Starch Is Making My Teeth Sensitive And Causing Gum Issues

Everything was very good until I started on my no milk high potato experiment.

Now my gums are sensitive and I have a few patches that seem a little infected.

What is your experience with this? Will it go away?

Tarmander

I think gut bacteria have a hard time making vitamin k from starch fiber, and a much easier time with fruit fibers. Adding in more fruit and less rice made my teeth whiter.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Every time I introduce starch back into my diet, which has been many times now. Issues start eventually popping up. And every single time I come to the conclusion, starch is no good for me. I think after a certain amount of time, my liver just cannot keep up with all the extra endotoxin.

Will it go away?
After a few days(3 or so) of quitting starch. My gums swole up pretty big the last starch stint, now that I am no starch again, they are fine.

I so love rice and potatoes. But my body just cannot handle it. I can do it once every 4 or 5 days without a big hit. But if I start stacking days on top of days of starch, every single time, bad effects.

T

tca300

Been there, done that. Dont reccomended it.
Starch usually sticks to the teeth, and therefor could futher feed bacteria already present in the mouth, potentially leading to a mild or worse gingivitis. Cleaning the teeth/gums gently, and swishing with coconut oil a few times per day for about 10-20 minutes, and maybe at other times salt rinses can help get the bacteria under control.

OP
ecstatichamster
shoot. I am not drinking milk. The possibilities without starch seem quite limiting...

RMJ

Every time I introduce starch back into my diet, which has been many times now. Issues start eventually popping up. And every single time I come to the conclusion, starch is no good for me. I think after a certain amount of time, my liver just cannot keep up with all the extra endotoxin.

After a few days(3 or so) of quitting starch. My gums swole up pretty big the last starch stint, now that I am no starch again, they are fine.

I so love rice and potatoes. But my body just cannot handle it. I can do it once every 4 or 5 days without a big hit. But if I start stacking days on top of days of starch, every single time, bad effects.

if u think that its endotoxin related ... maybe try cooked potatos combined with raw carrot salad?

maybe it can negate the endotoxin damage

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
if u think that its endotoxin related ... maybe try cooked potatos combined with raw carrot salad?

maybe it can negate the endotoxin damage
I eat carrot salad regularly, just finished up a bowl right now. Starch does not do me good, no matter what kind of precautions I take. Starch is anti-metabolic for me.

schultz

How do you know it's not like lack of milk causing your issues?

What's your calcium : phosphorus ratio now with all these potatoes? Potatoes have a pretty abysmal ratio.

Xisca

I agree with the idea of coconut oil, and add the idea of BUTTER or GHEE.
Ghee has no milk in it, I homemake it.
I cannot have starch if not with fat.
I think there is a toxin problem in throat and sinus.
I am great with raw honey for carb, which means it has some antibacterial properties.

OP
ecstatichamster
@schultz I'm using about 800mg of calcium a day via eggshell. But it may not be enough I suppose.

I am taking K2 MK4, D3, E and mitolipin topically.

Xisca

I would say the reverse: what gives you gum and teeth issues will give you endotoxin problems...
It looks difficult to get rid of bacterias that are in gums, and especially in devitalised teeth, and also in tonsils and in sinus.
Shepherdgirl suggestions looks valid to me.

The bacterias give you the problem, and that is also why I suggested to have SF with your starch, and have less starch until you get rid of the problem, problem that I also have though less than you.

shepherdgirl

do endotoxins cause gum and teeth issues?

I don't know, but all i'm saying is there are cheap, easy ways to lower endotoxins and see whether that improves your symptoms at all.

Do you happen to be eating more acids - pineapples, gummy bears, etc? That always does a number on my teeth.

lvysaur

Potatoes make my teeth better, but I always eat them with butter or coconut oil.

Now my gums are sensitive and I have a few patches that seem a little infected.

If they were really infected you'd die from sepsis. Tooth and gum health is mostly dental hygiene and not internal.

Endotoxin is a specific bacteria and colon transit problem. Some may have to wipe everything out with penicillin and recolonize. But one ingestion of raw food like fruit can then have a kind of bacteria that will then recolonize and make you prone to endotoxin again.

Endotoxin is not specifically just a starch issue, even Peat said "as well as sugars." That includes fructose, sucrose and lactose.

What's Wrong With Sugar And Starch Combining

I think gut bacteria have a hard time making vitamin k from starch fiber, and a much easier time with fruit fibers. Adding in more fruit and less rice made my teeth whiter.

It depends on your k1 intake and your amount of the species of bacteria that convert it into k2. But there is also some evidence of non-gut bacteria tissue being able to make k2 in rats:

"These data offer conclusive proof that the tissue-specific formation of MK-4 from K is a metabolic transformation that does not require bacterial transformation to menadione as an intermediate in the process."

EIRE24

If they were really infected you'd die from sepsis. Tooth and gum health is mostly dental hygiene and not internal.

Endotoxin is a specific bacteria and colon transit problem. Some may have to wipe everything out with penicillin and recolonize. But one ingestion of raw food like fruit can then have a kind of bacteria that will then recolonize and make you prone to endotoxin again.

Endotoxin is not specifically just a starch issue, even Peat said "as well as sugars." That includes fructose, sucrose and lactose.

What's Wrong With Sugar And Starch Combining

It depends on your k1 intake and your amount of the species of bacteria that convert it into k2. But there is also some evidence of non-gut bacteria tissue being able to make k2 in rats:

"These data offer conclusive proof that the tissue-specific formation of MK-4 from K is a metabolic transformation that does not require bacterial transformation to menadione as an intermediate in the process."

Have you used the method of penicillin and repopulating the gut again?