Stacking D-ribose With B-vitamins?

success23

Hello.

D-ribose - DoctorMyhill

"ATP in releasing energy is converted to ADP (2-phosphates) which is recycled back through mitochondria to ATP (3-phosphates). However, if the system is really pushed then the body can extract energy from ADP by converting it into AMP (1-phosphate). The problem is that AMP is very slowly recycled, if at all, and most is lost from the cell. This means that the body has to make brand new ATP. This it does from D-Ribose and this it can do very quickly. The trouble is the body making D-Ribose. Normally this is made from glucose. However if the cell is lacking in energy then any glucose lying around can be converted to lactic acid to generate energy. The problem here is twofold - first of all the lactic acid causes pain. Secondly any glucose that was previously swilling around is now not available to make D-ribose.""

So a member of the forum posted this link to a diffirent thread. I have chronic low energy levels. The only thing that give me energy is coffee but the boost is very mild.

Do you think that the low levels of ATP can alter the metabolism of b-vitamins? I am asking because it seems a lot of the b-vitamins need ATP to be converted into their active forms and i never got any positive results when i took them. Of course it could be that i do not need them .. I will start a new job soon and i need all the energy i can get.

Should i give d-ribose a shot? If you have any experience with d-ribose please share it.

Thanks

Last edited:

alywest

Hello.

D-ribose - DoctorMyhill

"ATP in releasing energy is converted to ADP (2-phosphates) which is recycled back through mitochondria to ATP (3-phosphates). However, if the system is really pushed then the body can extract energy from ADP by converting it into AMP (1-phosphate). The problem is that AMP is very slowly recycled, if at all, and most is lost from the cell. This means that the body has to make brand new ATP. This it does from D-Ribose and this it can do very quickly. The trouble is the body making D-Ribose. Normally this is made from glucose. However if the cell is lacking in energy then any glucose lying around can be converted to lactic acid to generate energy. The problem here is twofold - first of all the lactic acid causes pain. Secondly any glucose that was previously swilling around is now not available to make D-ribose.""

So a member of the forum posted this link to a diffirent thread. I have chronic low energy levels. The only thing that give me energy is coffee but the boost is very mild.

Do you think that the low levels of ATP can alter the metabolism of b-vitamins? I am asking because it seems a lot of the b-vitamins need ATP to be converted into their active forms and i never got any positive results when i took them. Of course it could be that i do not need them .. I will start a new job soon and i need all the energy i can get.

Should i give d-ribose a shot? If you have any experience with d-ribose please share it.

Thanks

I actually tried the whole CFS protocol by Dr. Myhill which included D-Ribose. It's fine, actually, but if you get a supplement that is lower quality it supposedly tastes bad whereas it's supposed to taste sweet like sugar. Her protocol included Co-enzymated B3 which was a pill that you dissolve sublingually, and a few other things. It was actually great. I felt awesome when I did it but due to money concerns and getting pregnant I stopped completely. Things I noticed: better breathing, especially if I was working out (ie. cardio). Usually I get red in the face and feel so short of breath as soon as I start cardio, so that was a huge plus. Also, better general energy. It's something I've been thinking about doing again, bu it is a bit of a financial commitment. I noticed she has started selling the products on her website, so I would consider getting her d-ribose, but the other stuff is probably cheaper on amazon. One thing in there is l-acetyl carnitine which I thought was not Peat-y for some reason but I'm not sure. She also recommends b-12 shots, and I did find a resource online that sold b-12 in syringes that you could inject, but I felt really weird about it. I wish I could find a doctor who would give me a b-12 shot!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals