SSRI Drugs Impair Judgment, Wisdom, Understanding, Love And Empathy

bdawg

High Cortisol / Testosterone Ratio As A Likely Cause Of PTSD

Methylene Blue As A Treatment For Manic Depressive Psychosis

Blocking Blue Light Can Cure Bipolar Disorder

Prevention of stress-induced morphological and cognitive consequences. - PubMed - NCBI
"Atrophy and dysfunction of the human hippocampus is a feature of aging in some individuals, and this dysfunction predicts later dementia. There is reason to believe that adrenal glucocorticoids may contribute to these changes, since the elevations of glucocorticoids in Cushing's syndrome and during normal aging are associated with atrophy of the entire hippocampal formation in humans and are linked to deficits in short-term verbal memory."

Fluoxetine-induced stuttering. - PubMed - NCBI

Studies suggest the brain basis of stuttering – Neuropatterning for stutterers
"There are single case reports of beneficial effects on stuttering with the beta-blocker drugs propranolol and betaxolol...There are reported cases of fluoxetine (Prozac) causing stuttering in nonstutterers."

Brief communication: pathological narcissism in bipolar disorder patients. - PubMed - NCBI
"when manic, bipolar patients do appear similar to the narcissistic group, sharing 12 out of 14 of the identifying criteria for NPD. The results support the inclusion of mania in the differential diagnosis of NPD."

Emotional lability secondary to the application of a very potent topical corticosteroid
"Patients with Cushing's syndrome may suffer with psychiatric disturbance including emotional lability [excessive crying of laughing], euphoria, depression, psychosis, or mania."

Splitting in Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder
[black and white thinking]

Basal cortisol and DHEA levels in women with borderline personality disorder. - PubMed - NCBI
"The patients' [with borderline personality disorder] cortisol secretions decreased relatively less steep during the day than it did in the controls. Surprisingly, morning DHEA levels were significantly higher in the patients than in the controls. "

How can high serotonin resemble high cortisol when SSRIs lower cortisol?: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jir/2013/267871/

DaveFoster

How can high serotonin resemble high cortisol when SSRIs lower cortisol?: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jir/2013/267871/

SSRI's are not the same as injecting straight serotonin.
Right; SSRI's have mixed effects. It's better to distance these drugs from any concrete ideas of "serotonin" and "cortisol" in explaining their impact on physiology.

Honestly, I don't have a good understanding of how SSRI's work, and if you want to know the truth, neither do psychiatrists! I talked to my psych about allopregnenolone, and she every time I mention it, she smiles. Recently, she went to conference, and they were offering some hypotheses on how SSRI's alleviate symptoms of depression (along with a whole host of other drugs; the MAOI's, tricyclics, tetracyclics, dopaminergic drugs, amphetamines, DRI's, SNRI's, etc.); they don't know! They have rough ideas on how it can upregulate cAMP, but besides that, no one knows!

Drareg

Right; SSRI's have mixed effects. It's better to distance these drugs from any concrete ideas of "serotonin" and "cortisol" in explaining their impact on physiology.

Honestly, I don't have a good understanding of how SSRI's work, and if you want to know the truth, neither do psychiatrists! I talked to my psych about allopregnenolone, and she every time I mention it, she smiles. Recently, she went to conference, and they were offering some hypotheses on how SSRI's alleviate symptoms of depression (along with a whole host of other drugs; the MAOI's, tricyclics, tetracyclics, dopaminergic drugs, amphetamines, DRI's, SNRI's, etc.); they don't know! They have rough ideas on how it can upregulate cAMP, but besides that, no one knows!

You can't be serious here,it's even on Wikipedia,they are completely deluded.

It must be noted though that hydrocortisone can alleviate a lot of issues initially also.

DaveFoster

You can't be serious here,it's even on Wikipedia,they are completely deluded.

It must be noted though that hydrocortisone can alleviate a lot of issues initially also.
I'm going off of what she said. There's not a whole lot of incentive for psychiatrists to understand how these drugs work; they prescribe them all the same because they alleviate symptoms.

milk

If Dave Foster doesn't know how something works then you better believe nobody does.

Drareg

I'm going off of what she said. There's not a whole lot of incentive for psychiatrists to understand how these drugs work; they prescribe them all the same because they alleviate symptoms.

That's worse! This is why the word psychopathy is popping up in mainstream when you mention psychologists these days,as it's the psyches who are psycho.
The system just numbs them until they become box tickers for a salary.

TeslaFan

psycho-the-rapist

sladerunner69

Would ritalin be considerred a ssri class drug? I am considerring taking it because according to one study it can increase 5ar1 making it potentially very useful for post finasteride sufferers like myself. I am concerned about dependency as well as pushing serotonin agonism further.

Drareg

Not sure if it's mentioned yet but ssri's have been shown to upregulate 3a-hsd enzymes.
Very interesting enzyme which appears tissue specific in some cases,for men it breaks down DHT,it's expressed I the heart and muscle tissue,I'm sure the brain also.
We discussed on here how it's regulated is relative to oxidative metabolism,it seems the mainstream view is not entirely accurate.

From the gospel of wiki-
"Various antidepressants, including the SSRIs fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, and paroxetine, the SNRI venlafaxine, and mirtazapine, have been found to activate certain 3α-HSD enzymes, resulting in a selective facilitation of 5α-dihydroprogesterone conversion into allopregnanolone. This action has been implicated in their effectiveness in affective disorders, and has resulted in them being described as selective brain steroidogenic stimulants (SBSSs).[6][7][8]"

Atheism is the biggest delusion out there,the high priest is Richard Dawkins and high priestess is gyno man Daniel Dennett.
The underlying biology of these 2 influence their perceptions,Dawkins is clearly homosexual and suppressing this through intellectualism,he would perceive more coherently if he was open about his sexuality instead of perpetuating one of the greatest frauds in history-Neo Darwinism as vent for suppressed sexuality and rage against Christian attitudes to homosexuality.

MUH big bang!

MUH chaotic random universe!

MUH order out of chaos!

MUH primordial soup!

MUH origins of species!

MUH selfish genes!

MUH MUH MUH

As far as I can tell, the real problem is Benzos. The most evil and creepily selfish behavior I've ever seen in my life was from people on them.

Edit: And the Benzo stare... the creepiest thing in the world. Will calmly talk to you and stare straight through you without moving their eyes at all.

Sounds like lowered social stress. We're all under varying amounts of social stress, which is what leads to our moral behavior. Reduced stress, whether from drugs or high social rank , leads to immoral, selfish behavior. That's partly why bad men are seen as attractive.

Regina

MUH big bang!

MUH chaotic random universe!

MUH order out of chaos!

MUH primordial soup!

MUH origins of species!

MUH selfish genes!

MUH MUH MUH

Sounds like lowered social stress. We're all under varying amounts of social stress, which is what leads to our moral behavior. Reduced stress, whether from drugs or high social rank , leads to immoral, selfish behavior. That's partly why bad men are seen as attractive.
"Reduced stress, whether from drugs or high social rank , leads to immoral, selfish behavior." wuhhh??
:nonono

Herbie

I have a friend who grew up in scientology and anything that has 'psych' in it they run a million miles. He told me a story how his father had to go in to a psych ward and kidnap a fellow scientologist out of there. They take it seriously and these were low ranking members who are trying to be good citizens.

From what I can observe the psychiatrists are gate keepers of society because they determine if people are to be removed from it. They assist people to cope in the current environment instead of recognising that the environment is the problem and that it needs to be changed. They maintain the status quo for the ruling class of whoever is running the joint allegedly.

Like psychiatrists say, some people need ssri just to help them through a difficult time in their lives but when the difficult time doesn't change then they keep taking the ssri because thats as far as the profession goes. Its not a solution if the person isn't changing their environment. Learned helplessness.

It could be viewed as an insurance, if they dull down a person who shows signs of not conforming to the christian values of society they medicate them to prevent them from sinning.

I have read that the bad boy attraction phenomenon could be because the bad boys are more neurotic and narcissistic and women who express these traits are attracted to it and more relatable. Note that that its not bad man its bad boy.

"Reduced stress, whether from drugs or high social rank , leads to immoral, selfish behavior." wuhhh??
:nonono

It has been shown both in the lab and in life that power reduces empathy and moral behavior. Certainly, there's a self selection bias; those who crave power are likely immoral to begin with. But regardless of age, gender, race, or social standing, power has a strong effect on the psychology of those it is bestowed upon.

Psychopaths have reduced stress and more specifically reduced social stress.

Classic narcissists have reduced social stress, as a result of a delusional belief in their omnipotence. Their delusions of granduer and magical thinking mimics the effect of having actual power, as can be seen in their lack of empathy, disregard for social norms and mercenerial approach to life.

This isn't true across all cultures, I'm talking individualistic, hyper-competitive western culture.

I have read that the bad boy attraction phenomenon could be because the bad boys are more neurotic and narcissistic and women who express these traits are attracted to it and more relatable. Note that that its not bad man its bad boy.

I said bad men for a reason. Men who break social strictures are more attractive to women because they display high rank or potential for high rank.

The bad boy attraction you're talking about is a toned down pop-psychology version of a real phenomenon.

Herbie

I said bad men for a reason. Men who break social strictures are more attractive to women because they display high rank or potential for high rank.

The bad boy attraction you're talking about is a toned down pop-psychology version of a real phenomenon.

good points, Thanks.

dand

They relieve anxiety and/or depression in lots of people, and sometimes that justifies the side effects. Do you really not believe that?

Safer alternatives that support healthy physiology and oxidative metabolism.

Drareg

Some would say it's all Meaning ,personal meanings and perceptions

This how some of the nazis who had a direct hand in burning corpses live until their 90's.
Meaning/energy/matter are 1 unit working together. When anyone of these 3 change they all change.

Ignorance being bliss is a fundamental concept of reality it seems,ignorance can also be pain.

Regina

It has been shown both in the lab and in life that power reduces empathy and moral behavior. Certainly, there's a self selection bias; those who crave power are likely immoral to begin with. But regardless of age, gender, race, or social standing, power has a strong effect on the psychology of those it is bestowed upon.

Psychopaths have reduced stress and more specifically reduced social stress.

Classic narcissists have reduced social stress, as a result of a delusional belief in their omnipotence. Their delusions of granduer and magical thinking mimics the effect of having actual power, as can be seen in their lack of empathy, disregard for social norms and mercenerial approach to life.

This isn't true across all cultures, I'm talking individualistic, hyper-competitive western culture.

Okay. In your first sentence, I think, "what power?"

Barliman

They relieve anxiety and/or depression in lots of people, and sometimes that justifies the side effects. Do you really not believe that?
They are nowhere near as good as they are made out to be. Metanalyses show only a marginal advantage over placebo - (ie 66% improvement on SSRIs and 64% on placebo. Other studies have shown that they have equal efficacy to a program of prescribed exercise, but the relapse rate was lower in the exercise group).

They are a little better in severe anxiety and probably best in OCD.

They are overprescribed. Guidelines for management of depression (apart from severe suicidal depression) in Europe recommend 6 months of psychotherapy before using them.

The biggest issue is the risk of akathisia (severe physical agitation) in the first few weeks.That can cause suicide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom