St. John's Wort: PSSD Eliminated, Anhedonia Gone, Emotions Online!

Mauritio

This study shows that ZE117 is also reduces the number of beta adrenoreceptors ,which might lower adrenaline, NO and help with cancer :

It also might help with anxiety and addiction as this thread showed:

Theres actually studies like this researching ZE117 for tobacco //nicotine addiction .

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I am experimenting with different types of SJW brands. This is now $500 later... and yet it seems that only the Ze 117 really seems to help me. It MUST be due to the LOW hyperforin content.

I also just released a video on SJW guys:

DragonRed25

Hi Lokzo, I think i have exactly the same problem you have. I took a lot of powdered ashwagandha (it came in 1 pound bags). I took like 2 spoons of that ***t every time. I started with Ashwagandha pills then I went with the raw 1lb Ashwagandha bag. Its been like 2 months and a half that I started taking Ashwagandha. I would like to know if your cure with St John Wort was permanent or you had to take it every time. Can you explain to me? Because you refer to cyproheptadine and SJW but you don't mention if you got over it completely. Which one do you recommand? I am extremely concerned about this because I feel like I haven't experienced my sexual side much and it would be a shame to have a permanent PSSD for life. I am only 28 years old!

korpesh

So, I just tried Remotiv for the first time earlier today (took two tabs), and a few hours later, for the first time in probably ten years, broke down crying at a person talking about some sad ***t on youtube. I was overcome by a sense of empathy for them and how so much of what they were saying resonated with my own life.

And it wasn't like some unproductive hopeless crying, it was like the type of crying I remember doing as a kid, where it was just sort of like actually cathartic and bad feeling were actually leaving me along with the tears. It was just really intense for about five minutes, and then I felt much better about stuff. Really weird, healthy sensation I can't remember having in a really long time as an adult. Might just be placebo, but doubtful as it's been so long since I've experienced anything like that, like a part of my emotions were becoming unstuck.

Anyway, I had tried SJW in the past, and don't remember it having any effect like this, so if you're dealing with depression or stuck emotions, this might be worth a shot. I got mine over ebay from a guy in Australia. Thanks for the suggestion on this stuff, interested to see how it continues!

Aad

What was your Remotiv protocol in the beginning Lokzo? I couldn't find out clearly on the first page.

korpesh

By the way, just an update on my own use, I decided to stop after 10 days of taking 250mg twice a day. I may try it again periodically, or in smaller dosages, but it started to seem like a weird mix of both beneficial and negative effects. Like for a few days it seemed to be helping with depression and making me less numb, able to feel more emotions, but then at some point it seemed to be making me almost too emotional, and a couple days really feeling despaired and lack of motivation for anything. I do, though, end up overlapping a lot of supplements, so it might have been some combined effect of something else I was taking?

Will probably revisit in the future in low doses to see if I can find the sweet spot. Seems like potent stuff though, if you have the exact chemical make up that needs what it is giving.

Makrosky

By the way, just an update on my own use, I decided to stop after 10 days of taking 250mg twice a day. I may try it again periodically, or in smaller dosages, but it started to seem like a weird mix of both beneficial and negative effects. Like for a few days it seemed to be helping with depression and making me less numb, able to feel more emotions, but then at some point it seemed to be making me almost too emotional, and a couple days really feeling despaired and lack of motivation for anything. I do, though, end up overlapping a lot of supplements, so it might have been some combined effect of something else I was taking?

Will probably revisit in the future in low doses to see if I can find the sweet spot. Seems like potent stuff though, if you have the exact chemical make up that needs what it is giving.
I tried remotiv a few times and I can relate your experience. First doses also made my emotions much more enjoyable (even tha supposedly bad ones like crying) but after a few days negatives overcome the positives. Anyway drugs/plants that are meant to be used long term do normally require a few weeks of stabilization no? Ups and downs are expected. I just didn't have the patience. Very low dose over a course of weeks should be a good experiment to try.

korpesh

I tried remotiv a few times and I can relate your experience. First doses also made my emotions much more enjoyable (even tha supposedly bad ones like crying) but after a few days negatives overcome the positives. Anyway drugs/plants that are meant to be used long term do normally require a few weeks of stabilization no? Ups and downs are expected. I just didn't have the patience. Very low dose over a course of weeks should be a good experiment to try.
Yep, I agree with all of that, it just got a bit overwhelming for the past few days, like I was suddenly turning into a completely confused overly-emotional weirdo. Hahaha. I was playing around with the idea of going with it as a half-dose (125mg) a day, which I actually might try after your point of the long-term stabilization. Amazing how powerful plant medicines can be.

Makrosky

Yep, I agree with all of that, it just got a bit overwhelming for the past few days, like I was suddenly turning into a completely confused overly-emotional weirdo. Hahaha. I was playing around with the idea of going with it as a half-dose (125mg) a day, which I actually might try after your point of the long-term stabilization. Amazing how powerful plant medicines can be.
Yes the overemotional thing is quite uncomfortable haha. Let us know if you give it a try with 125mg for a few weeks straight. I remember many years ago when taking SSRIs the first 3-4 weeks having weird effects then it kicks in fully and you become fully stabilized. Maybe it is the same with SJW.

And remotiv is not even SJW is a special formulation done for a purpose, I guess it should be treated almost like a drug.

miquelangeles

Does anyone know if Remotiv ZE117 has the same issues of photosensitivity or the low hyperforin content prevents that?
I think @Lokzo you noticed increased tanning while on it?

Makrosky

First of thank you for bringing up this topic !

We should look into what's really the difference between high and low hyperforin SJW.

On wiki you can see the different binding affinities for certain transporters ( with a low number beeing a strong binding affinity )
Here we see that hyperforin ,which is high in regular SJW, gives you lots of noradrenaline, dopamine AND serotonin .
With the DA:5HT ratio beeing 2:1 , so the net effect is twice as much dopamin reuptake inhibition than serotonin reuptake inhibition .
ReceptorKi (nanomoles)
Binding affinity (human receptors)
NeurotransmitterIC50 (nanomoles)[18]
Reuptake Inhibition
Norepinephrine80 ± 24
Dopamine102 ± 19
GABA184 ± 41
5-HT205 ± 45
Glutamate829 ± 687
Choline8500
D1595.8[20]

This study on SJW ZE 117 shows a DA:5HT ratio of 7:1 !!!
So you get 7 times more dopamin than serotonin!

This must be the culprit of this whole thing .

"The potencies for the uptake inhibition of NA, DA and 5‐HT were 30, 7 and 1, respectively."

The only thing that worries me slightly with SJW ZE 117 is that it increases noradrenaline even more than dopamin , 4 times as much ! Whereas hyperforin itself increases it only slightly more than dopamin .
On the other hand you can make a case for noradrenaline NOT beeing a stress hormone. I think especially in the brain.
This thread is interesting discussing this:
(Norepinephrine Is Not A Stress Hormone)
Excellent post Mauritio! Thanks!!!!!

Makrosky

I must say also the first two doses I took last summer I can consider them ALMOST psychedelic. I was lying in the grass under the sun and having some mild psychedelic visions. Insane and a bit scary, not in a bad way. I was just not expecting that.

Mauritio

Excellent post Mauritio! Thanks!!!!!
You're welcome.
Care to share the German websites?
I got this one . The ones from Germany are almost all from the same manufacturer, Korean ginseng GmbH, which I talked to over email to make sure it's really the kind of st. John's wort we're talking about here .

Makrosky

You're welcome.

I got this one . The ones from Germany are almost all from the same manufacturer, Korean ginseng GmbH, which I talked to over email to make sure it's really the kind of st. John's wort we're talking about here .
Thanks man!

miquelangeles

I definitely got a nice tanning effect when using the SJW.

Sounds like it wasn't bothersome in your case :):
Did you spend any significant time in the sun while on it? Or it was just regular outdoor routine. Did the light bother your eyes more than usual?
Some supplements can actually make you feel unwell while in the sun, not just sensitizing the skin. I had such experience with gotu kola.
Going to grab some Remotiv in a few hours, it's available locally in most pharmacies.
Currently spending ~6hrs per day at the beach so I already have a pretty deep tan and my skin defenses should be upregulated.
Gonna try dosing 2-3 times a week hopefully it won't cause any issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals