Starch vs sugar

SamYo123

This happens with simple sugar, but not starch, why is that?

"When digestive secretions are inadequate, and peristalsis is sluggish, bacteria and fungi can invade the small intestine, interfering with digestion and causing inflammation and toxic effects.”

“Bacteria thrive on starches that aren’t quickly digested, and the bacteria convert the energy into bulk, and stimulate the intestine. (But at the same time, they are making the toxins that affect the hormones.)”

Except that starch digests quicker than simple sugars for me,

Why would starch be less bloating, and more digestable than simple sugars?

reaching

Which starches? Prepared how? Which sugars? Are you sure they digest quicker? These are all questions that come to mind.
It’s probably individualistic but I’ve found in the last two weeks or so that replacing starch with fruit and fruit juices fixes almost all my digest issues and makes it incredibly easy to lose weight.

when I do deviate and have a little rice or corn tortillas, it’s much easier to not over eat now.

if starches are working for you, keep doing it.

OP
S

SamYo123

Which starches? Prepared how? Which sugars? Are you sure they digest quicker? These are all questions that come to mind.
It’s probably individualistic but I’ve found in the last two weeks or so that replacing starch with fruit and fruit juices fixes almost all my digest issues and makes it incredibly easy to lose weight.

when I do deviate and have a little rice or corn tortillas, it’s much easier to not over eat now.

Oats, rice, bread, no bloat from them, but oats cause gas, and also cause good bowl movements,

Fruit and juice = bloat but no gas, and constipation stool becomes pebble like

reaching

Oats, rice, bread, no bloat from them, but oats cause gas, and also cause good bowl movements,

Fruit and juice = bloat but no gas, and constipation stool becomes pebble like

Nice. Yeah, same with me and oats.
Usually, everything is nice for a few days but then I get gas and constipation.

Haha exactly same with fruit and juice. Ive found mushroom and carrots help with that but I hate carrots and the carrot salad thing.
Mushroom often come out undigested... not sure if that is normal or not.
When you get bloat with fruit and juice, are you taking the juice with meals? i have found sipping and not chugging juice really helps.
Problem with it is that it exposes your teeth to acidity a lot more so maybe I will buy a glass straw or something.

Vins7

Skinny guys with por digestion have more issues with this. If we remove starches and eat fruit and other sugars instead of this, se lose weight...

reaching

Skinny guys with por digestion have more issues with this. If we remove starches and eat fruit and other sugars instead of this, se lose weight...
ahh that makes sense.

Have you tried just drinking whole milk honey with raw eggs all day? That would definitely put on some pounds. If you wanted to put on pounds.
Since removing starches, I have increased my fat levels significantly. Mostly in the form of coconut oil and dairy (yogurt and cheeses). I find butter and beef fat to leave me feely gross and heavy these days.

Vins7

ahh that makes sense.

Have you tried just drinking whole milk honey with raw eggs all day? That would definitely put on some pounds. If you wanted to put on pounds.
Since removing starches, I have increased my fat levels significantly. Mostly in the form of coconut oil and dairy (yogurt and cheeses). I find butter and beef fat to leave me feely gross and heavy these days.
Thank you.
I think that in my case there are two problems with idea of eating more fat.

First, fat is really more satiating than carbs/starches so eating enough calories increasing fat intake could be more difficult.

Second, I have my total colesterol in 260, and eating dietary fat could make things worse, although I know that it is not directly the cause of high cholesterol.

Third, I crave so much starch and carbs ?

But I could try consuming mor fat instead of starch for a month and then evaluate my colesterol level and other health aspects.

reaching

Thank you.

First, fat is really more satiating than carbs/starches so eating enough calories increasing fat intake could be more difficult.

Second, I have my total colesterol in 260, and eating dietary fat could make things worse, although I know that it is not directly the cause of high cholesterol.

But I could try consuming mor fat instead of starch for a month and then evaluate my colesterol level and other health aspects.
To be honest, I am kind of wary about my current diet too because it kind of goes against everything I thought about diet in the last few years. I am drinking and eating fruits (oh my!) and pretty high fat. I think I am still in calorie deficit due to what you are talking about the whole idea of fat being more satiating. It’s hard for me to over consume fruit and juices. I just get kind of sick of it if I over do it. I mostly take enough to prevent stress response or extreme hunger.
I do crave starches too. And I have them little here and there but not all day and not two days in a row. I don’t know why but increasing the fruits and juices has really curbed cravings for junk foods as well.
I am just okay most of the time. Good energy and not starving.

Thank you.

high cholesterol is usually hypothyroidism.

OP
S

SamYo123

Nice. Yeah, same with me and oats.
Usually, everything is nice for a few days but then I get gas and constipation.

Haha exactly same with fruit and juice. Ive found mushroom and carrots help with that but I hate carrots and the carrot salad thing.
Mushroom often come out undigested... not sure if that is normal or not.
When you get bloat with fruit and juice, are you taking the juice with meals? i have found sipping and not chugging juice really helps.
Problem with it is that it exposes your teeth to acidity a lot more so maybe I will buy a glass straw or something.
I need to figure out why sucrose is causing endotoxin and gut inflammation

akgrrrl

Good points (WHICH rice, WHICH meat, milk or any other thing we put in our mouth)and the change that occurs in rice and potatoes by cooling then heating later is notable. Resistant starch.

Hgreen56

I need to figure out why sucrose is causing endotoxin and gut inflammation

What i have learn and have experienced by myself the last months is that endotoxin loves fructose. if you are hypothyroid and your metabolic rate = low (pooping less that 3 times a day)
than you don't want to eat stuff that endotoxin loves to feed them self with.
Fructose, soluble fiber, Fodmap, pectin, saturated fat are breeding grounds for endotoxin.
Yes, also saturated fat like coconut oil. The more double bonds in a fat, the LESS endotoxin get into the serum.
Endotoxin in your blood = inflammation everywhere.
Fructose is also it will burden your liver if you metabolic rate is low.

reaching

I am coming from alcoholism and have replaced startches with fruit and feel great but I have read this and it is concerning.
Before this I was doing broths, white rice, and raw meats but I feel ravishly hungry and never satisfied.
In a good place and dry for a couple weeks now and I feel like it has been partially due to the fruits and juices taking the edge off and its very hard to over eat fruit or drink too much jiuce. i just get tired of juice and dont over consume it.

What do you eat if all that stuff causes endotoxin?

Hgreen56

I am coming from alcoholism and have replaced startches with fruit and feel great but I have read this and it is concerning.
Before this I was doing broths, white rice, and raw meats but I feel ravishly hungry and never satisfied.
In a good place and dry for a couple weeks now and I feel like it has been partially due to the fruits and juices taking the edge off and its very hard to over eat fruit or drink too much jiuce. i just get tired of juice and dont over consume it.

What do you eat if all that stuff causes endotoxin?
My diet is not perfect but i notice that i consume more sugar and saturated fat, my health in decreasing.
My arthritis is my knee is always a good indicator for this.
Saturated fat and sugar always increase inflammatory in my knees. And study's confirm this.
(MUFA suppress disease activity in RA patients and saturated fat increasing it).
i also noticed that on different arthritis forums that most people can't handle sugar or saturated fats because it makes pain a lot worse.
Mediterranean diet works mostly better for these guys

For me i am now back again on a high potato diet.
i was for a couple months on a high milk, low starch diet but i was making me more tired than energized.
i noticed sometimes that my heart beat was decreasing with 10 beats after a cup of milk :O
i also love rice but i noticed that my gym performance where suffering (rice = empty kcal)
So i am back on potato's as main carb source.
I know it has soluble fiber that feeds endotoxin but i eat everyday carrot, bamboo shoots and tons of wheat fiber (supplement) with it.
And thats works great despite the little gluten in wheat fiber.
i think that if i can poop 3 times a day there is no problem with endotoxin that building up in my body.

As fat source i only take Greek olive oil for now (i only trust the greek stuff) and 2 a 3 yolks sometimes.
My protein sources are lean beef, lean liver, and casein powder at the moment.
No more collagen powder for me. To much endotoxin and excitotoxins for me that cause heavy migraine in inflammation in my joints/tendons.

Its still not the perfect diet but i notice more benefits with this that than i go full peat.

you said that you replaced starches with fruit.
i don't think fruit will be a big problem if someones metabolic rate and intestines are healthy.
i you feel good, and not get bloat, that's always good indicator.
But the amount of kcal and carbs are very different, so watch out that you are not in a huge kcal deficit now ;-)

Last edited:
OP
S

SamYo123

My diet is not perfect but i notice that i consume more sugar and saturated fat, my health in decreasing.
Saturated fat and sugar always increase inflammatory in my knees. And study's confirm this.
(MUFA suppress disease activity in RA patients and saturated fat increasing it).
i also noticed that on different arthritis forums that most people can't handle sugar or saturated fats because it makes pain a lot worse.

i was for a couple months on a high milk, low starch diet but i was making me more tired than energized.
i noticed sometimes that my heart beat was decreasing with 10 beats after a cup of milk :O
i also love rice but i noticed that my gym performance where suffering (rice = empty kcal)
I know it has soluble fiber that feeds endotoxin but i eat everyday carrot, bamboo shoots and tons of wheat fiber (supplement) with it.
i think that if i can poop 3 times a day there is no problem with endotoxin that building up in my body.

As fat source i only take Greek olive oil for now (i only trust the greek stuff) and 2 a 3 yolks sometimes.
No more collagen powder for me. To much endotoxin and excitotoxins for me that cause heavy migraine in inflammation in my joints/tendons.

Its still not the perfect diet but i notice more benefits with this that than i go full peat.

i don't think fruit will be a big problem if someones metabolic rate and intestines are healthy.
But the amount of kcal and carbs are very different, so watch out that you are not in a huge kcal deficit now ;-)
I need the fructose for energy

Hgreen56

I need the fructose for energy
but in this topic of your you are saying that fructose is makes you bloat and cold.

What happens here is very simple.
When you eat fructose, its irritate your intestine and that cause bloating.
When you are intestine get irritated, serotonin and other stress hormones increase, and these are lowering your thyroid function and metabolic rate -> this makes you feeling cold.
You got the energy from fructose because you're stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are increasing.

probably you have leaky gut or something and so your intestine can't handle fructose.

I hope this will help you.

Last edited:
OP
S

SamYo123

but in this topic of your you are saying that fructose is makes you bloat and cold.

What happens here is very simple.
When you eat fructose, its irritate your intestine and that cause bloating.
When you are intestine get irritated, serotonin and other stress hormones increase, and these are lowering your thyroid function and metabolic rate -> this makes you feeling cold.
You got the energy from fructose because you're stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are increasing.

probably you have leaky gut or something and so your intestine can't handle fructose.

I hope this will help you.
Ok so why would oats/ soluble fiber be feeding good bacteria? While other people have the opposite?

Sitaruîm

What i have learn and have experienced by myself the last months is that endotoxin loves fructose. if you are hypothyroid and your metabolic rate = low (pooping less that 3 times a day)
than you don't want to eat stuff that endotoxin loves to feed them self with.
Fructose, soluble fiber, Fodmap, pectin, saturated fat are breeding grounds for endotoxin.
Yes, also saturated fat like coconut oil. The more double bonds in a fat, the LESS endotoxin get into the serum.
Endotoxin in your blood = inflammation everywhere.
Is the number of bowel movements that closely related to metabolism? My metabolism feels fine but it's unlikely that I have more than 1 bowel movement each day

reaching

I see! Thank you for answering.

When you noticed your heart rate dropping from milk, was the milk cold and did you drink it fast? I have noticed it is much better to sip milk at room or warm temperature or I just get gas and anxious.

So coconut oil is no good for your joints, I see. It has been making me so warm compared to beef fat or butter.
I wonder why is that. I often feel heavy if I use butter or tallow.

I was keeping track of calories at first to see how much I was eating and needed but havent kept up with it.
Ill keep an eye for that! Cheese and the coconut oil helps when cooking eggs or mushrooms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals