Still Can’t Digest Raw Milk Even After Antibiotics

BigChad

Peat has said people sometimes react differently to different milk. He said he's known some people to do better with UHT milk. He has recommended trying different milks to see if there is some that suits you. And the thing about starting small and building up slowly.

[But it still may not work for everyone.]

regular refrigerated whole milk seems to work much better for me than the UHT processed stuff. someone mentioned on here that the more you pasteurize or heat milk the more the lactose turns to lactalose and becomes tougher to digest?

Orion3821

I'm going to have to go with the meat digesting statement as false. We produce quite a decent amount of HCL and our stomach and small intestine is more similar to a carnivore than an ape. We are meant to absorb our nutrients in the small intestine after breaking them down, not ferment them with lactic acid bacteria. There should be minimal bacteria in the small intestine, the main site of our food digestion. The colon is a different story but by the time most food gets to thr colon much of the protein, fats and carbs are absorbed, assuming your eating human food and not the rat food imposed on us by the "health authorities".
In contrast, Apes ferment with bacteria in the colon to produce short chain fatty acids from a cross feeding interaction between lactic acid bacteria and short chain fatty acid producers.

As for honey, it often makes things worse for people. It often has a high fructose to glucose ratio that can lead to endotoxin production, regardless of the supposed enzymes, which I would think are relatively minimal overall.

Watermelon gives me and quite a few people I know issues as well. It also has a high fructose to glucose ratio. Most humans dont do well with excess fructose in relation to glucose, it [fructose] isnt absorbed well by the intestine without glucose, leaving it alone in the intestine to be fermented by bacteria. Many animals dont seem to do well with an excess of fructose either (even monkeys and apes).

Banana also gives me and quite a few people issues, especially raw and relatively green.It can be high in resistant starch, which can lead to bloating and other issues from excess fermentation in the colon.

@TheBeard
I would be careful using too much antibiotics man, you may wipe out the pathogenic bacteria, in which case you'll feel way better but once you stop you can get a candida overgrowth and develop different symptoms. If I were you I'd eat a decent amount of coconut oil and pineapple, and maybe consider doing some coconut oil enemas to keep the candida at bay while doing the antibiotics and perhaps for a little while after. I used antibiotics to deal with an intestinal issue, in which case they helped, only to get a candida issue after lol. I wound up having to use nystatin and coconut oil after to deal with the candida issue. Ecosystems and balance are a tricky thing.
We don't have enough HCL in the stomach alone to digest large amounts of meat. This man Aajonus had surgery that cut his vagus nerve and he produced no HCL. He was still able to digest raw foods. Our system is more similar to a carnivore but we don't have the carnivores concentration of HCL in the stomach we can't straight up eat bones. HCL breaks food down and Bacteria digests it even further. E. Coli breaks it down into the smallest particles that nourish the nervous system and brain. Everybody has E. Coli. I'm not sure if I would call it fermentation if you get gas then there's some fermentation going on but I don't know if you could call normal digestion fermentation. Honey is literally predigested nectar. Bees eat it and puke it out. Bacteria and enzymes are how we digest food. Processed honey that's had the enzymes destroyed I could see causing problems but natural honey is very digestible just like raw milk. They basically digest themselves all the protein structures and bacteria to break it down are there. These are health giving foods.

Orion3821

I’ve read all Aajonus Vonderplanitz’ work and seen all his videos.

I have experimented with the raw primal diet for over 3 months, didn’t work for me
You couldn't drink raw milk during that time? Were you using antibiotics?

BigChad

We don't have enough HCL in the stomach alone to digest large amounts of meat. This man Aajonus had surgery that cut his vagus nerve and he produced no HCL. He was still able to digest raw foods. Our system is more similar to a carnivore but we don't have the carnivores concentration of HCL in the stomach we can't straight up eat bones. HCL breaks food down and Bacteria digests it even further. E. Coli breaks it down into the smallest particles that nourish the nervous system and brain. Everybody has E. Coli. I'm not sure if I would call it fermentation if you get gas then there's some fermentation going on but I don't know if you could call normal digestion fermentation. Honey is literally predigested nectar. Bees eat it and puke it out. Bacteria and enzymes are how we digest food. Processed honey that's had the enzymes destroyed I could see causing problems but natural honey is very digestible just like raw milk. They basically digest themselves all the protein structures and bacteria to break it down are there. These are health giving foods.

what honey do you use? have you used nature nates raw honey.
their honey tastes good and has a smooth texture, it's a bigger company so I'm not sure if there is a catch. I'm wondering if their honey is maybe processed or not actually raw even though they label it as such. Not sure if there are loopholes when it comes to what can be labelled and sold as raw honey. the nature nates stuff seems really standardized and has no visible impurities in it at all whereas other raw honeys i've had don't look or taste the same

The human stomach is actually more acidic than other carnivores' stomachs, and much more acidic than the stomach of apes and monkeys. Lions can eat bones, and they can digest it, as far as I know, so why wouldn't a human be able to do so as well? Our stomach acidity is similar to scavenger animals.

BigChad

The human stomach is actually more acidic than other carnivores' stomachs, and much more acidic than the stomach of apes and monkeys. Lions can eat bones, and they can digest it, as far as I know, so why wouldn't a human be able to do so as well? Our stomach acidity is similar to scavenger animals.

is raw meat more digestible and beneficial for carnivores and anything that has lower stomach acidity?

OP
T

TheBeard

is raw meat more digestible and beneficial for carnivores and anything that has lower stomach acidity?

I can eat 300g of raw meat and not even feel like I ate anything.

Give me 300g of cooked steak and I’m heavy and dizzy for 3 hours after

Orion3821

what honey do you use? have you used nature nates raw honey.
their honey tastes good and has a smooth texture, it's a bigger company so I'm not sure if there is a catch. I'm wondering if their honey is maybe processed or not actually raw even though they label it as such. Not sure if there are loopholes when it comes to what can be labelled and sold as raw honey. the nature nates stuff seems really standardized and has no visible impurities in it at all whereas other raw honeys i've had don't look or taste the same
I get honey from a local beekeeper. I don't know about the restrictions with labeling honey raw but the main thing your looking for is that it's unheated. They heat it up for easier packaging sometimes. You could call them and ask.

Orion3821

It's interesting, dogs can eat uncooked bones and their saliva will disintegrate it but cooked bones are cauterized and pose a choking hazard. I don't know about our stomach acid being more acidic then carnivores because they only eat meat whereas we're omnivores and our systems can become alkaline to digest plants.

BigChad

I get honey from a local beekeeper. I don't know about the restrictions with labeling honey raw but the main thing your looking for is that it's unheated. They heat it up for easier packaging sometimes. You could call them and ask.

They claim they "gently heat" their honey, not at high temperatures

MDH

Have you tried eating cooked potato juice? It worked like a charm for me after I became milk intolerant from drinking raw milk. Ray has said that some raw milks can create issues because the bacteria can change from cow to cow or from season to season. I think he says the high protein content in the potato juice (without the starch) is the reason it works. Anyway, I juiced one large russet potato two separate times, cooked it, and ate it. Haven't had an issue with milk since.

Vinny

Have you tried eating cooked potato juice?
I tried once. It tasted horrible.
Perhaps if there is a way to make it palatable I`d give it a go one more time.

Lately, I've been finding this to be true. I normally cook my meat in the pressure cooker, but the weather has been really hot in my city, and I was feeling repulsed by well-cooked meat. I decided frying it in tallow for just a few minutes so that the inside is still pink or red. I really enjoyed the meat like that, and it digested more quickly.

Completely raw meat gave me a little nausea when I was experimenting with it for the first time, but it may have something to do with my ability to digest fat, which improved quite drastically over the course of a month or so. Before, I was having yellow-ish bowel movements, which indicates fat malabsorption, but now, even after eating a lot of tallow, my bowel movements have normal color. Perhaps I can eat raw meat now without problems. I'll try that soon.

It's interesting, dogs can eat uncooked bones and their saliva will disintegrate it but cooked bones are cauterized and pose a choking hazard. I don't know about our stomach acid being more acidic then carnivores because they only eat meat whereas we're omnivores and our systems can become alkaline to digest plants.
Cooking removes moisture from food, which is vital when swallowing whole pieces of food, such as bones.

The ph of a human's stomach can reach 1 after eating protein, which is potentially lower than even a dog's stomach ph. But if we eat something like fruit, then the ph will likely not be that low, since there isn't much protein to be broken down in fruits, so I agree, humans seem to be omnivores, and a great argument for that is our sweet tooth, which cats, for example, don't have.

OP
T

TheBeard

98.2 degrees F is the cutoff above that bees abandon the hive enzymes destroyed.

Not true, it’s actually 104 degrees F.
The bees’ wing movements regularly bring the hive to that temperature.

Above that temperature, honey starts to deteriorate.

Orion3821

Not true, it’s actually 104 degrees F.
The bees’ wing movements regularly bring the hive to that temperature.

Above that temperature, honey starts to deteriorate.
Actually at 93 degrees the insulin like substance in honey starts to become altered and is destroyed at 100 degrees. Above 104 honey becomes a radical sugar.

Vinny

Actually at 93 degrees the insulin like substance in honey starts to become altered and is destroyed at 100 degrees. Above 104 honey becomes a radical sugar.
If this is true, it means that finding unaltered honey is a tricky task... unless you own the hives...

L

Lord Cola

I thought there were a bunch of people on this forum who couldn't digest milk even after following RP's recommendations. Maybe you're one of the people who can't digest milk.