SSRI Drugs Impair Judgment, Wisdom, Understanding, Love And Empathy

Drareg

lol this is such utter nonsense. You can literally say any x is a y by using wordplay like this. I hope for your sake you don't think you're being clever and instead think I'm dumb enough to fall for this. No religion is religion! No belief is belief! When words encompass everything they mean nothing. And you can literally say anything and have it be true when your parameters are unconstrained. I'm not going to waste time reading the rest of your post.

Your pickled full of hubris,as before when something threatens your mental anchors you respond with the usual illusory high road.
Your starting to sound like a priest with your proselytising of atheism just like dawkins.
Go worship your God of "cherry picked evidence" from "experts" keep in mind nobody has clue how reality works.

schultz

Start a new thread if you want to talk about atheism. You're ruining the thread :cigar:

No, I'm not joking, and if you're not able to concede the point that SSRIs sometimes help people, then you must be very blinkered..

A placebo could probably help a few people as well, if it was prescribed and was packaged nicely. No side effects either :eek:

Drareg

SSRI's are lethal because initially a little hope is given to some when allopregnenolone increases,this is the initial hook.

This is quite an interesting article regarding 'the hook'.
All the Rage

You're joking , right ?[/QUOTE]

This article is worrying,I thought by the end it would be a case of never again.
Before she took them her thoughts are pretty intense,I don't think pills will help,it's sounds close to pathological,like classic career type who will stop at nothing to achieve the goals of capitalist success story,approaching 30 years of age and hormones start to drop,expectations still not met,I think this hormone drop is happening earlier in some cases adding to the underlying mania.

The diagnosis seems to make things worse,bipolar 2,it's like a patch for not addressing the real why or potential why.
I'm noticing it a lot with people in early 30's,it's like they are searching for a diagnosis or an excuse to apologise for not meeting their capitalist expections,almost shame,they need a medical issue as an apology,many times its poorly defined things like adrenal fatigue,pathogens,serotonin too low,or some other mystery,not saying these couldn't be the issue but it's more the searching for a diagnosis,it's like the body knows it's exhausted and doesn't have the energy to achieve some teenage goal of billionaire have it all type,the ego steps in and blocks the mind from finding the goal to be a problem and creates mystery illness instead as a means to recuperate energy.
Plus saying I have an illness rather than I don't have the stamina sounds better in contemporary culture,biggest con is the culture made many believe said goals are achievable when the system requires more losers to exist than winners.

I think there are other outlets for this loss of energy not just a mystery illness, Anders Breivik is an extreme example,lost all his money in the stock market along with his capitalist expectations and then went and killed people.Probably tried an ssri also.

Mjhl85

here come the mob again...
You must not know many of them.
lol That's exactly your problem. Correlate a handful of a "type" to certain attributes.

Your a walking correlation,another vague redundant post. Hope your enjoying your PUFA and pathogen fighting.
Good one. Haha for the record I consider you mentally handicap. And I don't say that as an insult but as an observation. that's my perception of you. I know you love to scream "ad hominen" like a parrot but its not an attack. K polly?
You misunderstand ideas tremendously, you have no idea, but at the same time have diarrhea of the mouth. An annoying combo. Again there's a specific thread where this really showed and I realized you are "special." Your last comment about pufa and pathogen fighting is SO off-the-wall dumb but it does reinforce my point about empty headed correlations.
btw since you're concerned about my health in your little c*nty way, it's doing great now thanks to having found peat.

lol That's exactly your problem. Correlate a handful of a "type" to certain attributes.

Good one. Haha for the record I consider you mentally handicap. And I don't say that as an insult but as an observation. that's my perception of you. I know you love to scream "ad hominen" like a parrot but its not an attack. K polly?
You misunderstand ideas tremendously, you have no idea, but at the same time have diarrhea of the mouth. An annoying combo. Again there's a specific thread where this really showed and I realized you are "special." Your last comment about pufa and pathogen fighting is SO off-the-wall dumb but it does reinforce my point about empty headed correlations.
btw since you're concerned about my health in your little c*nty way, it's doing great now thanks to having found peat.

You on citalopram or still on the fluoxetine?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As far as I can tell, the real problem is Benzos. The most evil and creepily selfish behavior I've ever seen in my life was from people on them.

Edit: And the Benzo stare... the creepiest thing in the world. Will calmly talk to you and stare straight through you without moving their eyes at all.

One word - Klonopin. This drug is something even seasoned doctors stay away from...for a good reason. It is more addictive than heroin and virtually impossible to wean off from.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
An atypical like Remeron (mirtazapine), and a tricyclic like Elavil (amitriptyline) both have SSRI actions, but in general they tend to lower serotonin

Neither one of these is classed as an SSRI officially. I think the overall effects of SSRI drugs as a class reflects pretty well what that doctor said. I am not denying there are good drugs out there. But the fact that most SSRI have such terrible side effects (on average) makes you wonder why they are being pushed so hard when safer alternatives exist.
Serotonin Antagonists Extend Lifespan, SSRI Dramatically Shorten It
SSRI increase risk of violent crime
Many psychiatric drugs are useless, cause learned helplessness

Last edited by a moderator:

FredSonoma

One word - Klonopin. This drug is something even seasoned doctors stay away from...for a good reason. It is more addictive than heroin and virtually impossible to wean off from.
Yes it is such a problem... I feel it just in my daily life. People on it are monsters. With what we know about health, if we had a loved one on this, what could we do about it? Is this endotoxin? Excessive iron?

Catecholamine

Chronic amphetamine use raises brain serotonin even though initially they are dopaminergic. I see no reason to use amphetamines when access to much safer dopamine enhancers like the adamantane derivatives is available and most of them are cheaper and can be found OTC.
Do you know how to undo the serotonergic damage from amphetamines? I was prescribed Adderall and took it almost every day for 5 years. I've been off it for about a year, but I'm still feeling the learned helplessness.

Drareg

There you go,the real you is here,so much for all the vague posts since you started.

Mjhl85

There you go,the real you is here,so much for all the vague posts since you started.
Real me? I've never purported anything but.
Yea they cant be too vague, after all you have already made up your mind about me. Unless you are a pre-judger.

Drareg

Real me? I've never purported anything but.
Yea they cant be too vague, after all you have already made up your mind about me. Unless you are a pre-judger.

No not prejudice,its important to get involved in dialogue and encourage it anyway you can,how will you know what you know otherwise.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you know how to undo the serotonergic damage from amphetamines? I was prescribed Adderall and took it almost every day for 5 years. I've been off it for about a year, but I'm still feeling the learned helplessness.

Have you searched the forum for "learned helplessness"? Or visited Peat's website? He has a number of articles on that.
New Page Title Here

Drareg

Did you build your life around adderall,do feel you don't have the energy to match what you built so to speak? 5 years is a good stretch.

Catecholamine

Did you build your life around adderall,do feel you don't have the energy to match what you built so to speak? 5 years is a good stretch.
You could say that, although I'm currently in a transitional period where I don't have many real obligations. However, a lot of my ambitions, such as building a career in music, are things that require a lot of energy and self-motivation, and as of now, I'm feeling like I don't have the energy to advance.

I don't want to change my career path or ambitions, I want to get the old me back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom