Starting Nicotine Gum - Will I Get Addicted?

A.R

After reading so many positive effects of nicotine on this forum, I'm thinking of supplementing it in low dose as gum form, even though I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.

Is this a good idea?!? I'm worried I may get addicted

lampofred

Man. I'm an extremely light smoker, but the little tobacco I do smoke just feels amazing. I want to smoke more, but RP is so much smarter than me, and he is pretty adamant that tobacco smoke is not good for you even though he is so anti-conventional about everything else. So I want to switch to nicotine gum. If anyone else has any suggestions of brands that aren't crap alternatives to tobacco, and are actually worthy of replacing it, that would be amazing.

BTW, sorry to disappoint you OP, but you're going to get a notification that someone replied to your thread, you're going to be eager to read some good advice, then you're going to be disappointed once you read the first paragraph and see that its no help to you at all, and then you'll get angry once you read this second paragraph and realize that I am a troll.

Runenight201

Use it if it helps, ditch it if it doesn’t. Becoming addicted to it would indicate that you have some flaw in your diet/physiology that is causing you to rely on nicotine to ameliorate.

I hate all forms of oral nicotine, snus, chewing tobacco, nicotine gum etc....

I love my pipe tho. What I love about it is I can exactly control how much to smoke. Even one puff too much throws me off, but the right amount provides a pleasant buzz. I usually only smoke 2-3 puffs before I reach the optimal point of tobacco consumption.

Lung function be damned I can still run 3 miles no problem!

lampofred

I bought nicotine gum and it's amazing. This is exactly what I've been trying to get from thyroid all this time (unsuccessfully). It's doing something very good for eliminating brain fog.

I'm just a bit disappointed that I've had to resort to a drug instead of being able to fix my metabolism via diet.

Wolf

Never had any problems using it here and there during extended studying. Watch your jaw tension once you've chewed and spat out since, if you're anything like me, dopaminergics will lead to subconscious jaw tension.

Lolinaa

I bought nicotine gum and it's amazing. This is exactly what I've been trying to get from thyroid all this time (unsuccessfully). It's doing something very good for eliminating brain fog.

I'm just a bit disappointed that I've had to resort to a drug instead of being able to fix my metabolism via diet.

Where did you buy it and what brand? Thank you in advance.

lampofred

Where did you buy it and what brand? Thank you in advance.

Nothing fancy, just Nicorette. I wanted to see if pure nicotine would actually do something beneficial for me, as opposed to just serving as a stimulant like amphetamine, before I did research into possibly higher quality but harder-to-get brands.

Lolinaa

Nothing fancy, just Nicorette. I wanted to see if pure nicotine would actually do something beneficial for me, as opposed to just serving as a stimulant like amphetamine, before I did research into possibly higher quality but harder-to-get brands.

Ok, thanks. I have it in my country. I will look into the ingredients.

Right now I am feeling great as the weather is great but I need an arsenal for the cooler weather :).

lampofred

Ok, thanks. I have it in my country. I will look into the ingredients.

Right now I am feeling great as the weather is great but I need an arsenal for the cooler weather :).

NVM I actually take back what I said. I don't think it's the nicotine because cigarettes don't make me feel this way, but I think something in the gum is making me stupid. Manic and stupid, not really thinking things through before saying them, etc. I threw the pack away.

Or maybe it's just making me more aware of the stupidity that was already there...

Inaut

I just ordered some off amazon..... The plain nicorette is actually pretty clean. Unfortunately the one I ordered has acesulfame potassium in it which is trash.... Boo... looks like the gum is going in the trash as well.

I’ll try and buy a clean gum. I like the thought of it though @lampofred

lampofred

I just ordered some off amazon..... The plain nicorette is actually pretty clean. Unfortunately the one I ordered has acesulfame potassium in it which is trash.... Boo... looks like the gum is going in the trash as well.

I’ll try and buy a clean gum. I like the thought of it though @lampofred

I think I'm going to buy some natural tobacco leaves and chew on those instead of a gum that's full of all sorts of fillers and chemicals. Peat recommended small amounts of the leaves in an interview. But to be honest, I don't see why leaves would be safer than dip. And dip is terrifying, with the mouth cancer, and loss of jaw, etc... On second thought maybe it's just better to find a clean gum...

Last edited:

lampofred

might get addicted to the aspartame

Yeah I think that might have been it. Diet soda and even regular sugar-free gum tend to make me manic and not think things through. Guess I'm just really sensitive to excitotoxins.

Lolinaa

Yeah I think that might have been it. Diet soda and even regular sugar-free gum tend to make me manic and not think things through. Guess I'm just really sensitive to excitotoxins.

Wow, you must be quite sensitive to chemicals.

Thank you for the feedback. I don't use aspartam either.

I think ray tzlked about pure nicotine.