Stage 4 Kidney Cancer

jekneee

hello

Up until I was 30 I believed I was healthy, looking back I wasn't. I developed joint pain and my gp prescribed me diclofenic. later after I peed blood, I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer renal cell cancer.
I had my right kidney and adrenal gland removed and was told "we got it all" "go live your life". I asked if I could make any changes to my diet or lifestyle and the resounding answer was no. 4 years later I was told disease had returned. A private professor in oncology, working for a solicitor looked at all my previous 4 years worth of CT scans. Diesease had returned 3 months after I'd had my kidney removed, it was there quietly growing for 4 years before being spotted. I had failed surgery to remove the recurrence, 3 months later it was visible on CT scan. I was offered immunotherapy which I accepted, it seemed the best available option. Fortunately after just one scan, all disease was resolved. I was back to showing no evidence of disease. 18 months on and its made another appearance.
Over the last 2 years I have read several books, taken several off labels & supplements, changed my diet.
I have been offered further treatment which doesn't cure, but if i am lucky it can buy me some time. I have declined because immunotherapy did more harm than it did good. I was left with colitis, pneumonitis, uveitis & myositis. My body is full of inflammation which steroids haven't managed to treat.

I know disease will progress but for now I have my mobility and I am leading a relatively 'normal life'. I would like to extend my life for aslong as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

haidut

Forum Supporter
hello

Up until I was 30 I believed I was healthy, looking back I wasn't. I developed joint pain and my gp prescribed me diclofenic. later after I peed blood, I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer renal cell cancer.
I had my right kidney and adrenal gland removed and was told "we got it all" "go live your life". I asked if I could make any changes to my diet or lifestyle and the resounding answer was no. 4 years later I was told disease had returned. A private professor in oncology, working for a solicitor looked at all my previous 4 years worth of CT scans. Diesease had returned 3 months after I'd had my kidney removed, it was there quietly growing for 4 years before being spotted. I had failed surgery to remove the recurrence, 3 months later it was visible on CT scan. I was offered immunotherapy which I accepted, it seemed the best available option. Fortunately after just one scan, all disease was resolved. I was back to showing no evidence of disease. 18 months on and its made another appearance.
Over the last 2 years I have read several books, taken several off labels & supplements, changed my diet.
I have been offered further treatment which doesn't cure, but if i am lucky it can buy me some time. I have declined because immunotherapy did more harm than it did good. I was left with colitis, pneumonitis, uveitis & myositis. My body is full of inflammation which steroids haven't managed to treat.

I know disease will progress but for now I have my mobility and I am leading a relatively 'normal life'. I would like to extend my life for aslong as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kidney cancer is known to be driven by estrogen. Have you had your prolactin and hormones like androgens, estrogens, cortisol, etc checked?

Aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin D, and progesterone would probably be the most easily accessible things you can try. They all have studies showing therapeutic effects in various cancers (including kidney cancer), and they all happen to be anti-estrogenic. If prolactin/estrogen comes back high and these OTC remedies are not enough to normalize it, then you can ask your doctor for something like exemestane, which synergizes with those OTC remedies (especially with progesterone).
Just my 2c.

Giraffe

Did you have your thyroid checked?

I found the attached study a couple of years ago when I searched for lung cancer. There is also a mouse study (lung cancer).

Patients with advanced cancer of different sorts were given methimazole to depress T4 production, and they were given T3 to keep them euthyroid. TSH is inflammatory and (at least some forms of) cancers need TSH to progress.

Attachments

• Hypothyroxinemia May Extend Survival in Compassionate Need Cancer Patients__An Observational S...pdf
    848.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter

It is an option, but depending on how high prolactin/estrogen/TSH are and how low androgens are, additional measures may need to be taken. The higher dose aspirin + niacinamide combo is probably a core approach as it inhibits both oxidation and synthesis of fat (while estrogen promotes both) and as such should be useful in pretty much any cancer. HED of 3g-4g niacinamide can make liver cancer completely disappear and pancreatic cancer shrink to almost undetectable levels. Aspirin did the same, at least for liver cancer.

Elie

Forum Supporter
It is an option, but depending on how high prolactin/estrogen/TSH are and how low androgens are, additional measures may need to be taken. The higher dose aspirin + niacinamide combo is probably a core approach as it inhibits both oxidation and synthesis of fat (while estrogen promotes both) and as such should be useful in pretty much any cancer. HED of 3g-4g niacinamide can make liver cancer completely disappear and pancreatic cancer shrink to almost undetectable levels. Aspirin did the same, at least for liver cancer.
What about the abolishment of cortisol with the androgenic steroids (DHEA, progesterone, pregnenolone) as per some of the studies you shared recently where a synthetic analogue was used (Mifepristone (RU486))?.
Does that not have a universal effect on any cancer?

A related, but separate idea - would testing 24 hr urine cortisol be valuable

J.R.K

hello

Hey Jekneee! Pretty tough hand that you have been dealt. I hope that you can find some help here! I am not an expert on these matters. But I will share the little knowledge that I do have which hopefully helps a little. My two main thoughts would be to try to reduce and eliminate as much of the polyunsaturated fats from your diet as possible and try to keep all fats on the lowish side, the other would try to eliminate any excess iron from your diet, possibly using more coffee after a meal to chelate any excess iron you might have consumed. I understand that these two items play a role in the cancer metabolism and growth of tumours. Hope this helps best of everything to you!!!