Still Can’t Digest Raw Milk Even After Antibiotics

T

TheBeard

I just finished my course of Xifaxan + Augmentin + Azithromycin.

For the most part it completely alleviated my SIBO and I feel a lot better. I have much more energy and don’t have that drunk feeling in the morning.

I gave another shot at raw milk again.

Still the same results: feels heavy on the stomach, and 3 hours later it gives me gas and diarrhea.

Granted I probably do too much of it, as I sip on 1 liter during one hour.

I really wish I could tolerate it, I crave it.

Vinny

Granted I probably do too much of it, as I sip on 1 liter during one hour.
Man.... It`s said you start with one tea spoon....

Dobbler

Thats a nice cycle , hopefully i can do something similiar one day. How long was it and what were the dosages?

OP
T

TheBeard

Thats a nice cycle , hopefully i can do something similiar one day. How long was it and what were the dosages?

400mg Xifaxan twice a day for 2 weeks
1g Augmentin twice a day for 2 weeks
500mg Azithromycin twice a day for 2 weeks

brainfog

It takes several weeks to adapt.

I too went overboard in the beginning and drank alot cuz i liked it and probably craved it. And then i felt like ***t. Its not worth it. Its not wort reacting at all. Start with a teaspoon/tablespoon with a meal. And add more slowly and pay attention. Negative reactions? Drink less.

Last edited:

Redshine

Have you tried raw goat milk? Its the only milk I feel great on. But it is really hard to get.

OP
T

TheBeard

It takes several weeks to adapt.

I too went overboard in the beginning and drank alot cuz i liked it and probably craved it. And then i felt like ***t. Its not worth it. Its not wort reacting at all. Start with a teaspoon/tablespoon with a meal. And add more slowly and pay attention. Negative reactions? Drink less.

Thank you!

Have you finally adapted to it after this protocol?
How long did it take you to be able to handle a full glass?

Makes me dizzy too

Redshine

I dont remember. I think it was months. Maybe in the range of 3-5.
And now you can drink every type of milk? I'm really curious to know because I love milk but dont tolerate it well. My sinus start to react up and I start mouthbreathing.

OP
T

TheBeard

It doesn't. raw milk just has fewer indigestible sugars, but it still has lactose which is indigestible for many.

Wait, you are saying « no » but then replying on another point.

I wrote lactase, with an a, which is the enzyme naturally present in raw milk that helps break down lactose.
Pasteurized milk doesn’t have lactase.

Hope it’s clear now.

brainfog

And now you can drink every type of milk? I'm really curious to know because I love milk but dont tolerate it well. My sinus start to react up and I start mouthbreathing.
I have only tried cow milk. If i hade to do it again i would not have start with 1/3 of a glass and react to it like i did. One teaspoon with a meal sounds way better and slowly increase it.

lvysaur

I wrote lactase, with an a, which is the enzyme naturally present in raw milk that helps break down lactose.
Pasteurized milk doesn’t have lactase.
Yes, I know the difference between lactose and lactase. Raw milk does not have lactase.

lvysaur

How do you know this? Why are some claiming it does have lactase?
There is simply no evidence to suggest that it has any.

The reason people are claiming it does, is because many claim that raw milk digests more easily than pasteurized milk. This could get mythologized as it having more lactase, when that's not the truth.

It is known that ultra pasteurization forms a sugar called lactulose, which is an isomer of fructose-galactose, rather than the glucose-galactose of lactose. This sugar is even harder to digest than lactose, so any lactose digestion problems would be worsened the more pasteurized a milk is. This is probably the reason many claim superior digestion on raw milk.

BigChad

There is simply no evidence to suggest that it has any.

The reason people are claiming it does, is because many claim that raw milk digests more easily than pasteurized milk. This could get mythologized as it having more lactase, when that's not the truth.

It is known that ultra pasteurization forms a sugar called lactulose, which is an isomer of fructose-galactose, rather than the glucose-galactose of lactose. This sugar is even harder to digest than lactose, so any lactose digestion problems would be worsened the more pasteurized a milk is. This is probably the reason many claim superior digestion on raw milk.

Hmm, I did note, when I drank one of those horizon "UHT processed" milks, it seemed to mess with my digestion, something that doesn't normally happen when I drink milk. But I thought ray mentioned somewhere that UHT pasteurized milk is fine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals