Still Can’t Digest Raw Milk Even After Antibiotics

Waynish

Just do cheese for a while? Try Kefir. After antibiotics, you should do some more gut restorative things... Lots of gelatin broths.

L

Lord Cola

Have you tried consuming milk with salt? It might be that you're drinking too much liquid. Salt helps me drink more liquid without experiencing problems. I guess this has to do with salt making milk osmotically balanced. I make sure to dissolve salt fully in liquid before consuming it, because I found that undissolved salt can irritate the gut.

OP
T

TheBeard

Have you tried consuming milk with salt? It might be that you're drinking too much liquid. Salt helps me drink more liquid without experiencing problems. I guess this has to do with salt making milk osmotically balanced. I make sure to dissolve salt fully in liquid before consuming it, because I found that undissolved salt can irritate the gut.

Drinking the same amount of plain water doesn’t give me gas or diarrhea, so I doubt it had something to do with this.

lvysaur

But I thought ray mentioned somewhere that UHT pasteurized milk is fine?
lactose digestibility is a spectrum, not a discrete trait, and my guess is that those with very high digestibility might be able to even digest the lactulose isomers.

BigChad

lactose digestibility is a spectrum, not a discrete trait, and my guess is that those with very high digestibility might be able to even digest the lactulose isomers.

how much lactulose would be present in pasteurized whole milk from places like costco? Is all the sugars in there lactulose.
Also, even if you can't digest the lactulose or lactose, the worse that would happen is you just excrete it like fiber? Or are there issues with drinking milk/lactose/lactulose on a daily basis when you have trouble digesting lactulose/lactose?

OP
T

TheBeard

how much lactulose would be present in pasteurized whole milk from places like costco? Is all the sugars in there lactulose.
Also, even if you can't digest the lactulose or lactose, the worse that would happen is you just excrete it like fiber? Or are there issues with drinking milk/lactose/lactulose on a daily basis when you have trouble digesting lactulose/lactose?

You really can’t source raw milk?

Pasteurized homogenized milk has barely more to offer than water and sugar

BigChad

You really can’t source raw milk?

Pasteurized homogenized milk has barely more to offer than water and sugar

Not sure if it is safe and reliable. I heard the bacteria risk is big.
I've never noticed anything from whole milk even with poor digestion though

OP
T

TheBeard

Not sure if it is safe and reliable. I heard the bacteria risk is big.
I've never noticed anything from whole milk even with poor digestion though

Ah, the bacteria theory...

Read Aajonus Vonderplanitz

MeatOrchid

@TheBeard

Where did you get this protocol from?

I drink 2 litters of milk and eat plenty of fruits. But I suffer from deforming bloating. I get a huge abdomen which normalizes after I go to the bathroom and release a lot of gas. But I dont feel sick. Having said that, I dont spring out of bed with the energy of a good night sleep. But rather crawl out of it. Have done that for most of the morning of my last 10 years, but sometimes I do spring out of bed filled with energy and that is when I realize I need fixing something. I am wondering if this antibiotic protol is worth a shot.

I have diarrhea almost everyday. That is why I got to this thread.

BigChad

@TheBeard

Where did you get this protocol from?

I drink 2 litters of milk and eat plenty of fruits. But I suffer from deforming bloating. I get a huge abdomen which normalizes after I go to the bathroom and release a lot of gas. But I dont feel sick. Having said that, I dont spring out of bed with the energy of a good night sleep. But rather crawl out of it. Have done that for most of the morning of my last 10 years, but sometimes I do spring out of bed filled with energy and that is when I realize I need fixing something. I am wondering if this antibiotic protol is worth a shot.

I have diarrhea almost everyday. That is why I got to this thread.

With 2 liters of milk you are getting around 500mcg iodine a day, what is your selenium and zinc intake.

Not sure of pharma antibiotics maybe olive leaf?

I just finished my course of Xifaxan + Augmentin + Azithromycin.

For the most part it completely alleviated my SIBO and I feel a lot better. I have much more energy and don’t have that drunk feeling in the morning.

I gave another shot at raw milk again.

Still the same results: feels heavy on the stomach, and 3 hours later it gives me gas and diarrhea.

Granted I probably do too much of it, as I sip on 1 liter during one hour.

I really wish I could tolerate it, I crave it.

Haha man I know that drunk feeling!!! Everyday for the last 3 years. Been taking phage by life extensions and also been doing 30 gs of aminos and have had huge improvements

MeatOrchid

With 2 liters of milk you are getting around 500mcg iodine a day, what is your selenium and zinc intake.

Not sure of pharma antibiotics maybe olive leaf?
No Iodine! These cows are inland.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_230258599_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190906_230258599_HDR.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 23

Orion3821

I'm glad you've heard of Aajonus. I couldn't digest dairy for the longest time but Aajonus's tips healed my digestion. Try drinking it at room temperature or warm with unheated honey. I can drink all the milk I want now had to build my way up though.

MeatOrchid

I'm glad you've heard of Aajonus. I couldn't digest dairy for the longest time but Aajonus's tips healed my digestion. Try drinking it at room temperature or warm with unheated honey. I can drink all the milk I want now had to build my way up though.
Thanks!
Any other advise?

Orion3821

Thanks!
Any other advise?
I recommend reading his book "We want to live" and check out some of his talks on youtube.
It's interesting to compare and contrast his ideas with Ray Peat's. For example Aajonus doesn't like table salt. He says that when a cell tries to absorb salt clumped with nutrients it kills the cell. I think Aajonus got all his sodium from honey.

Weeks of research on SIBO studies
Did you have problems with fruit fiber before the protocol, such as bloating? Can you consume whole fruits just fine now?