St. John's Wort: PSSD Eliminated, Anhedonia Gone, Emotions Online!

GreekDemiGod

I remember drinking wort tea, it was soothing to my stomach, it warmed my body,kind of gave me an L-Theanine effect

lilsticky

FLORDIS is a brand that sells specific extracts such as SJW Ze 117. somebody on reddit said that the desired active substance in SJW supplements are basically random and unpredictable, its probably why people have such inconsistent results with something like SJW or Valerian root

Last edited:

orangeUglad

"Entranced by the music. Tickles and goosebumps are back."

Until recent years I always was able to go like that, day after day. Feeling everything to the maximum. I was able to even rewatch a movie 5 times and still laugh about something in the movie.
Sometimes I was watching shows and laughing a good 10minutes without stopping and my belly was hurting. Not each day, but often.

But such ultra high spirits has it's drawbacks, people will lie like the is no tomorrow to you if they figure you are high spirits and do not say anything back.
Not to mention how many fake promises you get that way. Being less high spirits will get you pretty much no promises in nothing and no disappointment.
No regrets here about that type of feeling not being no more, only that I realized many people wanted to be around me and after years I realized no one was doing anything I asked them to do and pretty much all kind of low responsibility people flocked around.
People love to sit in and soak up those high vibes from others...forsure doesn't mean they give a crap about you or even care about you...they just like the way YOU make THEM feel. Haha had to learn that one the hard way

nomoreketones

I've been researching this further and it looks like for PSSD a St John's Wort product high in Hypercin but low in Hyperforin is needed.

Hyperforin blocks the reuptake of serotonin and that is NOT the effect we need to reverse PSSD.

I don't know why higher is Hypercin desired. Maybe Hypercin is what re-sensitizes the serotonin auto-receptor that blocks dopamine release? Or maybe the high Hypercin extracts are low in Hyperforin and that is why those extracts are desirable?

The extract that Lokzo uses ze 117 contains up to 0.3% hypericin and low amounts of hyperforin (≤ 0.2%). I can't find a source of this in the United States so I ordered it from Australia.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Strength-Johns-Capsules-Non-GMO/dp/B07V2N77NT
I found this Brand on Amazon - much cheaper and they advertise high hypericin but they don't say anything about hyperforin so that possibly could be high too. Unless it can be verified that this brand is low in hyperforin it will probably be too risky to try.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey @nomoreketones

So, You are spot on...

I tried PERIKA brand of SJW, and it made EVERYTHING worse... although I felt highly motivated and driven still, just more robotic and numb.

This REMOTIV Ze 117 brand is one that I know works for me every single time.

I only use it like twice a week now and that is enough for a maintenance to keep me feeling good.

The Hypercin is what re-sensitizes the serotonin auto-receptor that blocks dopamine release, but I think its actually via facilitating oxytocin release via 5-HT1A receptor upregulation.

Next step will be to try oxytocin.

nomoreketones

Hey @nomoreketones

So, You are spot on...

I tried PERIKA brand of SJW, and it made EVERYTHING worse... although I felt highly motivated and driven still, just more robotic and numb.

This REMOTIV Ze 117 brand is one that I know works for me every single time.

I only use it like twice a week now and that is enough for a maintenance to keep me feeling good.

The Hypercin is what re-sensitizes the serotonin auto-receptor that blocks dopamine release, but I think its actually via facilitating oxytocin release via 5-HT1A receptor upregulation.

Next step will be to try oxytocin.

I found your PSSD video on YouTube. Thanks for posting that.

A few years ago I tried St Johns Wort and I did get a window out of it. But I was spooked by reading that it was a SNRI. Eventually the bottle expired and I threw it out. I then got powder St. Johns Wort and that didn't work at all. So I gave up on it. I am so excited that a standardized version of it is out even if I have to order it from the other side of the world.

Have you ever tried stacking 9-MBC at the same time you were using ZE 117?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I found your PSSD video on YouTube. Thanks for posting that.

A few years ago I tried St Johns Wort and I did get a window out of it. But I was spooked by reading that it was a SNRI. Eventually the bottle expired and I threw it out. I then got powder St. Johns Wort and that didn't work at all. So I gave up on it. I am so excited that a standardized version of it is out even if I have to order it from the other side of the world.

Have you ever tried stacking 9-MBC at the same time you were using ZE 117?

Amazing brother!

Yeah the Ze117 is good stuff.

I also got a good effect from the SJW tea! It helped as well, after 3 days of usage.

I am about to grab some more 9-MBC, but I will be breaking the law to travel outside the 5km LOCKDOWN zone to pick it up LOL.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@nomoreketones @Lokzo
What about this supplier in Bulgaria Remotiv 250mg Tablets x 30

If you use them let me know how the experience went :):

The specific extract of St John's wort used in Remotiv (Ze 117) contains consistently low levels (<1%) of the constituent hyperforin, which is considered responsible for the interaction between some St John's wort products and certain medications. High levels of hyperforin affect liver function and increase the speed at which these drugs are broken down in the body. However, as Remotiv contains negligible amounts, the risk of interaction is considered to be reduced.

Looks like it's what you're after!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Tempting to see if the Hypericin is the constituent that does all the magic.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 7.59.12 pm.png

$450 for 1mg!!!!

ilhanxx

I used solgar hypericin version in the past, it gave me extreme anger and irritability also eye sensitivity.

Arnold Grape

I started in on the SJW, and have tapered Cyproheptadine to .5 every third day after using that same dosage continuously through the spring and summer. I have purchased the Gaia brand of SJW, which is not cheap at my local store. (Not sure how this compares to @Lokzo brand but it is additive free?)

In the past I used Perika for ages (well before Peat) and now I realize why I like taking Cyproheptadine so much. It seems like they touch on the same nerve or headspace, which they objectively do. The sum total effect is antidepressant. (Although Cypro imparts a sort of emotional blank space after taking it for a while. It’s almost like, in the throes on strong Cypro usage, you could bonk me on my mouth breathing head and I would smile back at you contentedly.)

I will say that there is something about the SJW that I am currently taking that is somewhat stimulating. I also feel kind of weird, with mild bouts of agitation when I take it early in the day. I’m not sure what this is, but I can guess that it’s the effect of serotonin making a small reentry into my headspace. I also feel, vaguely, the urge to buy ***t on the internet or go to the grocery store, which is a contrast to how Cyproheptadine might make me regularly feel.

Anyway, just thought I would chime in. My objective is to get back into form in the gym and also stay not depressed but I think continuous Cypro use is anti androgenic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals