Starting 10 Mg Oral Pregnenalone

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think I should have been smarter and avoided buying the Pregnenalone. I read clear modes of action on its GABA antagonist properties, and it's NMDA agonizing effects. Obviously good for brain dead people, but not someone who needs calming brain activity. I did assume that some of it would turn into Progesterone, and that would've boosted GABA. There was nothing relaxing about taking it. Buyer beware. A lot of stuff on this forum defies conventional wisdom. Lol

Arnold Grape

-If you read some of the stuff Haidut has posted about Pregnenolone, the conventional wisdom is that lower doses (I.e 10 mg - what you're taking) does not convert to Progesterone and stay as Preg. On an experimental basis, I would take a few days off and then take 50-70 mg to see what happens. Additionally I would do this after a meal with a higher fat content of something like eggs and grass fed butter. Alternatively, it could be best to move on - there seems to be high value in experimentation: note the same remedy rarely works the same way for two different people.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

You're absolutely right thanks

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

My head is still pounding from that stuff and I'm still over anxious lol... God, the effects of Cocaine would've dissipated quicker than Pregnenalone.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

So been trying to take Pregnenalone again by opening 10mg capsule, and sprinkling some in food. So at roughly <=5 mg, I get a quick burst of energy, followed by dopey, sedated, tired, numb, brainfog feeling, almost depressive. What do you guys think is happening now ? No headaches from this low dose, unlike the 10 mg.

Dhair

So been trying to take Pregnenalone again by opening 10mg capsule, and sprinkling some in food. So at roughly <=5 mg, I get a quick burst of energy, followed by dopey, sedated, tired, numb, brainfog feeling, almost depressive. What do you guys think is happening now ? No headaches from this low dose, unlike the 10 mg.
Sadly, I think that the pregnenelone that Peat was taking decades ago is nothing like the preg that is available today. It might as well be a completely different substance . He has alluded to this in email correspondence. There are probably numerous issues with the brand you're taking as well.
Have you considered TRT?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

My TSH has been in the ones, and free 4 and 3 is normal

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Seems as though Pregnenalone is one of them things whereby one needs to play around with dosing. I took 5 mg in applesauce yesterday, and was stimulated but not anxious, had a lot of zeal, and motivation. I guess I'm looking for that relaxed, but alert, lively feeling. Has anyone used sublingual Pregnenalone on its own and no DHEA ? I may switch to this format, I feel as though I'm going to like the effect from the right dosage. Back when I started on a 10mg, didn't have time to develop tolerance, and the headaches and irritability were too much.

marsaday

Seems as though Pregnenalone is one of them things whereby one needs to play around with dosing. I took 5 mg in applesauce yesterday, and was stimulated but not anxious, had a lot of zeal, and motivation. I guess I'm looking for that relaxed, but alert, lively feeling. Has anyone used sublingual Pregnenalone on its own and no DHEA ? I may switch to this format, I feel as though I'm going to like the effect from the right dosage. Back when I started on a 10mg, didn't have time to develop tolerance, and the headaches and irritability were too much.

I have been using low dose pregnenalone for 4 weeks now. 12.5mcg approx per day. Doing well.

Decided to try half this dose, so approx 6mcg per day, a few days ago. The result so far is a much better effect. It seems the smaller dose really helps the body find its level a lot better than a larger dose.

In the past i have messed with 25mcg per day, but after a run of a few days the stuff just doesn't seem to work out and i have needed up shelving the preg.

So the more recent usage at 12.5mcg has proved very positive, but 6mcg is even better.

Hoping to get bloods done in January to see where thyroid and testosterone is.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have been using low dose pregnenalone for 4 weeks now. 12.5mcg approx per day. Doing well.

Decided to try half this dose, so approx 6mcg per day, a few days ago. The result so far is a much better effect. It seems the smaller dose really helps the body find its level a lot better than a larger dose.

In the past i have messed with 25mcg per day, but after a run of a few days the stuff just doesn't seem to work out and i have needed up shelving the preg.

So the more recent usage at 12.5mcg has proved very positive, but 6mcg is even better.

Hoping to get bloods done in January to see where thyroid and testosterone is.
Can you share your formula on how you get that dose?

marsaday

Can you share your formula on how you get that dose?

Ive got some 100mcg tablets left over from when i tried preg ages ago (over 2 yrs). So i half them, then again, then again and finally one more time.

My late afternoon tiredness has disappeared and generally i am feeling more upbeat. I take T4 and started testosterone replacement this summer as well, but the pregnenalone has really had a positive impact. I will up date how i get on, but generally doing much better on the preg at 12.5mcg, but i can see less is even better. Hope it continues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ive got some 100mcg tablets left over from when i tried preg ages ago (over 2 yrs). So i half them, then again, then again and finally one more time.

My late afternoon tiredness has disappeared and generally i am feeling more upbeat. I take T4 and started testosterone replacement this summer as well, but the pregnenalone has really had a positive impact. I will up date how i get on, but generally doing much better on the preg at 12.5mcg, but i can see less is even better. Hope it continues.
Right on. Appreciate the info and hope your 2020 comes with more success!

marsaday

Still been doing about 5mg of preg per day. Yesterday i skipped a dose and felt fine.

I think it is important to maybe skip a dose once or twice per week.