SSRI Drugs Impair Judgment, Wisdom, Understanding, Love And Empathy

Drareg

You could say that, although I'm currently in a transitional period where I don't have many real obligations. However, a lot of my ambitions, such as building a career in music, are things that require a lot of energy and self-motivation, and as of now, I'm feeling like I don't have the energy to advance.

I don't want to change my career path or ambitions, I want to get the old me back.

The old you was driven in part by adderall,maybe caffeine could help,some food with it just before performing,save higher dosage for performance days only.
In saying that I would be careful what life you build using stimulants of any kind,even the substances we mention on here in the wrong dosgages can cause problems,we see this on here with those who want a magic bullet to get back to the old lifestyle but if the old lifestyle caused the problems it will potentially cause them again,high energy careers I speak of here.

It depends then on the kind of music,just like any culture there is an underlying energy to it,nearly all musicians are on something these days,classical musicians are popping beta blockers before performances.
The Rock musician lifestyle is well known and pop music is cocaine fuelled.
The beach boys Brian Wilson used LSD. Those micro dosing LSD never talk about heart fibrosis potential.

The old you was driven in part by adderall,maybe caffeine could help,some food with it just before performing,save higher dosage for performance days only.
In saying that I would be careful what life you build using stimulants of any kind,even the substances we mention on here in the wrong dosgages can cause problems,we see this on here with those who want a magic bullet to get back to the old lifestyle but if the old lifestyle caused the problems it will potentially cause them again,high energy careers I speak of here.

It depends then on the kind of music,just like any culture there is an underlying energy to it,nearly all musicians are on something these days,classical musicians are popping beta blockers before performances.
The Rock musician lifestyle is well known and pop music is cocaine fuelled.
The beach boys Brian Wilson used LSD. Those micro dosing LSD never talk about heart fibrosis potential.

Caffeine without food is probably more similar to amphetamines.

Constatine

Do you know how to undo the serotonergic damage from amphetamines? I was prescribed Adderall and took it almost every day for 5 years. I've been off it for about a year, but I'm still feeling the learned helplessness.
Infrared lights applied to the forehead, B1, fixing neurosteroid profile, and increasing androgens might help.

REOSIRENS

The Atheism Pill
You are quite right man... I know someone who was very religious and after Ssri treatment became less religious and start to be very promiscuous... This person always says that can't feel empathy like before and is more difficult to love people

Constatine

You are quite right man... I know someone who was very religious and after Ssri treatment became less religious and start to be very promiscuous... This person always says that can't feel empathy like before and is more difficult to love people
I always find lowering serotonin makes me more spiritual. But does this mean that a lack of spirituality is in part due to high serotonin? In my experience it would make sense.

DaveFoster

I always find lowering serotonin makes me more spiritual. But does this mean that a lack of spirituality is in part due to high serotonin? In my experience it would make sense.
PHO6fdd5570-bf2a-11e3-8768-ea0d916bcd04-805x453.jpg

This is a picture of Jules Ferry at 55, a French nationalist, colonialist lawyer and politician, who opposed the Catholic Church. He was a deist.

Last edited:

REOSIRENS

SSRI's are lethal because initially a little hope is given to some when allopregnenolone increases,this is the initial hook.
Indeed...
It causes physiological stress and in reaction to this stress body desperately manufacture allopregnenolone (it has some of Gaba calming effects...makes you feel Serene ... feeling satisfied and in peace...but in short term)... Problems arise when body stops having the ability to raise allopregnenolone due the damages and impairments caused by ssri

Ssri raises prolactin quite a lot and causes frontal cortex and basal ganglia calcification

Constatine

800px-JulesFerryBonnat.jpg

This is a picture of Jules Ferry at 55, a French nationalist, colonialist lawyer and politician, who opposed the Catholic Church. He was a deist.
Many in Catholic Church lack spirituality as well. But what are the physical signs of high serotonin? Hypothyroidism probably means high serotonin and hypo is easily seen physically, but how can one tell physically if someone simply has a high serotonin state?

Constatine

Indeed...
It causes physiological stress and in reaction to this stress body desperately manufacture allopregnenolone (it has some of Gaba calming effects...makes you feel Serene ... feeling satisfied and in peace...but in short term)... Problems arise when body stops having the ability to raise allopregnenolone due the damages and impairments caused by ssri

Ssri raises prolactin quite a lot and causes frontal cortex and basal ganglia calcification
"But lets give 10 year olds it anyway"

REOSIRENS

Yes high serotonin can be damaging to spiritually...people in low latitudes(high dopamine(tropical areas in South America and Africa) are very religious even facing constant material poverty and hardships ... People in high latitudes(high serotonin/growth hormone) Nordic countries don't face material hardships but are less religious and empathic at times... I am not saying all of them but it is a constant ...they don't care about religion and only care to be with closest of closest friends...and in tropical countries they are more empathic and open their houses and resources even not knowing you... And they are always socializing in great numbers

REOSIRENS

Many in Catholic Church lack spirituality as well. But what are the physical signs of high serotonin? Hypothyroidism probably means high serotonin and hypo is easily seen physically, but how can one tell physically if someone simply has a high serotonin state?
Great post...most leaders in Catholic Church are not religious people...they are more secular philosophers with some religious ideas ... And they don't socialize that much and are bonded to isolation...physically they have appearance of high estrogen and hypo... Lack of exercise ...isolation ...and non explorative environment...

Last edited:

DaveFoster

The same signs as high cortisol, mainly skin deterioration, accelerated hair loss, sexual deviance and perversions, addictive compulsions, neuroticism, and a tendency toward isolation and drug use. Black-and-white thinking, feelings of atomization, victimization, and projections of conflict are further examples of a related mindset. Excessive laughing (in the absence of humor), crying, aggression, provocation or communication reflect high serotonin in the brain.

By excessive communication, I mean an inability to articulate. People who use fillers "like, um, ah, y'know" etc. demonstrate excessive nerve excitation; for this reason, it discredits their authority to speak in such a manner.

Also, grandiose thinking and relation of everything to a previous event or to one's self is another example. People who think they're superior or inferior to everyone else; basically any mental perversion that misapplies the role of the self.

Last edited:

bdawg

The same signs as high cortisol, mainly skin deterioration, accelerated hair loss, sexual deviance and perversions, addictive compulsions, neuroticism, and a tendency toward isolation and drug use. Black-and-white thinking, feelings of atomization, victimization, and projections of conflict are further examples of a related mindset. Excessive laughing (in the absence of humor), crying, aggression, provocation or communication reflect high serotonin in the brain.

By excessive communication, I mean an inability to articulate. People who use fillers "like, um, ah, y'know" etc. demonstrate excessive nerve excitation; for this reason, it discredits their authority to speak in such a manner.

Also, grandiose thinking and relation of everything to a previous event or to one's self is another example. People who think they're superior or inferior to everyone else; basically any mental perversion that misapplies the role of the self.

I disagree with some of that, high serotonin, ie someone on zoloft/paxil/lexapro for over 3 months show symptoms more in line with Haiduts initial observation, lack of empathy, weight gain/low metabolism, lethargy, no motivation, no emotion, inability to cry or react to events, and significantly reduced interest in sexual activity. It's almost like a human hibernation state

M

member 2106

Indeed...

These are striking claims. Do you have references for them? (I have seen studies talking about allopregnenelone effect, but not the mechanism you describe, of allopregnenelone manufacture as response to "stress" and consequent failure to raise it).

DaveFoster

I disagree with some of that, high serotonin, ie someone on zoloft/paxil/lexapro for over 3 months show symptoms more in line with Haiduts initial observation, lack of empathy, weight gain/low metabolism, lethargy, no motivation, no emotion, inability to cry or react to events, and significantly reduced interest in sexual activity. It's almost like a human hibernation state
High Cortisol / Testosterone Ratio As A Likely Cause Of PTSD

Methylene Blue As A Treatment For Manic Depressive Psychosis

Blocking Blue Light Can Cure Bipolar Disorder

Prevention of stress-induced morphological and cognitive consequences. - PubMed - NCBI
"Atrophy and dysfunction of the human hippocampus is a feature of aging in some individuals, and this dysfunction predicts later dementia. There is reason to believe that adrenal glucocorticoids may contribute to these changes, since the elevations of glucocorticoids in Cushing's syndrome and during normal aging are associated with atrophy of the entire hippocampal formation in humans and are linked to deficits in short-term verbal memory."

Fluoxetine-induced stuttering. - PubMed - NCBI

Studies suggest the brain basis of stuttering – Neuropatterning for stutterers
"There are single case reports of beneficial effects on stuttering with the beta-blocker drugs propranolol and betaxolol...There are reported cases of fluoxetine (Prozac) causing stuttering in nonstutterers."

Brief communication: pathological narcissism in bipolar disorder patients. - PubMed - NCBI
"when manic, bipolar patients do appear similar to the narcissistic group, sharing 12 out of 14 of the identifying criteria for NPD. The results support the inclusion of mania in the differential diagnosis of NPD."

Emotional lability secondary to the application of a very potent topical corticosteroid
"Patients with Cushing's syndrome may suffer with psychiatric disturbance including emotional lability [excessive crying of laughing], euphoria, depression, psychosis, or mania."

Splitting in Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder
[black and white thinking]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17028025
"The patients' [with borderline personality disorder] cortisol secretions decreased relatively less steep during the day than it did in the controls. Surprisingly, morning DHEA levels were significantly higher in the patients than in the controls. "

DuggaDugga

I'm sure this study has been cited elsewhere but it's always worth a re-cite:
"Is serotonin an upper or a downer . . . "
andrews2015.pdf

I'm very impressed with the authors' take on depression and the mechanism of SSRIs through the lens of the living organism as perfectly integrated, seeking homeostasis. All the proposed mechanisms to justify SSRIs I've encountered are too simplistic and unsubstantiated to warrant their prescription in any capacity. So how do a majority medical professionals allow themselves to be so misinformed. . .

"Selective publication of antidepressant trials . . ."
MMS: Error

Again, very impressed with NEJM and the authors of that article for approaching such a sensitive topic. Unfortunately that article is almost a decade old and you hear it referenced virtually never.

SSRIs are on par with statins as far as their prescription being practically criminal negligence in my opinion.

Thank you, this is valuable information.

Regina

:eek well that was wonderfully creepy description.

TeslaFan

Nicely put. I think self-centeredness, and focus on the past, seem to be common symptoms of elevated serotonin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom