Starting Taurine

walker_in_aus

So interested everyone talking about using it for sleep. My understanding was NOT to take it at night (I have suffered severe insomnia) because it is very effective at funnelling glucose into the liver as glycogen and can give you low blood sugar at night? Which wakes you up needing to eat?

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Can anyone recommend a reputable supplement brand? There are just too many to choose from.

Mossy

Can anyone recommend a reputable supplement brand? There are just too many to choose from.
There was talk awhile back on this forum of the desire to find a naturally derived taurine supplement. I'm not aware of one.

The only taurine I've taken is synthetic, and probably sourced from China; even if it says made/produced in the USA. I've used the Now brand for many years, but would like to find a higher quality one.

Price-wise, if all that is available is synthetic, I may try the Best Naturals brand, which is a good price at $12/lb. Free shiping in the US.

ChicitaGatita

@walker_in_aus
Wow these are high doses! Here is my experience - I take 1gram in the morning in my coffee and it has pretty much been the nail in the coffin of my anxiety. I literally went from stress and constant worry about tiny things, to be working full time, studying and planning a wedding with the attitude of a 70s hippy. CAREFREE!

Even when I have real things to worry about, my brain is like "here is the solution and plan to fix it", not "I am now going to magically imagine every possible negative scenario here".

I also get the song "Jolene" stuck in my head every morning when I put it in my coffee, only I sing "Taurine, Taurine, Taurine TAURIIIIINEEEEE" instead.

I hope it helps you like it's helped me!

Oh I loved your post Walker in Aus! I want to feel that sweet, happy sense that everything will be okay. Always.

And, I 💜 Dolly Parton. What a great way to anchor the habit of taking your morning “Jolene”!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals