Started Eggshell Calcium And K2

tara

There are a couple of people who seem to have got into trouble supplementing generous calcium and also baking soda - milk-alkali syndrome is dangerous. Personally I would not take very large amounts of supplemental calcium, esp. if also using baking soda, without monitoring UpH from time to time (ideally averaging 6.3-6.7).

Velve921

Interesting. My calcium to phosphorus amounts is typically 4000mg Ca to 3000mg P.

I do 1/4 tsp of baking soda 2x-4x a week before workout or stretching sessions.

mjs

There are a couple of people who seem to have got into trouble supplementing generous calcium and also baking soda - milk-alkali syndrome is dangerous.
What are the dangerous effects of this, how does that show?

Im using quite allot of baking soda in my OJ, simply because I like the effect.

About the eggshell, few days ago I just broke pieces of eggshells (which I bought at a local organic farm) in real small pieces and grind them in my mouth with my teeth and the just ate it up after a breakfast or lunch. Does that even work? or is the procedure above needed to make the calcium available for the body?

tara

What are the dangerous effects of this, how does that show?

Some related threads:
Milk Alkali Syndrome (explicit)
high calcium intake + baking soda = milk alkali??
Calcium + Baking Soda = Trouble?

I think someone else wrote about running into trouble with milk-alkali syndrome 3+ years ago, but I haven't found description yet - might have been Jenn, but I'm not sure?

I'm using quite allot of baking soda in my OJ, simply because I like the effect.
I think the portion that is fully reacted with acids in the OJ may not contribute much to the issue. I put baking soda in my (commercial) OJ too.
The issue is probably related to overall balance of acid and alkaline inputs and effects in the system, and any existing weaknesses in dealing with them.

About the eggshell, few days ago I just broke pieces of eggshells (which I bought at a local organic farm) in real small pieces and grind them in my mouth with my teeth and the just ate it up after a breakfast or lunch. Does that even work? or is the procedure above needed to make the calcium available for the body?
Personally, I couldn't get myself to do the grinding with my teeth. I think other people are using grinders. I imagine probably good to sterilise well by boiling or baking the shells first. I expect the finer it's ground, the more would be absorbed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals