass. Three days is a long time though. And I want to kill it before my body gets rid of it (just for my own warped sense of pleasure. Yeah, I want to stab it in the face and kill it myself, for ruining my last three days).

tara

If it were me, I'd probably try activated charcoal for a day or three to soak up whatever's in there, and maybe garlic as antibiotic since I have it around. And wear black pants. :)
If it's bacterial, I guess minocycline is likely to help, and maybe better than garlic.
If you take both antibiotic and garlic, take them as far apart as possible, so the charcoal doesn't soak up all the drug.

BobbyDukes

Thanks Tara, :hattip for the black pants suggestion, lol.

Thankfully it's only when I'm near a toilet that the urge becomes uncontrollable and dramatic.

Really wish I had the charcoal. I've tried so many things Peat over the last two years (supplements, etc), my kitchen is quite well stocked up with 'Ray Peat goodies'. But charcoal is still something I've never gotten around to trying. By the time an Internet order will have gotten here, hopefully this bug will have passed anyway.

I may try and load up on garlic then? It's just the working alongside my colleagues, ya know? Perhaps I could apologise to my work buddies, and just say that I had a beast of a bolognese last night, and the resteraunt weren't shy with their garlic. I can't take the blame for that. It was their food, not mine.

I'm gonna take a couple of cloves now. I've taken a minocycline but, as per my 'edit message' above, everywhere I've been searching online is saying that antibiotics aren't very useful for stomach bugs. Still, I'll take one each day until it passes. It might do something, you never know. Alongside the garlic, of course.

And time to buy some charcoal, too.

tara

I think whether antibiotics are effective may depend on what's causing the trouble virus or bacteria.
Peat's main concern about activated chrcoal seems to have been about small particle size andpersorption.
When i run out of my powder and restock, I'll probably get a more granular version.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@BobbyDukes if you are in the U.S. many health food stores carry this brand of activated charcoal:
http://countrylifevitamins.com/store/activated-charcoal
I've used it in a pinch when I couldn't wait on the mail and it worked fine. Like tara I plan to get granular in the future but just wanted to mention this as something you may be able to find locally.

tomisonbottom

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin