Starting 10 Mg Oral Pregnenalone

Frankdee20

So, my main reason for this supplementation is the mood effect I've read extensively about, and augmentation of GABA. Now my entire 20's through 30's, I've never tested higher than a 560 Total T (that was with DHEA supplements though) and have been as low as 302. It's always been in the dreadful 300's. That was considered normal by general practitioners, but let's face it, I've had the T levels of a 60 year old man for most of my peak adult life.
I'm 38, 6'2", 234, my labs last month were Total T 410 (down from 470), free T increased to normal from low, DHEA was 283 in December (mid normal), SHBG was low end of normal (also December), my Estrogens were within normal range. My Cholesterol has remained in the high 200's last 6 months, but my Triglycerides are sky high in the 500's. I'm trying to get these down, but I do eat a lot of fats from Cheese, Liver, Butter, and Avocados. No junk food or PUFA oils unless I dine out. I do eat starch in occasional rice or bread form.

Will the Pregnenalone and Aspirin and Vitamin E help bring the lipids down ? I also want that Total T to come up more. I'm happy my free T normalized. I do take B Complex, Trace Minerals, Magnesium, and increased Zinc to 30 from all supps. I don't eat much red meat or oysters or pumpkin seeds. I get A and K from Liver 3 times a month. Thank you.

trew

I'd recommend stopping the supps and starting a diet of milk, OJ, eggs, a bit of cheese and liver/oysters then get re-tested.

If your cholesterol comes back high again then consider starting thyroid.

Also, 10mg is very low unless you're one of the people that are very sensitive to supplements. I'd start at least 50mg.

And then get re-tested again and go from there. You need to be continually blood testing to see what's going on and making adjustments.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I'd recommend stopping the supps and starting a diet of milk, OJ, eggs, a bit of cheese and liver/oysters then get re-tested.

If your cholesterol comes back high again then consider starting thyroid.

Also, 10mg is very low unless you're one of the people that are very sensitive to supplements. I'd start at least 50mg.

And then get re-tested again and go from there. You need to be continually blood testing to see what's going on and making adjustments.

Hey thanks, the supplements are basically to combat long standing anxiety and depression issues. That's why GABA boosters help.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Anyone getting insomnia from pregnenalone?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Yeah I took it 10 mg in the evening, but why do people report sedation from it ? I guess it's dose dependent effects ?

I also really like it topical now. I like taking pregnenolone, DHEA, everything topical. In coconut oil.

Arnold Grape

Anyone getting insomnia from pregnenalone?
When I first started Preg at 50 mg (Life Extension), I was very wakeful, but at some point there was a change. A lot of people take at night, but I still prefer morning, before exercise, and after a larger meal. I have found Preg one of the things that needed a fair amount of experimentation. Additionally, when I tried to use it as daily maintenance for some of the same issues you're treating, I became somewhat aggressive at times, as I think it was filtering down to stresss hormones. The 10 mg range should be fairly innocuous, but definitely experiment and carefully find out what works best for you.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Okay so it's quite unfortunate but looks as though my Pregnenalone experimentation will come to an end. To summarize, began 5 days ago. 10 mg each day, went up to 20 mg oral route, two days ago. Intense anxiety this morning, I really do not understand why or how people on this thread go as high as 100 mg. I'd lose my mind if I did that. Sad, my anxiety and depression may never fully dissipate.

lampofred

Pregnenolone, aspirin, and vitamin E are the best things you can take to increase testosterone. Do you take thyroid? Your body can't actually use your vitamin A and cholesterol to increase testosterone unless you have T3. Maybe take Cynoplus so that your body can actually convert cover your cholesterol into steroids b/c it sounds like you're hypo right now.

x-ray peat

Sorry the pregnenolone didn't work out. That TG number is a bit scary. B5, Vitamin C, taurine and glycine can also help with TG and cholesterol. As mentioned thyroid obviously helps with cholesterol too. I would also add that avocado has a good amount of PUFAs in them so you may want to cut down on the guac.

lampofred

Also sunlight will drastically increase steroid production

lampofred

Also sunlight will drastically increase steroid production

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Pregnenolone, aspirin, and vitamin E are the best things you can take to increase testosterone. Do you take thyroid? Your body can't actually use your vitamin A and cholesterol to increase testosterone unless you have T3. Maybe take Cynoplus so that your body can actually convert cover your cholesterol into steroids b/c it sounds like you're hypo right now.

I don't take Thyroid as I guess no doctor determined I'd need it off my TSH numbers. Yeah I'm concerned about the high TG numbers. I do take Unique E, once every 2 days, I do take Aspirin about one 325 every 2 days. Maybe I should drop the pregnenalone back to 10 mg every 2 days. I really don't know what to do anymore. I have Taurine 1 gram caps I started off and on about 2 weeks ago, I'll keep taking that. It doesn't really bother me too much, other than slight hypoglycemia feeling.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I don't take Thyroid as I guess no doctor determined I'd need it off my TSH numbers. Yeah I'm concerned about the high TG numbers. I do take Unique E, once every 2 days, I do take Aspirin about one 325 every 2 days. Maybe I should drop the pregnenalone back to 10 mg every 2 days. I really don't know what to do anymore. I have Taurine 1 gram caps I started off and on about 2 weeks ago, I'll keep taking that. It doesn't really bother me too much, other than slight hypoglycemia feeling.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Can I ask anyone's guess as to why Pregnenalone caused or can cause anxiety in some people?

Arnold Grape

My guess is that you're taking the Swanson's brand pregnenolone, based on the small dosage. It could be the brand that contains excipients which don't agree with you. (I've noticed that the Health Natura Powder seems to have less side effects than others I've tried.) It may also just not work for you and you need to go off intuition. Other things people seem to have success combating depression with are different amino acids: Niacinamide in high doses - elsewhere I've mentioned taking lysine, which is another amino acid. I will say, at least for me personally, that the Pregnenolone experience has shifted depending on the circumstances surrounding taking it. (I've noted some of those things above.) It is also something I approach taking with a modicum of caution because I have had bad experiences with it, including losing my temper in situations I couldn't imagine doing so otherwise. I think Preg works best to combat stress when you're feeling it and not as a maintenance method for controlling depression, but others might disagree.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

My guess is that you're taking the Swanson's brand pregnenolone, based on the small dosage. It could be the brand that contains excipients which don't agree with you. (I've noticed that the Health Natura Powder seems to have less side effects than others I've tried.) It may also just not work for you and you need to go off intuition. Other things people seem to have success combating depression with are different amino acids: Niacinamide in high doses - elsewhere I've mentioned taking lysine, which is another amino acid. I will say, at least for me personally, that the Pregnenolone experience has shifted depending on the circumstances surrounding taking it. (I've noted some of those things above.) It is also something I approach taking with a modicum of caution because I have had bad experiences with it, including losing my temper in situations I couldn't imagine doing so otherwise. I think Preg works best to combat stress when you're feeling it and not as a maintenance method for controlling depression, but others might disagree.

I was taking Pure Encapsulations brand capsules, I don't react poorly to that company's excipients, which are non existent. I just don't know how some people went as high as 100mg on it. Perhaps I need to titrate dosage upward very slowly and use this infrequently. I'm lost.

HDD

I was taking Pure Encapsulations brand capsules, I don't react poorly to that company's excipients, which are non existent. I just don't know how some people went as high as 100mg on it. Perhaps I need to titrate dosage upward very slowly and use this infrequently. I'm lost.

Are you taking it with food/extra sugar? I take Healthnatura brand, 300 mg at a time, with Pepsi. There are some old threads discussing taking it with extra sugar.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Are you taking it with food/extra sugar? I take Healthnatura brand, 300 mg at a time, with Pepsi. There are some old threads discussing taking it with extra sugar.

I take it after a meal, breakfast would've been fruit, coffee, toast, protein source, etc. I will take 5 mg next time with a lot of sugar in my coffee. Honestly though, something else is going on than insufficient sugar when people report overstimulation.