Starches Have Messed Up My Gut

Happycat

A few weeks before I found out about the RP diet, I did the 'starch solution diet' by dr Macdougall.
Felt pretty good on it ( although I wasn't 100% compliant) , digestion was easy, only thing was a lot of bloating and gas. Did this for about 3 weeks.
Then I returned to my normal way of eating, introduced some Peaty foods such as gelatin, increased protein, cut out most Pufa, but I still kept some starches such as potatoes, bread and a bit of rice.
Well, my bowels are not happy at all. Sorry TMI - so much fermentation and gas I think my cats are going to leave the house for good!
I tried raw carrot with salt and olive oil, tried apple cyder vinegar which usually works but not this time. White mushrooms made everything worse.
The next thing I am going to try us activated charcoal.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ableton

I recommend eating nothing but your carrot, tons of fructose, and easily digestible animal protein throughout the day, accompanied with lots of coffee (and possibly milk). This should clean your gut up, I did the same. This made me have like 4 bowel movements instead of 1-2. When it’s clean, you can try reintroducing starches for dinner again.

OP
Happycat

Happycat

Thanks Ableton, sounds good, I haven't had any starches today and it feels much better.

Coconut oil on the carrot salad tastes so good, will do this every day.

yashi

How did you do the starch diet? Personally I have trouble with resistant starch, so potatoes or rice that are reheated. If I eat them right after they first got well cooked, I have no problem. Maybe you overdid the resistance starches (as it's way more convenient to be able to reheat them).

OP
Happycat

Happycat

I never reheated anything.
I ate things like oatmeal, fruit, pasta with tomato sauce and vegetables, lots of boiled/ mashed potatoes, rice and veggies, bread.
I certaily overdid the starches, I guess I fed some bad bacteria in my gut by doing this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals