Standing vs Sitting while at a computer - which is better and why ?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Thanks for posting this - definitely making a thread about this in the near future - the first chairs in ancient egypt were quiet short - only 10 inches tall for what i suspect is this exact reason

King tut.jpg

baudoman

My 2 cents:
The thing about standing is it makes you more likely to 'move' in general.. whether that's bringing up your knee and resting your foot on a stool, or stretching, etc.

Like everything else, it's best to mix it up and do both (i.e. moderation).

Either way - don't forget to use your grounding pad while working. Most cost effective option would be the universal mat: GoEarthing - We are Earthing Canada. Earthing-Grounding products for health in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Barefoot Connections products: universal mat and Earthing sheets. Earthing Starter Kit, Flip flops, Mouse Pad, Recovery Bag, and Patch Kit. Made by Earthing.com / Barefoot connections (Earthing connections) and Clint Ober.

Makrosky

@JamesGatz

I have also experienced "serotonergic symptoms" when doing sit-ups. That thing is not healthy at all.

One very important thing for working on the computer is using wireless keyboard and mouse and keep screen and computer as far as possible to avoid EMF. Also, make sure the desk doesn't have anyother cable or metallic piece close to your body. Some desks have metallic pieces below, just where you place your legs while seating and if that metallic piece is also close to any EMF source it will reach you.

Kb and mouse should also be far away from other cables. A bit of bluetooth RF is better than getting the computer elecgrical and magnetic fields sent through the kb and mouse cables (I have measured it).

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am using a Lavier ‘seat’, it rocks and keeps your back in balance. My back pain went away!

1644631756324.jpeg

Lollipop2

You can even practise standing without computer :)

Standing Meditation is the single most important and widely practiced form of qigong. It increases vitality, internal strength and fitness as well as overall body power. Standing meditation is a powerful method of healing the body from injuries and chronic illnesses.

View attachment 30684
This is the BEST exercise I have done. Amazing…