Steve Richfield - Fixlowbodytemp.com

I want to do this but am unsure how to proceed. I have a history of fasting and low calorie dieting, and believe I've trained my metabolism into 'safe-mode'.
I can't raise my temperatures much even with thyroid. I believe my body is keeping them down by throttling my thyroid and other metabolic parameters, because there is no known good reason why my thyroid
would not work properly (I've had all the tests).

I wonder if forcing a higher temperature might wake up my body into working full blast again, hopefully fixing my hypothyroidism as well.

However I am not sure how to attempt this. Should I stop taking thyroid hormones before I attempt this? Should I obtain some T2? Do I need to have the first few days off so I can be at home all day long and make sure I stay adequately warm?

tara

However I am not sure how to attempt this. Should I stop taking thyroid hormones before I attempt this? Should I obtain some T2? Do I need to have the first few days off so I can be at home all day long and make sure I stay adequately warm?
Maybe consider contacting Steve Richfield himself? I think I recall him writing that he's will to offer to discuss for some recompense?

Maybe consider contacting Steve Richfield himself? I think I recall him writing that he's will to offer to discuss for some recompense?

Yeah I know but, it's a touch expensive for me at the moment. I was hoping to get in contact with someone here who's already done it.

tara

Yeah I know but, it's a touch expensive for me at the moment. I was hoping to get in contact with someone here who's already done it.
I'll be interested too. And in your experience if you try it.

Every subsequent reset gets easier and quicker. Eventually you only need a warm shower or sit in the sun and that's it.

O

oldfriend

So this seems like a common sense approach to the healing principles of people like Ray Peat (thyroid) and Matt Stone (eat for heat). You start the day with a hot shower, bundle up in layers of clothing, thereby artificially stabilizing body temps. It seems like this has the potential to expedite certain healing processes, and could be used as a supplement for fixing diet, digestion, hypothyroidism, etc. even if it doesn't change your temperature set point. I guess one downside is that you wouldn't be able to track your temps in relation to something like thyroid supplementation for example, but it seems like this could be a relatively innocuous way to jump-start ones metabolism. Am I reaching here?

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouth

On my only attempt to try overheat myself with hottest shower and extra layers, my body temperature went very low. :(

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Hello All
I am new to the group and joined because I stumbled on this important thread about Steve Richfield's work..

I have been through Steve's resetting protocol. I had had a low body temperature for 51 years. In my 51st year I had a diagnosis of cancer. My TSH was normal but my body temperature was low. I had spent about a year chasing the pseudo-hypothyroid route, trialing many different glandulars to get my temperature up, but nothing worked. I decided I was looking in the wrong place.
After reading about Steve's work, I decided his method was the way forward for me. I reset mid winter 2010 from my old daytime temperature of 35.8C to 37C and have maintained my 37C ever since.

I have noticed many age related cumulative idiopathic subset ailments and illnesses simply disappear one by one as they are now being slowly fixed systemically by my immune system.

I don't know if I will have recurrence of cancer, and I am making no claims that resetting is a cure for anything, it is simply optimising my immune system and enabling healing, whereas before my immune system was struggling.

Steve's methods are logical. Homeostasis relies on and is underpinned by temperature and alkalinity. Nothing within the body operates optimally, including the thyroid if it is colder than optimal ie. the set point selected is incorrect. The list of low body temperature set point idiopathic and chronic illnesses reads pretty much the same as the hypothyroid list. I had most of them!
If central hypothermia can be identified then fixed by resetting and the symptoms go away happy days! Residual ailments are much easier to deal with at 37C.

Low body temperatures are not always as a direct result of low ambient temperature or genuine low thyroid function, they can be as a result of pre or anti-natal inheritance, ancestral history of famine, and there is a condition known as inadvertent central hypothermia as a result of infantile anaesthesia.

I have written a great deal on this subject since my reset because I have been so delighted with the results and I feel incredible lucky to have found Steve and have his support. Indeed I truly believe he has given me a life extension, please feel to look my ramblings up!
Janey Hood

Hello dear people of Ray Peat Forum,
almost feeling like an archeologist digging through this old content. I think I´m going to try the Steve Richfield Temperature reset method since other measures (NDT, lots of sugar, upping calories, coconut oil) only seem to be able to raise my temperature as high (=low) as 98,06 Fahrenheit/36,7 Celsius.

@Janey Hood: Is your temperature still stable at 37C after all these years?

From another Richfield Temperature Reset Thread (--> https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/temperature-reset-a-la-steve-richfield.13397/ )
I know that @ecstatichamster and @MyUsernameHere also tried the method to raise his temperature. Were you successful and is your temperature still stable/good?

Other testimonials on the Steve Richfield Temperature reset method are more than welcome! Thank you! :)

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Hi
I reset my core temperature in April 2014 using the Steve Richfield shower method. From the age of 3 after having my tonsils and adenoids removed I had suffered multiple bouts of bronchitis as many as 8 times every year until the reset. The bronchitis was getting worse and life threatening. I reset at nearly 59 years of age. Since the reset I have not had any bronchitis or even a cold. My reset has been the greatest success by far in achieving 'health'. My average oral temp was 36C and now it's 36.8C. I only needed one reset to achieve this. The second best regime that improved my health was the avoidance as much as practically possible of polyunsaturated fats. In the summer of 2011 I hit a low temperature of 34.7C with a resting pulse rate of 26bpm accompanied by a dull headache for 3 days. I had hypothermia on a hot day in August. I now vary between 37.3C and 36.6C in the daytime and my temp eventually drops to 36.3C at night. I did not use any supplements to achieve this. This shows conclusively at least to me that the hypothalamus is the master controller the temperature set point. I think that a temp reset needs to be the primary focus. Once a reset is attempted supplements can be helpful but I would prefer to attempt the reset 'clean'.
Also very interesting. This user only needed 1 reset in order to raise the body temperature permanently to adequate levels.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals