Squid giving cysts

grapes

Eating squid gives me facial cysts (1 at a time). Happened with marinated and fried, and lately with canned. It is rich in copper and selenium, but selenium supplements never did that to me. Or is it something else?

OP
G

grapes

It's also high in Cholesterol and Taurine
Hmm, Taurine supplements increase seb derm for me a little bit. I'm not sure of which content is greater, supps or eating squid. Cholesterol, I doubt as a cause, I suppose many foods have it higher than that with no consequences.

OP
G

grapes

I found it, there are sources indicating it's too much of iodine excreting in sebaceous glands causes acne.

whit

There may be an off label additive giving issues.

We’ve been eating frozen squid for some time without issues.
Peat has mentioned having issues with the patties they sell in stores.

OP
G

grapes

There may be an off label additive giving issues.

We’ve been eating frozen squid for some time without issues.
Peat has mentioned having issues with the patties they sell in stores.
Sure natural is always better than what's in store. But there are additives in virtually every processed food from store which I eat and it doesn't give me cysts, and here I ate two diferent preparations of squid and got them, so I think it's not because of additives. Also the marinated one didn't have a lot of additives and the reaction was the fastest, the next day I got a big deep cyst.

ww3not4me

Not to mention all the pollution in the ocean.

I see a lot of people on this site that almost seem insane to me a new member. If your eating something or taking something and it makes you ill or causes a negative side effect STOP! Give it some time reintroduce it and if the negative or unwanted side effect comes back stay away from it. Everything does not need to be clearly understood. We still do not fully understand gravity but I know not to jump off a building even if I do not understand gravity fully.

If every time you eat something it gives you a cyst or diarrhea or some other side effect just stop! The easiest thing to do is to not put it into your body if it is giving you problems! It does not matter how good something might be for you. I can almost guarantee that if it is giving you a cyst every time you eat it on your skin that it is likewise affecting your internally as well.

Hemlock is natural and even if organic it is still a deadly poison! Water is good for you but if you drink too much it will kill you.

I doubt it is iodine I take 50mg a day and a lot of people take 12.5mg to 50mg a day with no issue. I am pretty sure your stomach would burst before you could get enough iodine from squid to cause you a problem. Look at the high amounts of iodine taken in on average in Japan.

You will never understand everything that happens in your body no one will. The iodine contained in seafood does not cause allergies. So it would have to be either a containment or the proteins itself that causes you a problem.

Easy way to test this would be to buy nascent iodine and take a drop and see what you see. It is not the same iodine as sea food but it comes from deep in the earth and is the least likely to cause any allergic reaction. I can not have any corn, wheat or soy. It does not matter if it is GMO or Non-GMO it is the proteins. If I pick it from the fields directly and eat it directly from the field or eat it refined to death. If I eat them I get immediate diarrhea. So in my case it is not a mineral or vitamin.

So it is easy to test. Shrimp have a lot of iodine in them. Table salt has iodine, seas salt has iodine.

Google foods high in iodine and I bet you eat at least 5 foods listed high in iodine with no issue!

I would not write this off so easy. I would hate for you to have a food allergy end up maybe killing you because you think it is just iodine!

OP
G

grapes

...I doubt it is iodine I take 50mg a day and a lot of people take 12.5mg to 50mg a day with no issue. I am pretty sure your stomach would burst before you could get enough iodine from squid to cause you a problem. Look at the high amounts of iodine taken in on average in Japan.

You will never understand everything that happens in your body no one will. The iodine contained in seafood does not cause allergies. So it would have to be either a containment or the proteins itself that causes you a problem.

Easy way to test this would be to buy nascent iodine and take a drop and see what you see. It is not the same iodine as sea food but it comes from deep in the earth and is the least likely to cause any allergic reaction. I can not have any corn, wheat or soy. It does not matter if it is GMO or Non-GMO it is the proteins. If I pick it from the fields directly and eat it directly from the field or eat it refined to death. If I eat them I get immediate diarrhea. So in my case it is not a mineral or vitamin.

So it is easy to test. Shrimp have a lot of iodine in them. Table salt has iodine, seas salt has iodine.

Google foods high in iodine and I bet you eat at least 5 foods listed high in iodine with no issue!

I would not write this off so easy. I would hate for you to have a food allergy end up maybe killing you because you think it is just iodine!
Wise words, I agree with you! Yeah it would indeed surprise me if it was iodine because I have taken (in small amounts) lugol iodine with no concern. But again I'm not sure where is more of it, in squid or in a few lugol drops. Anyway, I'll stay away from eating it.

ww3not4me

Food allergies are no joke I had an uncle almost die. He lived on the California Coast and in the bay area of San Francisco. He ate lunch every day at Fisherman's Warf and one day had allergic reaction that almost killed him. He had eaten seafood for 35 year up to that point every day never a problem.

If I avoid corn, weat, soy and tree nuts I have no problems with my lower track go near those and instant diarrhea and nausea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals