Starlink started broadcasting 5G signal from space today. Feel any different?

Perry Staltic

I'm wondering how strong the signal is. We're getting bathed with microwaves from satellites constantly, but the signals are so weak you need a satellite dish to pick them up.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I'm wondering how strong the signal is. We're getting bathed with microwaves from satellites constantly, but the signals are so weak you need a satellite dish to pick them up.
As I understand it, the worry is not so much about the signal strength, the worry is that it might hit certain resonant frequencies of ionosphere, and the unprecedent quantity of satellites needed for this system to work (441000 approved satellites today vs 2000 in 2018)

Arthur Firstenberg and Elana Freeland goes into great detail about this

Makrosky

Yes. Apparently for elons bsh. you need a satellite dish which makes me think EMF radiation is going to be small. Still... it keeps adding up.

orangebear

Um, last time I checked, 5G only works at short range. How the heck are satellites broadcasting in 5G? Now, it's possible for them both to have negative effects, but they are certainly not the same thing.

Perry Staltic

Um, last time I checked, 5G only works at short range. How the heck are satellites broadcasting in 5G? Now, it's possible for them both to have negative effects, but they are certainly not the same thing.

They're not the same, but still high frequency microwaves.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

"The SpaceX non-geostationary orbit communications satellite constellation will operate in the high-frequency bands above 24 GHz"
Source: Starlink - Wikipedia

That's literally the same as 5G high band.

"The third bucket of spectrum where wireless operators are deploying 5G is in the millimeter wave spectrum. This is very high on the spectrum chart in the 24 GHz band and higher. The GSMA recommends that operators support millimeter wave spectrum in the 26 GHz, 40 GHz, 50 GHz and 66 GHz bands for mobile services."
Source: 5G spectrum bands explained— low, mid and high band | Nokia

orangebear

"The SpaceX non-geostationary orbit communications satellite constellation will operate in the high-frequency bands above 24 GHz"
Source: Starlink - Wikipedia

That's literally the same as 5G high band.

"The third bucket of spectrum where wireless operators are deploying 5G is in the millimeter wave spectrum. This is very high on the spectrum chart in the 24 GHz band and higher. The GSMA recommends that operators support millimeter wave spectrum in the 26 GHz, 40 GHz, 50 GHz and 66 GHz bands for mobile services."
Source: 5G spectrum bands explained— low, mid and high band | Nokia
I see. Thanks. Are there any specific frequencies that are considered harmful or higher frequency generally means more harm? I believe the official story is that none of these are high enough to be harmful, right?

Perry Staltic

Starlink uses 10.7-12.7 GHz and 37.5-42.5 GHz to transmit data from satellites to the ground. The first range falls within the X and K bands, and the second range falls within the Ka band. So conceivable a radar detector might pick them up, but I seriously doubt it would.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am not sure if Starlink uses this technology but a phase-array antenna system can ‘steer’ the emitted signal into the required direction. It acts like a lens. But there is still a spread. The same technology can also be applied for the reception but at a much lesser efficiency, it can boost the signal by receiving it from multiple antennas of the satellite’s antenna array.

Filosofy

All there is to do at this point is to check if one needs to up calcium magnesium, Bs, protein, fluids, and to make sure to keep low stress levels as this exarcebates the damages. May God be with us.

Musk will eat his crap up some day; he said on Rogan he'd happily tape his whole head with cellphones because the risk is zero.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom