Steeped Greens Broth

Diokine

I've been really enjoying a lot of green broths lately; especially curly parsley, cilantro, and dandelion greens. I was trying to increase my intake of vitamin K from natural sources, they also have good amounts of other minerals like calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, etc.,.

I'll chop up the veggies (or sometimes not,) steep them in distilled water for 5 minutes, and then drain the broth. Add 1/8tsp or so of salt to taste. The parsley initially had a pungent taste, you could really feel it behind your nose. After drinking it regularly, the broth tastes amazing, and I crave it often. It brings about an immediate sense of calm, warmer hands and feet, and I feel like it acutely alters my sense of smell. It makes the area behind my nose feel great.

I drink probably 2-3 cups of this per day right now, I've even got a hot plate at work with an old coffee decanter for cooking some up there. Sometimes I don't even eat lunch, I'll drink some broth with a glass of milk and I feel great.

Give it a try :D

paymanz

Why not boiling them,and even apply some pressure on them to extract as much nutrient as possible?

OP
Diokine

Diokine

Should have been a little more clear - I do boil them in water for around five minutes. I don't think pressure is necessary.

Luann

veggie broths taste great and are so easy. cauliflower and broccoli especially :]

HLP

@raypeatclips
I use "pigweed" aka Lamb's Quarters which are similar to cooked spinach broth but with a stronger, beefier flavor. Hard to describe. They sprout up in my garden every year and don't cost a thing.

keith

I've been really enjoying a lot of green broths lately; especially curly parsley, cilantro, and dandelion greens. I was trying to increase my intake of vitamin K from natural sources, they also have good amounts of other minerals like calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, etc.,.

I'll chop up the veggies (or sometimes not,) steep them in distilled water for 5 minutes, and then drain the broth. Add 1/8tsp or so of salt to taste. The parsley initially had a pungent taste, you could really feel it behind your nose. After drinking it regularly, the broth tastes amazing, and I crave it often. It brings about an immediate sense of calm, warmer hands and feet, and I feel like it acutely alters my sense of smell. It makes the area behind my nose feel great.

I drink probably 2-3 cups of this per day right now, I've even got a hot plate at work with an old coffee decanter for cooking some up there. Sometimes I don't even eat lunch, I'll drink some broth with a glass of milk and I feel great.

Give it a try :D

How much of the greens do you add?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals