Starch - The Delicious Devil

Jennifer

This is an interesting response and I might ask if he could elaborate at all. I think we are all under the impression that RP eats some amounts of fiber, carrots, mushrooms, turnips, fruit, etc. I'm wondering now if these are more recommendations but not necessarily what he actually eats.

Ray has said this about fiber:

"They aren't necessary [FIBER], for example milk supports abundant bacterial growth that creates bulk, but when there are digestive and hormonal problems because of bad intestinal flora, the fibers of carrot and bamboo shoots have a disinfecting action. The carrots must be raw for that effect."

Due to the pain I experienced with fiber, I asked Ray back in February of 2015 if a fiber-free diet consisting of milk, cheese, shellfish, eggs, juice and small amounts of butter or coconut oil would be nutritionally complete and healthy to follow and he replied:

“I think fiber is always a risk (I avoid them all except for occasional well cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots, which are germicidal). The foods you list contain all the essential nutrients.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat

"They aren't necessary [FIBER], for example milk supports abundant bacterial growth that creates bulk, but when there are digestive and hormonal problems because of bad intestinal flora, the fibers of carrot and bamboo shoots have a disinfecting action. The carrots must be raw for that effect."

Due to the pain I experienced with fiber, I asked Ray back in February of 2015 if a fiber-free diet consisting of milk, cheese, shellfish, eggs, juice and small amounts of butter or coconut oil would be nutritionally complete and healthy to follow and he replied:

“I think fiber is always a risk (I avoid them all except for occasional well cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots, which are germicidal). The foods you list contain all the essential nutrients.”

My husband has some lower back pain too and I am thinking it is intestinal. I was looking for some stuff for him to read and that e-mail was a good one. I am gonna cut and paste your e-mail too for him to read. He is so frustrated that I am suggesting milk an oj because he want to chew his food. Funny cause he complains he can't find time to to eat lunch, so he eats his lunch at 3:00 and 4:00 too many times, than he isn't hungry for dinner till late and then it all just sits there, all night fermenting. So it seems milk and orange juice would solve that problem. Today is his first starch free day. We will see how it goes!

Jennifer

My husband has some lower back pain too and I am thinking it is intestinal. I was looking for some stuff for him to read and that e-mail was a good one. I am gonna cut and paste your e-mail too for him to read. He is so frustrated that I am suggesting milk an oj because he want to chew his food. Funny cause he complains he can't find time to to eat lunch, so he eats his lunch at 3:00 and 4:00 too many times, than he isn't hungry for dinner till late and then it all just sits there, all night fermenting. So it seems milk and orange juice would solve that problem. Today is his first starch free day. We will see how it goes!

It could very well be gut related, sure. My back pain intensifies if I’ve had something that has irritated my intestines and fiber is one of the main irritants for me. I can totally understand your husband’s frustration. I like chewing my food too so I always pair my milk with something solid—currently cheese and homemade white chocolate—but in the past I’ve also paired it with boiled eggs, egg salad, omelets, crustless quiche, meat/seafood mainly scallops and crab, homemade gummies and even ice cream, custards and pudding worked to satisfy that need to chew, mainly because I could scoop them with a spoon so it felt like actual eating. I hope it helps eliminate your husband’s back pain. Fingers crossed!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It could very well be gut related, sure. My back pain intensifies if I’ve had something that has irritated my intestines and fiber is one of the main irritants for me. I can totally understand your husband’s frustration. I like chewing my food too so I always pair my milk with something solid—currently cheese and homemade white chocolate—but in the past I’ve also paired it with boiled eggs, egg salad, omelets, crustless quiche, meat/seafood mainly scallops and crab, homemade gummies and even ice cream, custards and pudding worked to satisfy that need to chew, mainly because I could scoop them with a spoon so it felt like actual eating. I hope it helps eliminate your husband’s back pain. Fingers crossed!

That is great relatable stuff that hopefully makes him feel like he isn't alone in his situation. I will pass on your text again to him!

Jennifer

Hey girl how long before your lower pain went away getting the starches gone?

Starches never caused me lower back pain, just meat and fibrous veggies. My pain won’t fully go away until my spine straightens—the overcurvature due to the compression fractures puts pressure on my lumbar—but it’s been minimal since removing meat from my diet and supplementing with Progest-E and thyroid.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Starches never caused me lower back pain, just meat and fibrous veggies. My pain won’t fully go away until my spine straightens—the overcurvature due to the compression fractures puts pressure on my lumbar—but it’s been minimal since removing meat from my diet and supplementing with Progest-E and thyroid.

Ouch girl! I was looking at my husband's spine a couple and it looks really crooked! He has an appointment with a back doctor this Thursday. I am not hsppy for him to sign up for any doctor, but hopefully he will get some answers.

Dr. B

does that milk include pasteurized milk. pasteurized milk also supports abundant bacterial growth that creates bulk?

Jennifer

Ouch girl! I was looking at my husband's spine a couple and it looks really crooked! He has an appointment with a back doctor this Thursday. I am not hsppy for him to sign up for any doctor, but hopefully he will get some answers.

Oh, gosh. I hope nothing is wrong. I can totally understand your concern with having your husband see a doctor, but I think he’s wise to get his spine checked. If, for whatever reason, he isn’t satisfied with the treatment he received, he can always get a second opinion. It’s a bit of a PITB, but at least he’ll know what he’s dealing with and catch any potential issue before it becomes a devastating one.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh, gosh. I hope nothing is wrong. I can totally understand your concern with having your husband see a doctor, but I think he’s wise to get his spine checked. If, for whatever reason, he isn’t satisfied with the treatment he received, he can always get a second opinion. It’s a bit of a PITB, but at least he’ll know what he’s dealing with and catch any potential issue before it becomes a devastating one.

That is what he wants now, not the meds just the opinion.

Jennifer

does that milk include pasteurized milk. pasteurized milk also supports abundant bacterial growth that creates bulk?

In my experience, that includes pasteurized milk, yes. I obviously can’t speak for Ray but if I recall correctly, he used to drink the Lucerne brand, which is pasteurized.

AncestralJoy

I haven't read the whole thread of 20 pages lol so this may have already been spoken of but I recently read Katherina Daltons book 'Once a Month' about PMS and she talks about using a 3hrly starch diet on all progesterone candidates before trying progesterone.
She says starch because it is slower releasing than sugars and because the progesterone receptors are unable to funcition in the presence of adrenaline from low blood sugar therefore she has her ladies eating some starch every 3 hours for a week or two before starting on progesterone.
She is of the opinion a missed meal for some women can cause repercussions lasting up to 7 days.
Progesterone supplementation will likely not be effective in her eyes without ensuring the progesterone receptors are able to function properly.
It is interesting to me her view on starch and I have been feeling good following her loose guidelines re adding a starch most of the time at those 3hrly intervals though sometimes it is just fruit and juice.

Eberhardt

Try to avoid an xray and preferably even mri. The effects on general health is not at all good. In norway msm even had articles lately stated thay about 100 people a year (population ca 5mill) dies of cancer from overexposure to unneeded xrays!

Dr. B

Try to avoid an xray and preferably even mri. The effects on general health is not at all good. In norway msm even had articles lately stated thay about 100 people a year (population ca 5mill) dies of cancer from overexposure to unneeded xrays!
i thought MRIs are safe? isnt it just ct scans and xrays that are risky? what do MRI's do is it the magnetism that harms you? i thought rays article said MRI and ultrasound are safe. apparently some types of ultrasound can actually help you build more bone too?

Eberhardt

i thought MRIs are safe? isnt it just ct scans and xrays that are risky? what do MRI's do is it the magnetism that harms you? i thought rays article said MRI and ultrasound are safe. apparently some types of ultrasound can actually help you build more bone too?
You are sort of right. Xrays are (presumably) worse. And what you write is my impression of what Peat says too. But on the other hand after having strong side effects for months and actually googling the stuff in debt I found out that MRI's are not safe either. It is just much less researched due to the emphasiz on ionizing radiation making other radiationforms understudied and deemed safe. And yes it's the magnetism. After experience nausea, vertigo so I could barely walk straight and fatigue and brain fog after an (my first) MRI I learned that the magnetism does indeed to stuff (not surprising to be honest)- the vertigo comes from the water in the inner ear starting to rotate from the magnetism and is a known side effect. Isolated studies has (if I remember correctly) also shown mitochondrial damage and dysfunction, of unknown duration. Not exactly good. And about ultrasound I guess I have to be more positive. I recieved it several times a long time ago to help with tendonitis and it only made it worse. I know it can cause stress in fetuses. I think the healing effect it might have is mostly due to the shock and release effect (like PNF stretching) and a defence mechanism. Like adrenalin can actually heal stuff but hurts long time. I am not sure though. I personally dont like it but it is the number one choise for me if I should need a scan. Now there are technologies being developed just using infrared light that is really promizing so I hope that will be come more developed and put to use as I cant see that being so harmful even if there is such a thing as over-exposure to IR as well. Btw bones specifically respond to pressure stress. The sound stresses the bones. You can also build strong bones by repeatedly jumping of a box (or roof) hundreds of times a day. Sumo's does this.

Dr. B

You are sort of right. Xrays are (presumably) worse. And what you write is my impression of what Peat says too. But on the other hand after having strong side effects for months and actually googling the stuff in debt I found out that MRI's are not safe either. It is just much less researched due to the emphasiz on ionizing radiation making other radiationforms understudied and deemed safe. And yes it's the magnetism. After experience nausea, vertigo so I could barely walk straight and fatigue and brain fog after an (my first) MRI I learned that the magnetism does indeed to stuff (not surprising to be honest)- the vertigo comes from the water in the inner ear starting to rotate from the magnetism and is a known side effect. Isolated studies has (if I remember correctly) also shown mitochondrial damage and dysfunction, of unknown duration. Not exactly good. And about ultrasound I guess I have to be more positive. I recieved it several times a long time ago to help with tendonitis and it only made it worse. I know it can cause stress in fetuses. I think the healing effect it might have is mostly due to the shock and release effect (like PNF stretching) and a defence mechanism. Like adrenalin can actually heal stuff but hurts long time. I am not sure though. I personally dont like it but it is the number one choise for me if I should need a scan. Now there are technologies being developed just using infrared light that is really promizing so I hope that will be come more developed and put to use as I cant see that being so harmful even if there is such a thing as over-exposure to IR as well. Btw bones specifically respond to pressure stress. The sound stresses the bones. You can also build strong bones by repeatedly jumping of a box (or roof) hundreds of times a day. Sumo's does this.
so weightlifting builds bones too then?
even without calcium intake? what are bones made of when you build more bones via working out etc

Eberhardt

so weightlifting builds bones too then?
even without calcium intake? what are bones made of when you build more bones via working out etc
It absolutely does. It is even recommended mainstream for that purpose. Its a scale though. First you build muscle, then connective tissue then bones. Bones takes the longes so if you want to primarily build bones you need heavy static lifts for time. Like just standing for 10 minutes. Its time dependent with muscle being the fastest to form and bones the slowest. We are usually not calcium deficient its more of a metabolic and ph thing making Peat recommend that high calcium intake. Hunter gathereres f.ex dont have that high an intake at all.

SamYo123

That is what he wants now, not the meds just the opinion.

Dr. B

It absolutely does. It is even recommended mainstream for that purpose. Its a scale though. First you build muscle, then connective tissue then bones. Bones takes the longes so if you want to primarily build bones you need heavy static lifts for time. Like just standing for 10 minutes. Its time dependent with muscle being the fastest to form and bones the slowest. We are usually not calcium deficient its more of a metabolic and ph thing making Peat recommend that high calcium intake. Hunter gathereres f.ex dont have that high an intake at all.
how are we not calcium deficient then, with that little intake of hunter gatherers? they dont eat leaves, i thought they do eat the bones which actually have 2:1 calcium to phosphate, even more than milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals