Squinting In Daylight - When Do You Have Trouble Opening Your Eyes Outside?

There's definitely a connection between late night screentime and working under fluorescent lights that makes my eyes more sensitive to sunlight.

Does anyone have any insight (harhar) on this? Any ideas as to what sensitive eyes mean as a reflection of the internal body?

opethfeldt

There's definitely a connection between late night screentime and working under fluorescent lights that makes my eyes more sensitive to sunlight.

Does anyone have any insight (harhar) on this? Any ideas as to what sensitive eyes mean as a reflection of the internal body?
Pretty sure it's a sign of high serotonin.

I usually have no beef with the sun -- and I never squint too hard when outside in a bright, sunny day.

Some people I know avoid it like the plague because it "makes them sick" for some reason, but I've grown to enjoy more sunlight with no downsides over time.

If it is too much serotonin and not other factors much, I guess it is self-explanatory mostly then as to why some can't stand the sunlight as much -- or see being in the sun as an unpleasant undertaking.

What about too much PUFA accumulated though? Lipofuscin/age spots have to do with iron as well, no? Something something about lipid perodixation or etc. too.

I would think that would be an issue with being in the sun too much as well, even for the eyes.

I also stare at screens many hours a day, but don't see much impact with vision (but I am low PUFA and use blue light filters).

OP
Twohandsondeck
Pretty sure it's a sign of high serotonin.

Haven't heard that one yet. I'll keep it in mind when researching.

What about too much PUFA accumulated though?

I know PUFA consumption definitely increases sunburn susceptibility. I'm not sure how it's implicated in the eyes but it doesn't seem to helpfully contribute to any ideal bodily function based on ideas espoused by this forum.

did you try blocking the blue light with blue blocker glasses or screen protectors?

I have in the past and it definitely helps the issue & improves sleep quality marginally but honestly just abstaining from artificial light after sunset altogether has a pronounced benefit on both sleep quality and daylight sensitivity (as I feel about it, anyways xD)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals