Stearine Or Cetostearyl Alcohol As Source Of Stearic/palmitic Acid

These are the only available sources of stearic acid in my area.

Stearine or tristearin, or glyceryl tristearate is a triglyceride derived from three units of stearic acid.

Another one cetostearyl alcohol is a mixture of fatty alcohols, consisting predominantly of cetyl and stearyl alcohols. Cetyl alcohol also known as hexadecan-1-ol and palmityl alcohol. Am I getting it right that this one could supply both stearic and palmitic acids? @haidut I would appreciate your attention and advice.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter

Broken man

Can I ask you where Are you from? The tristearin, Is IT good grade? Thank you.

OP
methylenewhite
Brazil. Cosmetic grade, not for consumption...

OP
methylenewhite
Have you actually taken it?

OP
methylenewhite
Tell me more. I'm doing resistant starch for butyrate with good results. Would be cool use ready made butyrate instead.

I actually tried eating cetostearyl alcohol flakes melted in coconut oil. Felt only GI tract irritation and stopped after a couple of days. I will try it again with other diet.

Broken man

Tell me more. I'm doing resistant starch for butyrate with good results. Would be cool use ready made butyrate instead.

I actually tried eating cetostearyl alcohol flakes melted in coconut oil. Felt only GI tract irritation and stopped after a couple of days. I will try it again with other diet.
I tried sodium butyrate but had really bad odor, I bought stearic acid and IT seems fine with me but I felt some stomach discomfort today.

yerrag

I found a source for stearic acid, food grade:

Stearic Acid

Back
Top Bottom