Starting Low Dose Progest-E Each Night (male)

stsfut

I took 1 drop last night (3 mg progesterone). Felt pretty calm, slightly better sleep. Calmness has followed into the next day which I am enjoying (slightly less socially anxious).

I am a male on TRT. I have tested to have hardly any progesterone and higher estradiol. The pharma estrogen blockers work but I don’t like the way they make me feel. They are harsh and screw up my sleep. I figured low dosing prog. could oppose my estrogen.

Any other males who have been low-dosing like this for a while? Being on TRT I am not too worried about progesterone lowering my testosterone.

I am 26 BTW. I put that in because it is relevant but not interested whether or not you think I am too young to be doing so lol.

OP
S

stsfut

Low dose progesterone shouldn't be problematic on TRT.
That is my hope. I have seen some anecdotal reports of it really helping some guys. Unfortunately there is a bad stigma with guys trying it.

cyclops

Lots of different threads on here with peeps saying that 1 drop/3mg can usually be good for dudes.

OP
S

stsfut

Lots of different threads on here with peeps saying that 1 drop/3mg can usually be good for dudes.
Yeah I’ve read a few of them, just always nice to get fresh perspectives. I think the biggest concern of mine is DHT. It was already on the low side. Not concerned about it raising my shbg since mine is low to start with.

cyclops

Yeah I’ve read a few of them, just always nice to get fresh perspectives. I think the biggest concern of mine is DHT. It was already on the low side. Not concerned about it raising my shbg since mine is low to start with.

Yea, there was a thread where Haidut said DHT and progesterone are a really great combo together.

Sobieski

I've been trying 3mg progesterone for the past week. So far so good, though time will tell. I'm pretty sure it's knocked out my estrogen levels if that's what you're after.

ddjd

I took 1 drop last night (3 mg progesterone). Felt pretty calm, slightly better sleep. Calmness has followed into the next day which I am enjoying (slightly less socially anxious).

I am a male on TRT. I have tested to have hardly any progesterone and higher estradiol. The pharma estrogen blockers work but I don’t like the way they make me feel. They are harsh and screw up my sleep. I figured low dosing prog. could oppose my estrogen.

Any other males who have been low-dosing like this for a while? Being on TRT I am not too worried about progesterone lowering my testosterone.

I am 26 BTW. I put that in because it is relevant but not interested whether or not you think I am too young to be doing so lol.
Have you tried aromasin/Exemestane? That's the only estrogen blocker worth trying

OP
S

stsfut

Have you tried aromasin/Exemestane? That's the only estrogen blocker worth trying
Interesting. I have only tried Arimidex. I feel like like I am over-sensitive to it.

OP
S

stsfut

I've been trying 3mg progesterone for the past week. So far so good, though time will tell. I'm pretty sure it's knocked out my estrogen levels if that's what you're after.
For sure. Every time it creeps up I’ve been having ED and minor BPH symptoms.

OP
S

stsfut

Then you really have tried the crap one. I would 100% try Pfizer brand aromasin
Do you have a link for a reliable source of this? My doctor will only prescribe Arimidex. Thanks!

ddjd

Do you have a link for a reliable source of this? My doctor will only prescribe Arimidex. Thanks!
Yeah I'm looking at all day chemist at the moment. They can deliver the Pfizer Aromasin to Germany luckily. They deliver to UK and USA no problem.

But they have two brands- XTANE or Pfizer and I'm still doing research to work out which is better. Pfizer looks a bit like a knock off but I've used all day chemist before and they're legit.

The XTANE is Indian, has good reviews and I think it's legit.

marsaday

I have been on progest E for 3 years nearly. I am now down to one drop per day after using 2 drops for most of this time.

It makes a big difference to my life.

I would also build in a day per week when you miss it out as the liver can get to good at processing it out.

My testosterone increased 20% when I first used it.

I have only had another testosterone test done recently after 3 yrs. it is now mid range so I am back to where I started from give or take.

I suppose I need to see what my testosterone is like on one drop only

cihans

what is the big difference for you? I will start Progestene (Haidut's supplement) next monday too.
Also my progesterone blood test came like this : Progesterone 0.167 ng/mL (reference 0.2 - 1.4) its obviously low.

OP
S

stsfut

I have been on progest E for 3 years nearly. I am now down to one drop per day after using 2 drops for most of this time.

I would also build in a day per week when you miss it out as the liver can get to good at processing it out.

My testosterone increased 20% when I first used it.

I have only had another testosterone test done recently after 3 yrs. it is now mid range so I am back to where I started from give or take.

I suppose I need to see what my testosterone is like on one drop only
Is it hard to lower your dosage? I did not really consider any type of withdrawal symptoms if I am to stop. I would also be interested in the benefits you have felt from it.

marsaday

Well i have stopped it for about 10 days late last year and i noticed no ill effects. In fact i realised i had been taking to much as i found i had more energy.

But after the period off it i then became very tired one day so started one drop only per day.

For me progesterone has been the missing link to help my metabolism. I take thyroid medication, but was never fully better. Ever since the progesterone i have found my health has become so much better. More energy, calmer.

Thyroid patients typically have a compromised adrenal system. Many people in the world also have a compromised adrenal system and so we get stress illnesses etc.

The progesterone is aiding how the adrenals work. You would need your own lab and access to blood tests to work out how the progesterone is helping, but i assume it is increasing cortisol or allowing DHEA to be made correctly rather than DHEA being ignored to make more cortisol. So the DHEA to cortisol ratio comes back into balance. I remember seeing a utube video on hormones and when the ratio deviates from 4;1 problems develop.

When i started the progesterone i happened to have had bloods done in january of that yr before i started the prog. I then had some more done about 3 weeks after using the prog on 1 drop only. My testosterone increased from 17 to 21 nmol.

More importantly for me my TSH increased for the first time in 8 years (every since i started on thyroid meds).

My tSH had been suppressed every since starting thyroid meds, so an increase means the body is now using the thyroid medication much more effectively. The thyroid is getting into the cells much more efficiently and so the body is now asking for more as the levels in the blood drop. This is why progesterone is supposed to help thyroid uptake. Basically the adrenal side of the equation is getting a better balance.

My TSH since i started using progesterone is always around 0.3. This is usually the bottom of the reference range for TSH so all is good here.

Sobieski

Lots of reports around the internet of guys on TRT who have got sky high test levels but all the same problems of low t, who fixed their issues with progesterone. Keep it at consistent small doses and report back on the results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals