Starch - The Delicious Devil

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“After decades of “education” to promote eating starchy foods, obesity is a bigger problem than ever, and more people are dying of diabetes than previously. The age-specific incidence of most cancers is increasing, too, and there is evidence that starch, such as pasta, contributes to breast cancer, and possibly other types of cancer.”
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Beans and lentils happen to be powerful anti-thyroid agents, so it isn't surprising to see indications of decreased aerobic capacity, resulting from decreased peak oxygen consumption( 5) in association with the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), if that syndrome is caused by chronic exposure to dietary legumes.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Naturally fermented sourdough is less harmful than standard or unleavened wheat products, but any starch tends to stimulate appetite by activating fat synthesis. The same number of calories in fruit would be less fattening, and would keep your blood sugar steadier, improve your sleep and mental energy." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707324043020.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In late 2012 we released our original report on arsenic in rice, in which we found measurable levels in almost all of the 60 rice varieties and rice products we tested.
Our most recent testing and analysis gave us some new information on the risk of arsenic exposure in infants and children through rice cereal and other rice products. We looked at data released by the Food and Drug Administration in 2013 on the inorganic arsenic content of 656 processed rice-containing products. We found that rice cereal and rice pasta can have much more inorganic arsenic—a carcinogen—than our 2012 data showed. According to the results of our new tests, one serving of either could put kids over the maximum amount of rice we recommend they should have in a week. Rice cakes supply close to a child's weekly limit in one serving. Rice drinks can also be high in arsenic, and children younger than 5 shouldn't drink them instead of milk. (Learn the new rice rules about weekly servings.)”

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Starch can be neutralized .
I usually bake my potato at high temperature...it is a completely different food compared to boiled potato

Dextrinization is the ultimate starch blocker
Adano Ley (Swami Nitty-Gritty) said, “Dextrinization is the ultimate starch blocker. When baked potato starch is dextrinized, the intestinal flora can convert the starch into a protein.”
Dextrinization converts starches into dextrose, also known as glucose – “brain sugar.”
According to Adano, all foods that are not eaten raw should be dextrinized at 180-200 degrees – an ancient Essene technique – for at least 20 minutes.
Most foods OTHER THAN GRAINS can be dextrinized for extended periods of time – the longer the better.
Adano cautioned, “A microwave oven cooks from the inside out. Food needs to be cooked from the outside in to dextrinize it. You can warm food in a microwave after it’s already dextrinized.”
Besides converting complicated starches into optically active dextrorotatary glucose, dextrinization neutralizes NITRATES and OXALATES.
Apple,
Do you use a steam convection countertop oven to cook your potatoes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals