Starch Makes Extremities Warm But Lowers Underarm Temp; Liquid Sugar Does The Opposite

Broco6679

I recently made the switch to sugar-only carb sources. This has meant a large liquid intake which I don't seem to handle well. During this time, my underarm temps have been much higher at 36.8-9c, but my hands and feet are ice cold, and my pulse is low at 60 bpm.

After reintroducing starch in the form of boiled potato and white rice, I've noticed my hands and feet are much warmer, yet my underarm temps are lower @ 36.2-6 c. My pulse is slightly higher at ~68 bpm.

I'm struggling to understand how my hands and feet are colder with significantly higher body temps in the absence of excess adrenaline (feel very calm / at ease). Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I have excessive urination which is always clear on the high liquid, sugar only diet. I think it might be too much liquid causing the issue, but I have no other way of hitting 500g of carbs p/d day without it.

ExD

A lot of cold liquid is going to stress the body out - you'll need to draw energy from your extremities to digest something that's significantly cooler than 37 degrees, and if it's pure sugar then it's not only depleted of protein and thus poor for overall thermogenesis, but it is nutrient depleted, and will cause further stress

I don' know why potatoes lower your underarm temp, unless it's a digestion problem. 750g of baby potatoes cooked well in a lot of butter is one of the best meals I have. Easy to digest, nutrient and protein dense, and highly thermogenic but it is also a nightshade and it is still a starch, so perhaps it is a metabollic issue and you should experiment - more salt, more butter, skin them, cook longer, eat less, eat more, test temps at different times etc

FTR I found a diet that hits all the macros and calories and fat soluable vitamins wasn't enough to bump my temp above 36.8.

a "pinch" (no joke) of brewer's yeast in a cup of tea though, sent my libido to the moon and bumped my temp above 37 and tasted better than pure sugar. Turns out all I was missing was some b vitamins cuz I hadn't been consuming liver like I used to, and they are required for proper metabolism of carbs - sugar is easier to digest relative to starch in a state of poor metabolism, so it could even be as simple as taking a b complex with your taters

somuch4food

A lot of cold liquid is going to stress the body out - you'll need to draw energy from your extremities to digest something that's significantly cooler than 37 degrees, and if it's pure sugar then it's not only depleted of protein and thus poor for overall thermogenesis, but it is nutrient depleted, and will cause further stress

I don' know why potatoes lower your underarm temp, unless it's a digestion problem. 750g of baby potatoes cooked well in a lot of butter is one of the best meals I have. Easy to digest, nutrient and protein dense, and highly thermogenic but it is also a nightshade and it is still a starch, so perhaps it is a metabollic issue and you should experiment - more salt, more butter, skin them, cook longer, eat less, eat more, test temps at different times etc

FTR I found a diet that hits all the macros and calories and fat soluable vitamins wasn't enough to bump my temp above 36.8.

a "pinch" (no joke) of brewer's yeast in a cup of tea though, sent my libido to the moon and bumped my temp above 37 and tasted better than pure sugar. Turns out all I was missing was some b vitamins cuz I hadn't been consuming liver like I used to, and they are required for proper metabolism of carbs - sugar is easier to digest relative to starch in a state of poor metabolism, so it could even be as simple as taking a b complex with your taters

Brewer's yeast is more than B vitamins. I get great dream recall from it. A B complex doesn't do that.

It could uridine, the minerals or the whole combination.

ExD

Brewer's yeast is more than B vitamins. I get great dream recall from it. A B complex doesn't do that.

It could uridine, the minerals or the whole combination.

It could be.

I'm making a small batch of pureed liver and ghee today to give my self a daily dose of b's without the yeast and see how it compares.