Stomach Discomfort/pain And Headache Immediately After Drinking ACV

Astolfo

I do not know why it happens. I use an organic one, it has no additive. About 25 mL ACV, diluted in a tea glass full of water.

Does anybody know if whether drinking ACV is damaging to the esophagus or stomach?

Summer

That’s way too much vinegar. Even a tablespoon is too much if you ask me.

I also wouldn’t take it on an empty stomach.

LA

I do not know why it happens. I use an organic one, it has no additive. About 25 mL ACV, diluted in a tea glass full of water.
Does anybody know if whether drinking ACV is damaging to the esophagus or stomach?
I pour about 1/4 oz into shot-glass in the morning for about 5 - 6 days in a row once a month. I pour the 1/4 shot into a taller glass and add distilled water to dilute. I do it to keep my stomach flat. If ACV is made with *added* water I gag on the taste and it doesnt work for the reason I use it.
I use Eden Foods, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. They make it the classic way. Even the well known brand Bragg adds 'purified water' and they are in California. Most California water companies are adding Fluoride, Chlorine and worst yet Chloramine since it cannot be removed by steam distilling
Eden Foods might not stay in business since some are calling for a boycott of their products since they do not believe in being forced to pay for birth control and abortions

LA

(I have a pub med link someplace and cannot find it at this time. So here is another reason to find a good source and use occasionally as needed:)
Re:
"In conclusion, this study showed that apple cider vinegar reduced the levels of estrogen and testosterone but *increased progesterone level*. This results from this study suggests that apple cider vinegar when ingested did not compromise the reproductive system. Furthermore it may be used to boost fertility."
page 7 of 8
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8323/9c1ac5a2181bca788cb464b8fbc57e6087ec.pdf

Vinny

"In conclusion, this study showed that apple cider vinegar reduced the levels of estrogen and testosterone but *increased progesterone level*.
Interesting!

K

Kratos

Some people can’t handle sulfites, it could be due to a yeast overgrowth, liver underperforming or just genetics.

Dave Clark

The amount doesn’t matter, i still get immeadiate headache when i drink small amounts.

Why?
My understanding is that fermented foods are either high in histamine, or release a lot of histamine in the body. You may have a mast cell activation issue, where the mast cells are stimulated to release histamine.

OP
A

Astolfo

Some people can’t handle sulfites, it could be due to a yeast overgrowth, liver underperforming or just genetics.
It’s one of the symptoms i developed since pssd, i don’t have any of those you mentioned.

My understanding is that fermented foods are either high in histamine, or release a lot of histamine in the body. You may have a mast cell activation issue, where the mast cells are stimulated to release histamine.
Could be. I sneeze after every meal and eating meat literally makes me feel like heavily drugged. I get so much fatigue from meat.

I also have low ceruloplasmin and dark chocolate seems helpful to my cognitive impairment a bit, i guess it’s related to the copper dependent DAO enzyme which break downs histamine. I don’t know how to fix all this mess :<

Dave Clark

It’s one of the symptoms i developed since pssd, i don’t have any of those you mentioned.

Could be. I sneeze after every meal and eating meat literally makes me feel like heavily drugged. I get so much fatigue from meat.

I also have low ceruloplasmin and dark chocolate seems helpful to my cognitive impairment a bit, i guess it’s related to the copper dependent DAO enzyme which break downs histamine. I don’t know how to fix all this mess :<
Maybe try using the Root Cause Protocol, which may help with copper and ceruloplasmin, etc. Requires no 'oral' vitamin D, only whole food vitamin C, and proper amounts of vitamin A, all this helps the feroxidase and ceruloplasmin, etc. If you have leaky gut, try using creatine Creatine for Gut Health and Mental Health? - Doug Cook RD which may help with the reactions you are getting. And, suffice to say, optimize your thyroid, avoid PUFAs, estrogens, etc., and take things to boost your adrenals like DHEA, pregnenolone, progesterone, etc. More than doing just one major thing, a bunch of small things may have a synergistic effect on your current condition.

OP
A

Astolfo

Maybe try using the Root Cause Protocol, which may help with copper and ceruloplasmin, etc. Requires no 'oral' vitamin D, only whole food vitamin C, and proper amounts of vitamin A, all this helps the feroxidase and ceruloplasmin, etc. If you have leaky gut, try using creatine Creatine for Gut Health and Mental Health? - Doug Cook RD which may help with the reactions you are getting. And, suffice to say, optimize your thyroid, avoid PUFAs, estrogens, etc., and take things to boost your adrenals like DHEA, pregnenolone, progesterone, etc. More than doing just one major thing, a bunch of small things may have a synergistic effect on your current condition.
Unfortunately there is nothing else to do for me. I tried vitamin A with a bit of postivie outcome but it did increased my gut sensitivity so i had to stop it, the same happenned with potassium. I used vitamin C, progesterone, avoided PUFA etc. Nothing works at all.

My brewer's yeast order just arrived today and I gulped down 10 grams of powder. I'm taking it for the histidine aa, though I don't know what's the best way to take it. Should I chew it? Should i take it on empty stomach? Should I eat it with some yoghurt? How many grams per day is optimal?

I also ordered small amounts of betaine HCL + pepsin. I hope it would make some difference.