SSRI Withdrawal And Replacement

BeckyNoodle

I’ve been on antidepressants for nearly 10 years. Have tried to get off them a few times but debilitating psychological and physiological symptoms lead me back.
Currently on escitalopram (lexapro) 10mg. Have implemented peat inspired nutrition so hoping to have another trial at a reduction. Wondering what supplements anyone can suggest based on their understanding of the process involved?
My experience is that after about 2-3 months without them I am riddled with a stress fight or flight like response characterised by acute anxiety, insomnia, depression and PTSD symptoms.
Would really appreciate non-authoritarian suggestions and thoughts.

biggirlkisss

I hear that some use other drugs like prozac for it long half life to get off them. One doctor did bioidential T and got people off them. Doing things to improve your health probably helps with withdrawn. Going slow is a good idea.

Dobbler

Maintain high carb / low PUFA diet with easily digestible food, and if you eat starch then well cooked peeled potatoes are your best choice. Supplement wise Peat would suggest pregnenolone , progesterone , DHEA small amounts, cyproheptadine, and thyroid, starting with small amounts. For learning further i would listen podcasts and interviews of RP , Haidut (type Georgi Dinkov to youtube) and Danny Roddy.

Uselis

Hey,

do you taper or each time you just stop mrdication abruptly? I believe very slow is the way to go since nervous system becomes hypersensitive to abrupt changes.