St. John's Wort: PSSD Eliminated, Anhedonia Gone, Emotions Online!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Any update on this?
How did you dose initially day by day?

I still use SJW til this day.

What I have realised is that a single tablet of Ze 117 can last up to 3 days.

I notice increased tanning effect/darkening of skin.

It also makes me more nostalgic and brings the emotions back online. I want this. I do not care if it helps me feel SAD or hurt from events that occur in my life. My default mode has been ROBOTIC and numbed out, which has been absolutely incredible for productivity and business ventures (My IG, YouTube, and website all taking off finally).

I also notice that it makes me wake up with MORE ENERGY. This is particularly noticeable as I wake up after 7 hours sleep BUZZING with energy to train.

It is still doing wonders for the PSSD too.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I started in on the SJW, and have tapered Cyproheptadine to .5 every third day after using that same dosage continuously through the spring and summer. I have purchased the Gaia brand of SJW, which is not cheap at my local store. (Not sure how this compares to @Lokzo brand but it is additive free?)

In the past I used Perika for ages (well before Peat) and now I realize why I like taking Cyproheptadine so much. It seems like they touch on the same nerve or headspace, which they objectively do. The sum total effect is antidepressant. (Although Cypro imparts a sort of emotional blank space after taking it for a while. It’s almost like, in the throes on strong Cypro usage, you could bonk me on my mouth breathing head and I would smile back at you contentedly.)

I will say that there is something about the SJW that I am currently taking that is somewhat stimulating. I also feel kind of weird, with mild bouts of agitation when I take it early in the day. I’m not sure what this is, but I can guess that it’s the effect of serotonin making a small reentry into my headspace. I also feel, vaguely, the urge to buy ***t on the internet or go to the grocery store, which is a contrast to how Cyproheptadine might make me regularly feel.

Anyway, just thought I would chime in. My objective is to get back into form in the gym and also stay not depressed but I think continuous Cypro use is anti androgenic

Hey man!

Are you also the guy that got damaged by Ashwagandha!?!!?

Cypro is a super interesting compound, and I can relate to a lot of what you said too.

I see strategic use of it at 2-3 times per month use MAX, and capping it at .5mg.

Wow, I actually noticed worsening of symptoms from the Perika brand. Whereas the Ze 117 makes me feel a lot better.

What you said about smiling back at someone if the bonked you, that is hilarious, I can relate!!

SJW is certainly stimulating.

If I take it before bed it makes it slightly challenging to fall asleep.

It does interact with adenosine signalling: "Hypericin has been shown to have a strong affinity for sigma receptors, which regulate dopamine levels. It also acts as a receptor antagonist at adenosine"

The agitation is noticeable on occassions, but I don't mind this effect, keeps me focused on my work lol.

dukesbobby777

Anyone in this thread has tried Bromantane, BPC-157, Agmatine Sulfate or NSI-189?

Agmatine I noticed hardly any effects. Very lame compared to what you read about it. Plus the anecdotal reports online speak of how life changing it has been for some people.

NSI, I also found barely detectable in effects. I envisaged it being something similar to something like tianeptine, in that it would perhaps feel like a ‘smart drug’. Noticed hardly anything from it.

Bromantane, is just way too expensive for something that is apparently so mild/subtle in its effects. So I haven’t tried that one.

dukesbobby777

It would be interesting to compare the Ze 117 brand (that has hypericin, but barely any hyperforin) with something like SC27, that contains high hyporforin and barely any hypercin, to try and get a clear idea of the difference in effects between the two compounds.

Harryo

Hi everyone, I've been trying Anastore's SJW ( Here the product ) for about 10 days, I don't know but more than antidepressant it seems depressive to me. Nothing unmanageable of course but it must be said. Could it be a transient effect? Because I have read that some people before seeing improvements had worsening ones.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
It would be interesting to compare the Ze 117 brand (that has hypericin, but barely any hyperforin) with something like SC27, that contains high hyporforin and barely any hypercin, to try and get a clear idea of the difference in effects between the two compounds.

I already compared the Ze 117 to PERIKA brand, and the Perika brand made me PARANOID, hyper energetic and on edge. Panic attack feelings.

But the Ze 117 exerts NONE of these effects. Its crazy how the same herb can have DRAMATICALLY different effects based upon the extraction processn and standardized constituents.

dukesbobby777

I already compared the Ze 117 to PERIKA brand, and the Perika brand made me PARANOID, hyper energetic and on edge. Panic attack feelings.

But the Ze 117 exerts NONE of these effects. Its crazy how the same herb can have DRAMATICALLY different effects based upon the extraction processn and standardized constituents.

Ah yeah,I think perika is standardized to contain significant amounts of both hyporforin and hypercin. And similar with Kira (although even those two have differing effects from each other).

But I’m going to give ze117 a try I think.

dukesbobby777

Is there anywhere in the UK you can buy Ze 117?

I found this one. Seems ok priced:

Jing

I found this one. Seems ok priced:

Thanks.

dukesbobby777

I tried this version of SJW, and it wasn’t for me. So my comment about it not suiting some types of people still applies. To me, it seemed to increase serotonin, and not much else. But I’m a paradoxical case. SSRIs (the most potent serotonin increasers) give me apathy and further anhedonia, at a more extreme level.

I get limited results from things that are also dopaminergic (which I presume is partly where SJWs mood effects occur). It also made me feel slightly agitated.

Mauritio

First of thank you for bringing up this topic !

We should look into what's really the difference between high and low hyperforin SJW.

On wiki you can see the different binding affinities for certain transporters ( with a low number beeing a strong binding affinity )
Here we see that hyperforin ,which is high in regular SJW, gives you lots of noradrenaline, dopamine AND serotonin .
With the DA:5HT ratio beeing 2:1 , so the net effect is twice as much dopamin reuptake inhibition than serotonin reuptake inhibition .
Reuptake Inhibition
NeurotransmitterIC50 (nanomoles)[18]
Binding affinity (human receptors)
ReceptorKi (nanomoles)
Norepinephrine80 ± 24
Dopamine102 ± 19
GABA184 ± 41
5-HT205 ± 45
Glutamate829 ± 687
Choline8500
D1595.8[20]

This study on SJW ZE 117 shows a DA:5HT ratio of 7:1 !!!
So you get 7 times more dopamin than serotonin!

This must be the culprit of this whole thing .

"The potencies for the uptake inhibition of NA, DA and 5‐HT were 30, 7 and 1, respectively."

The only thing that worries me slightly with SJW ZE 117 is that it increases noradrenaline even more than dopamin , 4 times as much ! Whereas hyperforin itself increases it only slightly more than dopamin .
On the other hand you can make a case for noradrenaline NOT beeing a stress hormone. I think especially in the brain.
This thread is interesting discussing this:
(Norepinephrine Is Not A Stress Hormone)

Last edited:

Mauritio

Anybody else tried this ?

BTW remotiv is also order able from germany theres several websites you can order it from .
For Switzerland you need a prescription.

Harryo

I took St. John's wort for a month then I stopped because the erection decreased. I prefer to ****.

Mauritio

I took St. John's wort for a month then I stopped because the erection decreased. I prefer to ****.
Did u take the regular version or ZE117?

Harryo

This : https://en.anastore.com/articles/SC25_st_john_s_wort.php

It probably works as an antidepressant given the effects. But i think not it changes from the ZE119 or not. Like as ZE117 this hypericum extract is standardised to contain 0,3% hypericin. Any quality St. John's Wort is more likely to function as an antidepressant and consequently inactivate sexual function than the effects described in this discussion. It is possible that these effects are due to an individual secondary mechanism.

Mauritio

This : St. John's Wort

It probably works as an antidepressant given the effects. But i think not it changes from the ZE119 or not. Like as ZE117 this hypericum extract is standardised to contain 0,3% hypericin. Any quality St. John's Wort is more likely to function as an antidepressant and consequently inactivate sexual function than the effects described in this discussion. It is possible that these effects are due to an individual secondary mechanism.
I looked at this one too and I think its not the ze117 .
The pro sexual affects are inline with the pro-dopamine affect of ze117. As I described earlier ze117 inhibits dopamine reuptake 7 times more than serotonin . And dopamin itself is the strongest TPH inhibitor inside the body.