Statins Stimulate Atherosclerosis And Heart Failure: Pharmacological Mechanisms

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

Abstract

In contrast to the current belief that cholesterol reduction with statins decreases atherosclerosis, we present a perspective that statins may be causative in coronary artery calcification and can function as mitochondrial toxins that impair muscle function in the heart and blood vessels through the depletion of coenzyme Q10 and 'heme A', and thereby ATP generation. Statins inhibit the synthesis of vitamin K2, the cofactor for matrix Gla-protein activation, which in turn protects arteries from calcification. Statins inhibit the biosynthesis of selenium containing proteins, one of which is glutathione peroxidase serving to suppress peroxidative stress. An impairment of selenoprotein biosynthesis may be a factor in congestive heart failure, reminiscent of the dilated cardiomyopathies seen with selenium deficiency. Thus, the epidemic of heart failure and atherosclerosis that plagues the modern world may paradoxically be aggravated by the pervasive use of statin drugs. We propose that current statin treatment guidelines be critically reevaluated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25655639

haidut

Forum Supporter
Charlie said:
Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms.

Abstract

In contrast to the current belief that cholesterol reduction with statins decreases atherosclerosis, we present a perspective that statins may be causative in coronary artery calcification and can function as mitochondrial toxins that impair muscle function in the heart and blood vessels through the depletion of coenzyme Q10 and 'heme A', and thereby ATP generation. Statins inhibit the synthesis of vitamin K2, the cofactor for matrix Gla-protein activation, which in turn protects arteries from calcification. Statins inhibit the biosynthesis of selenium containing proteins, one of which is glutathione peroxidase serving to suppress peroxidative stress. An impairment of selenoprotein biosynthesis may be a factor in congestive heart failure, reminiscent of the dilated cardiomyopathies seen with selenium deficiency. Thus, the epidemic of heart failure and atherosclerosis that plagues the modern world may paradoxically be aggravated by the pervasive use of statin drugs. We propose that current statin treatment guidelines be critically reevaluated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25655639

And if this is not enough, how do you like an ALS with your statin Charlie?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17536877
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19591530
http://www.psmag.com/health/statins-lou ... ions-27449
http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/3227/

Remember, anything that depletes cholesterol dramatically increases risk of ANY degenerative disease, especially cancer.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 113713.htm

There is also evidence that people with low cholesterol use most of it to synthesize estrogen, probably in adaptive attempt to stimulate growth of the organism in a compromised environment. So, whatever is left of the cholesterol after statins is used for wreaking havoc in a failed attempt at recovery.

mujuro

This is concerning. I always knew it was a concern, but every time I see new confirmed data on statins I feel like I need to act. My father is on a statin. He smokes and drinks (gin, scotch), and he is not a reasonable person to deal with when it comes to diet or health in general.

Hi,just found this topicand hope for some guidance,up to November 2014 was on heart meds for 18 years including 80mg statin.had several angiplasty's some with stents also very scary hospital stay (2 weeks) due to angiogram causing dissections .No meds now but I am very energy depleted and depressed.strangly angina greatly reduced since I came off meds .Need some advice for stopping or reversing heart disease .Have fair amount of lipofuscin,very high cholesteral,bad teeth

haidut

Forum Supporter
Elderflower j58 said:
Hi,just found this topicand hope for some guidance,up to November 2014 was on heart meds for 18 years including 80mg statin.had several angiplasty's some with stents also very scary hospital stay (2 weeks) due to angiogram causing dissections .No meds now but I am very energy depleted and depressed.strangly angina greatly reduced since I came off meds .Need some advice for stopping or reversing heart disease .Have fair amount of lipofuscin,very high cholesteral,bad teeth

Some of the most helpful things for the heart are thyroid, vitamin E, vitamin K2 and aspirin. If the doctor put you on statin just to lower cholesterol, you can achieve the same results with something much more benign like taking some pregnenolone, magnesium, glycine, taurine, etc. All of these things are known to lower cholesterol and can do so in a matter of weeks. I think taurine is even approved in Japan to use as a "statin". The daily dose is 3g - 5g and it was shown to lower both cholesterol and blood pressure.

Greta

Thanks a lot for the articles, my father was put on statins, and after a while he had a rapid onset of mild dementia, wich is getting worst, but he won't listen to me :S

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Its heartbreaking, Greta. I am watching my parents take fish oil now, my mom's sleep worsening the longer she takes it.

Statins almost killed my dad, couldnt even barely walk by the end of it. my dad use to squat 600 pounds for reps back in the day.. My brother thought he should tell my mom to start planning the funeral because he was that bad off. Something told him to stop taking them, he recovered. He just had congestive heart failure, they put him on it again and low and behold it it started the tear down. He got off them quickly.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96362/ Thanks a lot for the articles, my father was put on statins, and after a while he had a rapid onset of mild dementia, wich is getting worst, but he won't listen to me :S

If you can convince him to take some vitamin K2 (MK-4) with it, it may help offset some of this damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greta

Charlie said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96363/ Its heartbreaking, Greta. I am watching my parents take fish oil now, my mom's sleep worsening the longer she takes it.

Statins almost killed my dad, couldnt even barely walk by the end of it. my dad use to squat 600 pounds for reps back in the day.. My brother thought he should tell my mom to start planning the funeral because he was that bad off. Something told him to stop taking them, he recovered. He just had congestive heart failure, they put him on it again and low and behold it it started the tear down. He got off them quickly.

I'm so sorry, I wish my father would be able to see it too.[/quote]
Thanks a lot for the articles, my father was put on statins, and after a while he had a rapid onset of mild dementia, wich is getting worst, but he won't listen to me :S[/quote]

Haven't you told your mother about the fish oil? I have problems with my mother also, because recently she was prescribed benzos to help her to sleep, she has never had any sleep disturbances till this May, when she had a major surgery... I bet the anaesthesia has messed something up. :S

The worst part is that my brother, who is a doctor, prescribed them the statins... That's the main problem,
Now my father is trying to lower his cholesterol level even more (last time it was only 165), walking to be able to get off the drugs, that might be good, but the more exercise he does on statins I see him getting worst.
Also even if i tell him, that having a high cholesterol isn't bad, that he has to check the LDL (and now we know that not all LDL is bad, only the small ones) he's stuck with the older conception.

I just hope, that he'll read the articles, and think by himself.

Thanks a lot again.

If you can convince him to take some vitamin K2 (MK-4) with it, it may help offset some of this damage.

I'm going to try, thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Greta said:
Haven't you told your mother about the fish oil?

Yes.

... I bet the anaesthesia has messed something up. :S
Yes, anesthesia is a big metabolic hit to the body, surgery too. Ray has talked about this.

My friends husband passed away on Sunday from heart attack only 65.

11 years of bad health starting with heart attack , bypass, was seemingly
Ok ,6 months later seizures then massive stroke left him unable to talk and frail.

Heart failure for the last 6 years,had pace maker fitted, in and out of hospital with
Several tachycardia episodes.

All this time up to 6 months ago on statins ,his cholesterol was never high under200
Also on an array of heart medication.

I feel he was medicalised to death.

johnwester130

Taurine 9 - Page vi - Google Books Result
isbn:3319151266 - Google Search
Janusz Marcinkiewicz, ‎Stephen W. Schaffer - 2015 - ‎Science

"
patient that received taurine therapy showed significant improvements in the signs of heart failure (fatigue, orthopnea, and dyspnea). Prior to being treated with taurine, the patient was being treated with furosemide, digoxin, and spironolactone, but taurine therapy reduced the need for digoxin and spironolactone"

Learned helplessness is truly well and alive in the population.

You only have a certain number of heartbeats because of the rate of living theory,
you go bald at 40,
get heart disease at 60,
get cancer at 80,
taxes will rise and your wages will get lower,
and there's nothing you can do about it.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I know this is an old thread but a family member of mine who had arterial fibrillation and was put on statins despite my strong objection and insistence that it would cause more problems than it would solve.

Has now been told that his heart valve is calcifiying and deteriorating and he needs an artifical one put in.

What a coincidence. I've told him to immediately get off the statins which he is keen to do. My other ideas are supplementing with magnesium and Co Q10 anyone have any other suggestions? He is also on the blood thinners that are standard these days. I'm nervous to put him on vitamin k2 in case it causes clotting. I'm thinking aspirin would be a good shout and that with this he could come off thr blood thinners and statins without concern. Thoughts?

J

jb116

I know this is an old thread but a family member of mine who had arterial fibrillation and was put on statins despite my strong objection and insistence that it would cause more problems than it would solve.

Has now been told that his heart valve is calcifiying and deteriorating and he needs an artifical one put in.

What a coincidence. I've told him to immediately get off the statins which he is keen to do. My other ideas are supplementing with magnesium and Co Q10 anyone have any other suggestions? He is also on the blood thinners that are standard these days. I'm nervous to put him on vitamin k2 in case it causes clotting. I'm thinking aspirin would be a good shout and that with this he could come off thr blood thinners and statins without concern. Thoughts?
I think in this case, some progesterone would also be very helpful. Mag and a CoQ are very good choices too. Don't fear K2, it doesn't cause clotting as the med industry believes, that's overly simplified. It corrects the proteins involved in correct clotting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals